Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Are breakfast dates an actual thing?
How often have you gone in breakfast dates? This girl I've been speaking to wants to meet up for breakfast at like 8am in Toronto...we both live 40 minutes outside of Toronto (by drive or transit). 

Is this person nuts or am I just that terrified of waking up that early? I thought waking up to go out for breakfast is something you do with significant others after being pestered for days. Not with someone casually

Just have a bowl of oatmeal and go out for dinner like a normal person.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I think you are just terrified of waking up that early. Wink

I have never been on a breakfast date, that said, it sounds like an interesting twist on the usual. I think that you would be crazy not to go.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
Breakfast dates are fine...

As a conclusion to the dinner date Happy

In seriousness though, I think a brunch date a bit better idea.
Thanks given by: theDC , theDC
(2019-05-15, 12:44 PM)bicboi Wrote: How often have you gone in breakfast dates? This girl I've been speaking to wants to meet up for breakfast at like 8am in Toronto...we both live 40 minutes outside of Toronto (by drive or transit). 

Is this person nuts or am I just that terrified of waking up that early? I thought waking up to go out for breakfast is something you do with significant others after being pestered for days. Not with someone casually

She's testing you. She's a morning person and she can't abide a lazy bones.
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
Morning dates are fantastic. You don't waste a night out if it goes poorly. If you're the type to insist on paying, the bill will be less, and if it goes really well, you can keep a next part of the date in your back pocket to suggest.
"These things have a way of working themselves out. I'm gonna let the liquor do the thinking."
Thanks given by:
Read between the lines bic. She's inviting you over for a long, passionate ****-fest, followed by breakfast the next morn. It's a pretty obvious signal.
Thanks given by:
8am? That's over 6 hours in to my day - don't be lazy.

Caveat: I do go back to bed for about an hour or 90 minutes after the post-gym meal.
Thanks given by:
Never eat out on the fist date
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by: Widowmaker , CaperLeaf
(2019-05-15, 01:14 PM)Bong13 Wrote: Never eat out on the fist date

or first date either
cfl
Thanks given by:
Go and keep your day free, she could be using this as a launchpad to spend the day with you.
Thanks given by:
I love breakfast dates.

I’m less likely to drink too much.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 12:58 PM)Hieremias Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 12:44 PM)bicboi Wrote: How often have you gone in breakfast dates? This girl I've been speaking to wants to meet up for breakfast at like 8am in Toronto...we both live 40 minutes outside of Toronto (by drive or transit). 

I read something earlier that gave me a chuckle, why is it a person who sleeps in is lazy, but a person who goes to bed early isn't?

I have a hard time getting up for 7am, 8 is fine, but I can stay up until 4-5am without much effort, even if I am up at 8. And I'm lazy? That's just weird
Thanks given by: Ryu65 , Ryu65
I don't do either - go to bed apx 9:45-10 - wake up at 1:15am these days. Caveat being the 60-90 minute nap I take later in the morning after the gym.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 01:14 PM)Bong13 Wrote: Never eat out on the fist date

Laugh
Thanks given by:
8AM is pretty early... brunch would seem more reasonable.

I've never had a breakfast date. My assumption is that it's a good way to keep physical/sexual expectations low and focus on getting to know each other, vs "going out for drinks" or whatever.
Thanks given by:
She has to work at 9:30 and has to leave pretty much at 9. So an hour "date". Our first date was a walk at a lake with some coffee and seemed nice but this suggestion is just awful to me. She's kinda cool but not worth a weekday trip downtown Toronto.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 05:11 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 12:58 PM)Hieremias Wrote:

I read something earlier that gave me a chuckle, why is it a person who sleeps in is lazy, but a person who goes to bed early isn't?

I have a hard time getting up for 7am, 8 is fine, but I can stay up until 4-5am without much effort, even if I am up at 8. And I'm lazy? That's just weird

Agreed I'm so not a morning person, and I recently just started a new job they requires me to be up by 5:30-6am sometimes....ugh. I mean mornings are nice, but I can't help buy go to bed around midnight, so 5 hours of sleep is definitely not ideal....and who wants to go to bed at 9pm.
Thanks given by:
There isn't much better than being up early on weekend days - a huge 90 minute workout, relaxed post-workout nutrition, a good 90 minutes of food prep, a couple hours of legal work from home full grocery shop - and its only 8:30.

There isn't much better than being up early on vacation - hit a 24 hour drop in gym (hotel gym as a last resort) to start the day right and then head back to drink a lazy pot of coffee while "interneting" and enjoying the peace and quiet (and, if its a beach vacation, on the patio of the condo enjoying the views and weather - great time to get some legal work done which always needs to be taken care of on vacations.

Early mornings are the best (and, yes, I acknowledge, gym at 2am is totally weird).
Thanks given by:
Breakfast dates are normal when already in a relationship (going out for pancakes, etc.), but it would be weird if it's someone you've just started dating. It's more of a thing when you're months or years into a relationship.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 08:14 PM)bicboi Wrote: She has to work at 9:30 and has to leave pretty much at 9. So an hour "date". Our first date was a walk at a lake with some coffee and seemed nice but this suggestion is just awful to me. She's kinda cool but not worth a weekday trip downtown Toronto.

The one hour window for a date is pretty short from 8 to 9 am. Tell her that your mornings are packed with previous engagements. She's scheduling you at the crappiest time of the day for a date.

Friday and Saturday nights are PRIME TIME reserved for the "A" list. Weekday mornings are fillers or dead time. Don't be that filler that enhances her ego. I don't know her personality, so I have to go by the generalities.

Offer her some other options to meet her right after her work day or after dinner for a drink or a coffee. 

Wish you nothing but the best Bic !
Thanks given by: