Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A throne in Flames - Game #17 8pm

The critics had already predicted their demise at the beginning of the season. An Aging lineup without it's #1 goalie was a  failure waiting to happen. And after a 4-8-1 start the axe fell on former assistant Stevens and his staff. Waiting in the wings was one Wilbrod Desjardins,  fondly known as Willie the Wanker from his days being fired as coach by Vancouver.

So now sporting a 5-9-1 record, having beat Anaheim  and losing to the Wild 3-1, Willie's boys are set to face the Flames on what surprisingly is the late game on Hockey Night in Ontario. They have $424K in cap space, with $5.8 mil goalie Quick on LTI, they have Budaj and Campbell as goaltenders. They are paying Kopitar 10 mil and Kovalchuk 6.25 mil, Doughty 7 mil this year and 11 mil hereafter. So there's not a lot of room to add to this collection of "veterans".

The Flames come in with the following lineup (from yesterday's practice) and plan to put Rittich in goal:

@Fan960Wills
lines and pairings at practice:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Neal
Bennett-Ryan-Frolik
Hathaway-Jankowski-Czarnik
Peluso

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Andersson
Prout-Stone

Rittich
Smith

Dube remains on IR so Czarnik gets inserted again. Looks like Peluso sits. The strength of this team is their heavy forecheck and constant pressure. That combined with a tight team defence should be a recipe for success,....IF they get good goaltending. That is essential to their success and has been missing from their game with Smith in goal. Hopefully with Rittich there they will feel confident in their game and produce on ice. Do it!

Go Flames GO!
{go down in Flames, LA!}

[Image: img_0246-edited.jpg]
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not so sure about the former.-Einstein
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Ramtuf , Suity , Bully
Haynes tweets

"FWIW, Andrew Mangiapane was a late scratch for Stockton last night. This comes with the Flames also in California and on a day in which the 4th line at practice had RW Garnet Hathaway on his off-wing. Perhaps a call-up and a Mangiapane-Jankowski-Czarnik 4th line is in the offing."

Now thats a 4th line I wouldn't mind seeing. Garney isn't doing it for me this year and playing him on his offside can't be a good solution. Bringing Mangy up just might be.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 09:55 AM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote:

The critics had already predicted their demise at the beginning of the season. An Aging lineup without it's #1 goalie was a  failure waiting to happen. And after a 4-8-1 start the axe fell on former assistant Stevens and his staff. Waiting in the wings was one Wilbrod Desjardins,  fondly known as Willie the Wanker from his days being fired as coach by Vancouver.

So now sporting a 5-9-1 record, having beat Anaheim  and losing to the Wild 3-1, Willie's boys are set to face the Flames on what surprisingly is the late game on Hockey Night in Ontario. They have $424K in cap space, with $5.8 mil goalie Quick on LTI, they have Budaj and Campbell as goaltenders. They are paying Kopitar 10 mil and Kovalchuk 6.25 mil, Doughty 7 mil this year and 11 mil hereafter. So there's not a lot of room to add to this collection of "veterans".

The Flames come in with the following lineup (from yesterday's practice) and plan to put Rittich in goal:

@Fan960Wills
lines and pairings at practice:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Neal
Bennett-Ryan-Frolik
Hathaway-Jankowski-Czarnik
Peluso

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Andersson
Prout-Stone

Rittich
Smith

Dube remains on IR so Czarnik gets inserted again. Looks like Peluso sits. The strength of this team is their heavy forecheck and constant pressure. That combined with a tight team defence should be a recipe for success,....IF they get good goaltending. That is essential to their success and has been missing from their game with Smith in goal. Hopefully with Rittich there they will feel confident in their game and produce on ice. Do it!

Go Flames GO!
{go down in Flames, LA!}

[Image: img_0246-edited.jpg]

Don’t forget Dusty and Carter until 2223 seasons at 6 and 5 respectably   SN devil
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
And PHAAA-NEUUF at $5.2 until 2020-21. Good thing the Sens are picking up $1.75 a year.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4 , Suity
Haynes tweets that Mangiapane is injured and will be out for a week.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
I just brushed the surface of their cap situation.
Seriously they have 427 "K"  of cap space. They cant even afford to bring someone up from the minors unless they send somebody down.

They have issues.

[Image: a20x2E4.png]
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not so sure about the former.-Einstein
Thanks given by: Suity , Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Bully , Bully
If Quick is on the IR.., they must have more than $427,000 in cap space.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 04:39 PM)KNilsson14 Wrote: If Quick is on the IR.., they must have more than $427,000 in cap space.

This is the link to CapFreindly Kings

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Perhaps I am interpreting it wrong but it shows LTIR in use for 26K and 424K free cap .

Quick is listed under LTIR.
Thanks given by:
You scrolled down too far

At the very top of the page is an LTIR Cap Relief Summary

That $425,000 is a projected cap space and not their current level.

With Quick on the IR, they get almost his full salary in relief - $5,800,000
That chart shows how much of that relief they have used up so far
Thanks given by:
The 5.8 mil is not free space. you can use it but have to give it back when the player returns. So can they go and sign a 5.8 mil guy? Yes, but he has to go when Quick comes back.
Thanks given by:
Yeah.., you are not going to go out and acquire a guy that matches that number.  However, it has worked really well for Pittsburgh numerous times when they lose Crosby and/or Malkin for long stretches and then can acquire a $4 million guy at the deadline.

We don't know the actual cap space the Kings have.  Again, that number you are focusing on is a projected number.
Thanks given by:
Flames score. I wonder if it will be challenged on an offside.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Hamonics seeing eye shot finds the net.

1-0 Cgy
Thanks given by:
Guess not. YAY! Hathaway!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Or not.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
He may not have gotten credit for the goal, but that was a nice screen by Hathaway
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Ryan for holding. Kings PP
Thanks given by:
Ryan sits for 2 minutes

Nice short-handed rush by Lindholm
Thanks given by:
A short-handed breakaway by Backlund is stopped by the Kings keeper
Thanks given by:
Flames get 3 chances to Kings 1 on that PP.

All stopped.
Thanks given by: