Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Hernandez dead..hangs himself in jail
He killed himself because he believes all his sins will be forgiven, that why he wrote 3:16 on his head.

He was not sorry about any of this, just sorry he got caught.

No he can go live his eternal life with God instead of serving his punishment on earth...he's a ***** coward.

Don't want to be without your family, don't kill people.
Thanks given by:
So he's probably killed five people and maimed two others. Wow.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
(2017-04-20, 03:33 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: CFL got mod edited?  That only took 4 years.  Finally.

actually that was me.... Grin

I wrote that.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 11:57 AM)lewis94 Wrote: He may have been suffering from some mental issues, but I too am a bit tired of people reacting to murders and terrible crimes by saying "well, he MUST have had a mental illness to do that."

Not to go all Highstyx, but there is evil in this world. Some people are capable of doing very bad things without being mentally ill.

I don't know anything about this guy or his case. 

But I don't believe in "evil".  
I think "evil" is a convenient label for what we don't understand or when the "reasons" (however unreasonable) aren't easily isolated or determined.. 

Biological, psychological, sociological--causes can be varied and multiple.  

I don't believe in God.   But I do feel sorry for people who commit horrible acts and not just for the victims.
I always wonder how they got themselves in that position/head space, etc.
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 06:35 PM)nicky Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 11:57 AM)lewis94 Wrote: He may have been suffering from some mental issues, but I too am a bit tired of people reacting to murders and terrible crimes by saying "well, he MUST have had a mental illness to do that."

Not to go all Highstyx, but there is evil in this world. Some people are capable of doing very bad things without being mentally ill.

I think "evil" is a convenient label for what we don't understand or when the "reasons" (however unreasonable) aren't easily isolated or determined.. 

I don't believe in God.   But I do feel sorry for people who commit horrible acts and not just for the victims.

He got himself in this position by being born into a bad situation, growing up in a bad situation and continuing to live in a bad situation.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 06:43 PM)zapzac Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 06:35 PM)nicky Wrote:

He got himself in this position by being born into a bad situation, growing up in a bad situation and continuing to live in a bad situation.

There comes a time in your life where you need to take responsibility for yourself and not use your bad situations as a crutch.

I'd say most people know what is the wrong way of life and what is the right way. At the end, you choose your path.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Not only that he was given a huge opportunity to get out of his bad situation. I really don't see any reason to try attempt to rationalize his crimes.

The whole thing is a sad mess. I don't think the deceased's family are any more.comforted by his suicide.
Thanks given by:
Maybe evil was the wrong word, nicky. It wasn't meant to be a biblical thing. My point was I don't believe mental illness is a requirement for some people to commit violent crime. The premise behind that belief for people is that everyone starts out as a "good person" until circumstances or mental issues lead them down a different path... I don't necessarily believe that to be true.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by: nicky
That's why I bring in in the biological, sociological, and more "ogical's" into the frame.

When I think of the word "evil" I think of the way that people like George Bush Jr. used the word.
It's careless and a cop out for them. A replacement for empathy and thought.

I do find my attempts at generosity more difficult in connection to the rich and influential --e.g. O Reilly and Trump, however. Silly
Personally I think they are turds.

But I try ...

I have rather good hair myself--though I hated it when I was young. -- Don't know what it might be like to wake up to the Donald hair each day. Yikes.

And what's that about O Reilly getting 25 million to go away? Shameful. But I still wouldn't want to inhabit his head for 30 seconds.
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 03:57 PM)Bong13 Wrote: He killed himself because he believes all his sins will be forgiven, that why he wrote 3:16 on his head.

That really makes no sense. I suggest you read up on suicide and christianity.

Anyone who thinks suicide is a one way ticket to absolution has pretty badly misinterpreted Christianity.
Thanks given by: