Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AEW : Double or Nothing
Shocked 
Anyone watch?

What a show. I think at the very least they can push WWE to get more creative.
Thanks given by:
Was a great show.

Best top to bottom show of it’s size i’ve seen in a while. New Japan has had shows that had better matches, but wasn’t as strong top to bottom and Takeovers are for the most part better shows, but are much shorter only being 5 matches long, which makes it much easier to book.

Don’t think AEW could’ve done much better to start their promotion. That Cody vs Dustin match is going to be talked about for years and the way the show finished created an unbelievable air of excitement for what’s to come.

If you love pro wrestling it’s a must watch show imo.
Thanks given by:
Didn't have high hope for the Rhodes match but man that was good. Right up there for Match of the night with the bucks/lucha bros.

The surprise of the female 4way was freaking Awesome also.

The PPV was great, the only way it could have been better was for the Pac/Hangman match to happen

That belt looks amazing....and heavy, poor Bret.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
The women's division looks decent as well. All I have to say is Cody is one lucky guy.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-28, 07:13 PM)Sportking Wrote: The women's division looks decent as well. All I have to say is Cody is one lucky guy.

And we didn’t even get to see Bea Priestly, Sadie Gibb or Penelope Ford wrestle(Ford was there with Joey Janela when he came out for the battle royal though). I haven’t seen much of Gibb, but have heard good things and Priestly and Ford are both excellent. Priestly’s improvement over the last couple of years has been unbelievable.
Thanks given by: Sportking , Sportking
(2019-05-28, 09:53 PM)dmc23 Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 07:13 PM)Sportking Wrote: The women's division looks decent as well. All I have to say is Cody is one lucky guy.

And we didn’t even get to see Bea Priestly, Sadie Gibb or Penelope Ford wrestle(Ford was there with Joey Janela when he came out for the battle royal though). I haven’t seen much of Gibb, but have heard good things and Priestly and Ford are both excellent. Priestly’s improvement over the last couple of years has been unbelievable.

Who was the girl on commentary last night. Sounds like she is getting a main event push as well?
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-28, 10:13 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 09:53 PM)dmc23 Wrote:

Who was the girl on commentary last night. Sounds like she is getting a main event push as well?

Yeah that’s Allie. She had been in Impact the past few years, but for reasons I can’t quite fathom they decided to let her contract expire. She’s quite good too. I wish she had her Demon(Rosemary) with her, but maybe that can happen down the road. The fact she’s Brandi’s first opponent definitely seems to say she’ll be a big player in the women’s division. They have history from their time in Impact together, so that’s the story behind why they’re facing each other.

Allie is also a good Canadian girl who’s career i’ve followed since her early days as Cherry Bomb, so I have high hopes for her.
Thanks given by:
Anyone listen to Jon Moxley(formerly Dean Ambrose) on Chris Jericho’s podcast? It was pretty amazing. He went off on WWE and Vince McMahon.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-30, 06:36 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Anyone listen to Jon Moxley(formerly Dean Ambrose) on Chris Jericho’s podcast? It was pretty amazing. He went off on WWE and Vince McMahon.

Agreed with most of what he said. The scripting us not surprising though. People wonder why wrestling is so brutal with their storylines. This is why
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-30, 06:36 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Anyone listen to Jon Moxley(formerly Dean Ambrose) on Chris Jericho’s podcast? It was pretty amazing. He went off on WWE and Vince McMahon.
Really curious what the line about Reigns was supposed to be. What he actually said in the promo was bad enough.

Thanks given by:
(2019-05-30, 11:48 PM)Plummer Wrote:
Really curious what the line about Reigns was supposed to be.  What he actually said in the promo was bad enough.

Yeah I can remember when he said what he said and I was pretty startled. Whatever it was he said no to must have been pretty vile.
Thanks given by:
Moxley did a follow up interview with Wade Keller that expands on some of the Jericho interview and has some new stuff as it was done after DoN. It’s in 2 parts as it is very long, but if you can get through the numerous adds it’s worth a listen.
Thanks given by:
All In sold out in under 20 mins and to the surprise of no one, Stomping Ground still have a ton of seats available.

WWE better get their act together quickly or it could get real bad with their TV deal.

Anyone watch NJPW Dominion?

That Naito vs Ibushi match had some nasty spots

Will Osprey vs Dragon Lee match was a thing of beauty.

Thanks given by: