Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Album reviews
(2017-05-16, 10:48 AM)ZappaScores Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 12:17 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 11:34 PM)ZappaScores Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 04:41 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Kendrick Lamar's new album is a thing of beauty.

It is taking forever to grow on me. The opening is so promising, Humble is great and the u2 track is actually quite good - I was afraid it'd be the most self-righteous song ever. But the rest? Not really feeling it. I'm hoping it's just a slow burn, because I was looking too forward to it. The production is ridiculous, that much is obvious.  It wasn't even my favorite release last week. That would go to Little Dragon.

Kendrick Lamars new album is great!!! I didn't realize he was mocking trap music till someone dumbed it down for me!

How is it mocking trap? I get the shots at Big Sean and maybe Drake, but I don't hear the shot at trap.
http://ca.complex.com/music/2017/03/with...-same-time

This article explains it well. He's basically telling trap "rappers" in the game to chill and recognize he can do what they can with ease. Have you seen the video? There's loads of symbolism about him mocking trap culture.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
Listened to a Motionless in Whites new album Graveyard Shift. Although I miss their screams, Chris Motionless has great vocals on the new record and the band doesn't rely on electronic industrial rock sounds like they have previously. 8/10. Can't wait to see them again!!!
Thanks given by:
Silverstein and In tThis Moment have new albums this summer and Evanescence has a new record for the fall, gonna be a good summer for music for me!
Thanks given by:
Been going through the Deftones discography and I honestly don't see what's so good about them. They're the headliner for a Rise Against show I'm going to next week and they've influenced all of my favorite bands. Yet I can't say any one song is super killer. I've listened to about 4 albums, so far, they're meh. Hopefully the next couple are bwtter
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-02, 11:38 AM)bicboi Wrote: Been going through the Deftones discography and I honestly don't see what's so good about them. They're the headliner for a Rise Against show I'm going to next week and they've influenced all of my favorite bands. Yet I can't say any one song is super killer. I've listened to about 4 albums, so far, they're meh. Hopefully the next couple are bwtter

Which albums did you listen to?
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 06:21 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 11:38 AM)bicboi Wrote: Been going through the Deftones discography and I honestly don't see what's so good about them. They're the headliner for a Rise Against show I'm going to next week and they've influenced all of my favorite bands. Yet I can't say any one song is super killer. I've listened to about 4 albums, so far, they're meh. Hopefully the next couple are bwtter

Which albums did you listen to?

Deftones
Around the Fur
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

I like Around the Fur the most. I feel the singer isn't suited for the type of music being played. Talent and quality is there but it's too "prog" for me.
Thanks given by:
Well those are all their best ones so if they don't do it for you then I don't think their others will. Saturday night wrist is considered by their fans (I think correctly) to be their worst album, however I still love 3-4 songs on there.

Deftones are probably a top 5 band for me, I've seen them several times. Their self-titled album is really great too.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 10:58 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Well those are all their best ones so if they don't do it for you then I don't think their others will. Saturday night wrist is considered by their fans (I think correctly) to be their worst album, however I still love 3-4 songs on there.

Deftones are probably a top 5 band for me, I've seen them several times. Their self-titled album is really great too.

How're they live Stevie? I'm seeing them this coming Saturday, they're the headliner with rise against opening
Thanks given by:
If anyone hasn't heard it, Radiohead is celebrating 20 years of Ok Computer and releasing 3 songs( from that time) with the reissue.

'I PROMISE' is the first and its gorgeous. Young Tom's voice is staggering...

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: nicky
And if you really want to see what we lost in Chris Cornell, check out his duet with Joy Williams on 'Misery Chain'

What a talent...

Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 10:58 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Well those are all their best ones so if they don't do it for you then I don't think their others will. Saturday night wrist is considered by their fans (I think correctly) to be their worst album, however I still love 3-4 songs on there.

I just listened to SNW...yikes that was a bad album. I might just look up their setlist and check out what I haven't already based off that
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 11:00 AM)bicboi Wrote:

How're they live Stevie? I'm seeing them this coming Saturday, they're the headliner with rise against opening

Absolutely killer live band. The drummer is a joy to watch. I have seen them at least 5 times now and they are great each time. 

Budweiser stage (formerly molson amphitheatre) is a really good live venue as well but if you go definitely get into the pit.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 11:05 AM)BlueMountain Wrote: If anyone hasn't heard it, Radiohead is celebrating 20 years of Ok Computer and releasing 3 songs( from that time) with the reissue.

'I PROMISE' is the first and its gorgeous.  Young Tom's voice is staggering...

yeah great tune! reminds me of bends era more than OK computer. 

Interesting cover they chose. the regular cover except one half is burned off.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 02:57 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 11:00 AM)bicboi Wrote:

Absolutely killer live band. The drummer is a joy to watch. I have seen them at least 5 times now and they are great each time. 

Budweiser stage (formerly molson amphitheatre) is a really good live venue as well but if you go definitely get into the pit.

I can back this up, and I'm not even that big of a fan. They are great live. Same goes for Rise Against.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-05, 03:00 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 11:05 AM)BlueMountain Wrote: If anyone hasn't heard it, Radiohead is celebrating 20 years of Ok Computer and releasing 3 songs( from that time) with the reissue.

'I PROMISE' is the first and its gorgeous.  Young Tom's voice is staggering...

yeah great tune! reminds me of bends era more than OK computer. 

Interesting cover they chose. the regular cover except one half is burned off.
Yeah, I think its from inbetween those two records...**** they were good.

Lol...The Bends and Ok Computer.

They could have stopped right then and still been legendary.

Thanks given by:
Rise Againsts new album Wolves is great. I like it better than their previous work. Same issue with their sound being pretty much the same but I feel there's enough of a difference to separate this one.
Thanks given by:
Just went through the Sleep Keepers discography, 8 songs and I love the sound they have, very unique.
Thanks given by: