Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alain Vigneault named Flyers' head coach
[Image: MerryInsignificantAlpineroadguidetigerbe...ricted.gif]

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-n...-306782494

The Philadelphia Flyers have appointed Alain Vigneault as the 21st head coach in franchise history, signing him to a multi-year contract, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.

"We are extremely excited to have Alain join this franchise and lead our team behind the bench for many years to come," said Fletcher. "He brings a tremendous amount of success over an extended period of time that will prove valuable to our team to take the next steps in returning the winning culture to the Philadelphia Flyers organization." 

"It is an honor to be selected as the next head coach of the Flyers," said Vigneault. "The history they have established and the passionate fan base has made this a first-class franchise. I am excited to work with Chuck, the talented group of players and prospects coming up through the system, in order to return Philadelphia to the top of the NHL landscape."
Thanks given by:
FFS. Flyers got a good one here. This is who I really wanted the Oilers to target.
Thanks given by:
Terrific decisions by both the flyers and AV.

Going through that lineup, there is no way they are that bad.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Numbers just came in by Pierre Lebrun. Five years, 25 million. About the same as Claude Julien.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by:
Flyers will be back in the playoffs next year with Hart as their starter IMO.

Thanks given by:
And Melnyk misses out on another opportunity to bring in a real coach to prove to the fans he's serious about this rebuild.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 03:35 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: And Melnyk misses out on another opportunity to bring in a real coach to prove to the fans he's serious about this rebuild.

There is zero chance AV was going to the Oilers or the Sens.
He saw an opportunity to take an already good team and make them better.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
Awww. like AV a lot. too bad it's the pukey Flyers, but if he's happy . . .

Love that picture too, Ab.

Who knew a Vern Fiddler impersonation of BX could be so funny . . .
makes me laugh every time I see it.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by: Canuxxx , MisterZ
That gif always makes me laugh lol.

The Flyers got a great one.

Thanks given by: MisterZ , MisterZ
I also think this was a great signing by the Flyers. Let’s see who Vignault brings along with him
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 04:57 PM)Chip Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 03:35 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: And Melnyk misses out on another opportunity to bring in a real coach to prove to the fans he's serious about this rebuild.

There is zero chance AV was going to the Oilers or the Sens.
He saw an opportunity to take an already good team and make them better.

Yeah I can't see a big name coach coming to Ottawa unless Melnyk opens his wallet
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: