Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andreas Johnsson hat trick
Riley Nash or Athanasiou would be great fits (Athanasiou would be overkill given how much potential he has lol)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-01, 09:25 PM)bicboi Wrote: Riley Nash or Athanasiou would be great fits (Athanasiou would be overkill given how much potential he has lol)

According to capfriendly Athanasio is RFA
Thanks given by:
Athanasiou seems to be used more as a LW. He hasn't taken many faceoffs this year, 192... seems to be their 5th option on faceoffs. He's less than 40% in the dot. He's also not a PK guy at all.... so, not sure he fits the bill.

Nash would be a decent option, though I'm not sure the Bruins would let him go.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-01, 09:38 PM)Fogelhund Wrote: Athanasiou seems to be used more as a LW.  He hasn't taken many faceoffs this year, 192... seems to be their 5th option on faceoffs.   He's less than 40% in the dot.   He's also not a PK guy at all.... so, not sure he fits the bill.  

Nash would be a decent option, though I'm not sure the Bruins would let him go.

He can keep up with Kapanen, that would give the opposition D nightmares
Thanks given by:
I don't know why people are so quick to write off Nylander as a centre. It was his natural position right up until last season. He played it in the AHL and played it after his callup at the trade deadline. We certainly have the depth to shield him from a lot of D-zone starts, at least at first. He won't be facing top checkers.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-02, 07:28 AM)lewis94 Wrote: I don't know why people are so quick to write off Nylander as a centre. It was his natural position right up until last season. He played it in the AHL and played it after his callup at the trade deadline. We certainly have the depth to shield him from a lot of D-zone starts, at least at first. He  won't be facing top checkers.

I'm not personally writing him off as a C, rather, his chemistry with Matthews is great, and at this point, I'd prefer they remain together.
Thanks given by:
That's true, but we have several talented wingers who could play with him and Matthews can elevate anyone. I want to see Nylander at C to maintain the three-pronged attack without having to sign someone to an inflated contract.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
Let’s move a top line winger to a 3rd line Centre that needs to be protected.
Thanks given by:
I do think WIllie will play centre at some point. Johnsson will play for the Leafs, speed, hockey sense and competitive nature make it a sure thing especially when you factor in his ability to score at every level. He has a nose for the net.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-02, 08:44 AM)lewis94 Wrote: That's true, but we have several talented wingers who could play with him and Matthews can elevate anyone. I want to see Nylander at C to maintain the three-pronged attack without having to sign someone to an inflated contract.

Hyman-Matthews-?????
Marner-Kadri-Marleau
Kapanen-Nylander-???
?????-Altonen-????

We still have Brown to put on a line,Johnsson will be taking a spot on the top 3 lines for sure.Grundstrom is expected to be back from Sweden and take Leo's spot..

I know a lot of people want Tavares but look at those centers..that's a pretty formidable 1st 3 lines..plus we save the 10-12 million and use it on a winger or a stud Dman..

The best thing about or dilemma is that Marner can go from 1st line to 3rd line and make each line better..he is our little sparkplug if you will..
Thanks given by:
Honestly, if San Jose doesn't do well in the playoffs this year, it wouldn't shock me, to see Thornton here on a one year, deeply discounted salary, to take a stab at the cup.

He'd fill in pretty nicely.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-02, 12:02 PM)Fogelhund Wrote: Honestly, if San Jose doesn't do well in the playoffs this year, it wouldn't shock me, to see Thornton here on a one year, deeply discounted salary, to take a stab at the cup.  

He'd fill in pretty nicely.

When i heard that there was actually a contract offer for both guys i right away thought that he may come in the summer of 2018 depending on how the Sharks were trending..he would be one of the best 4th line centers ever.!
Thanks given by:
Joe Grizzly Thornton will never be a Leaf IMO.
Thanks given by:
Bump Johsson has been called up to the big club.
Thanks given by:
That's actually a pretty filthy fourth line.... Johnsson-Pleks-Kapanen
Thanks given by: tmleafer
Some speed on that fourth line and skill as well. WOW. Rosen was also called up.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
Rosen has also be called up on emergency. No Dermott at practice. My guess is he got hit with the flu bug
Thanks given by: