Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Another day, another American spree shooting
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc...24941.html

Black man with lengthy criminal history shooting & injuring 6 police officers.

MSM will bury this story within 24 hours because they can't spin it  in favor of gun control,    white supremacy or Trump

Video showing residents upset at the cops?!?! Shouting at & pushing the cops. Shouldn't they be happy to get a drug dealer/ criminal off the streets? Appalling behavior

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/...AQ6HdzHqyc
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-16, 12:08 AM)CTS Wrote: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc...24941.html

MSM will bury this story within 24 hours because they can't spin it  in favor of gun control,    white supremacy or Trump

Video showing residents upset at the cops?!?!  Shouting at & pushing the cops.    Shouldn't they be happy to get a drug dealer/  criminal off the streets?  Appalling behavior

Hmmm, The Federalist Papers. OK
What's next Breitbart? Fox?
I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left.  
Thanks given by:
Ha! Ya that's about what I expected
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-16, 12:40 AM)divit Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 12:08 AM)CTS Wrote: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc...24941.html

Video showing residents upset at the cops?!?!  Shouting at & pushing the cops.    Shouldn't they be happy to get a drug dealer/  criminal off the streets?  Appalling behavior

Hmmm, The Federalist Papers. OK
What's next Breitbart? Fox?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-feder...s-project/

CTS, if you don't want to be called out for your sources, maybe don't use ones like this?
Thanks given by:
Lol - the federalist papers. Seems legit.
Thanks given by:
Ya but what's your opinion of Philly residents swearing at & pushing cops?

Shouldn't they be happy with police doing their jobs & arresting a dangerous criminal?

There's literally 114 different media sites reporting this story

Can't fix simple
Thanks given by:
I think people stopped trying to fix you a while ago.
Not sure what kind of comment you're looking for. This is absolutely a gun control issue, regardless of race.
Thanks given by:
Don't think anyone is less vocal about gun control after this incident.

They aren't referencing the white supremacist angle because the guy clearly wasn't a white supremacist, as many of the previous mass shooters/domestic terrorism incidents were.

What sort of a-HA moment did you think you had here, CTS?
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-16, 09:16 AM)CTS Wrote: Ya but what's your opinion of Philly residents swearing at & pushing cops?

Shouldn't they  be happy with police doing their jobs & arresting a dangerous criminal?

There's literally 114 different media sites reporting this story

Can't fix simple

B - Great! Share one then. 

I - Irony.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-16, 09:16 AM)CTS Wrote: There's literally 114 different media sites reporting this story

Wait...I thought the media was burying this story.  I don't know what to believe anymore!

You say "can't fix simple", and you're right.  Simple would be trying to argue that legitimate issues with gun control and racism don't exist because of this incident.  

I don't think I've seen anyone defending the shooter, so this is another in an endless string of logical fallacies for you.
Thanks given by:
This is funny ( not on a good way ), only because the kid didn't act on his threats and the mother is making excuses. The logic she uses......

Thanks given by:
I'm going to preface my post by saying I am a proponent of gun control as I feel it will get "some" of the guns out of the hands of people who should never have them however, in order for it to be truly effective, the use of more than "background checks" will necessarily need to be initiated to stem the sale of guns to the mentally infirm. I am talking about the governments ability to collect private information on it's citizens.  The ability to invade your privacy in order to make a determination in this regard.

I would rather see gun control that takes what can only be described as assault weapons out of the general public's hands.  Banning the sale of any rifle or handgun that does not serve a practical purpose i.e.. hunting game.

I prefer the above as I feel many of you would prefer your government not collecting personal and private information on you and using it as a determination to restrict your ability have the same rights as any other citizen.

Stepping up background checks on its own, will not alleviate the problem without the government taking a more active role in your lives.  Insane people will still get guns and use them in horrendous acts.

EDIT: Why not let "collectors" buy whatever weapon they want but limit the sale and use of those cartridges generally related to assault weapons to registered gun clubs or shooting ranges. Have the person purchase the shells there, use them and bring the casings back before they leave?
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein
Thanks given by:
(Today, 03:01 AM)topgun Wrote: This is funny ( not on a good way ), only because the kid didn't act on his threats and the mother is making excuses. The logic she uses......

Wow tough situation, and I do feel bad for the mom, I don't think she said anything that any other mom wouldn't say either but the cops are in a tough spot, because if this kid does act on his threat and they knew about it....yikes.

I just hope it teaches these stupid punks a lesson that we are actually responsible and accountable for the harmful things we say.
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)Ryu65 Wrote:
(Today, 03:01 AM)topgun Wrote: This is funny ( not on a good way ), only because the kid didn't act on his threats and the mother is making excuses. The logic she uses......

Wow tough situation, and I do feel bad for the mom, I don't think she said anything that any other mom wouldn't say either but the cops are in a tough spot, because if this kid does act on his threat and they knew about it....yikes.

I just hope it teaches these stupid punks a lesson that we are actually responsible and accountable for the harmful things we say.

Well for the sake of this kid, I hope he does learn his lesson and doesn't do anything stupid like that again. But I also hope they don't put him in jail for a very long time and he's just like everybody else. He is a kid after all and kids do make mistakes. Doesn't justify and like I said hopefully he will learn his lesson
cfl
Thanks given by:
The cops were handling that extremely well, and being exceedingly patient with the mother. ICE agents need to watch that.
Thanks given by:
(18 minutes ago)Whattagame Wrote: The cops were handling that extremely well, and being exceedingly patient with the mother.  ICE agents need to watch that.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect less from them. That's how they should conduct themselves however I wonder how the following factors influenced their behaviour:

1. Being on camera
2. Dealing with a white family as opposed to a black kid and his mom
Thanks given by: