Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Flames Canada's best shot at a cup this year?
Man, that is looking like a solid well rounded group.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
It appears that way, unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Personally, i do not want to see any other Canadian team win a cup, least of all, Calgary.

But yes, they are a great team, and a legit threat to win the cup this year. Hopefully, someone stops them.
Thanks given by:
My one and only ask is ABT (Anybody but Toronto).
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Suity
(2019-01-11, 02:17 PM)Fritz Wrote: Personally, i do not want to see any other Canadian team win a cup, least of all, Calgary.

But yes, they are a great team, and a legit threat to win the cup this year. Hopefully, someone stops them.

Agreed on all points.
Thanks given by:
That Hamilton trade was huge, they traded that guy at the exact right time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 02:17 PM)Widowmaker Wrote: My one and only ask is ABT (Anybody but Toronto).

I hope they do just for you and all the salty teared fans.
Thanks given by: lewis94
As for Calgary they have a really great team but I say if they go with Smith over Rittich it lessens their chances greatly
Thanks given by:
Since they won the cup (outside of the 2004 run) they have won exactly one playoff round. I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.

Plus they’re GM is an idiot. I’ve never seen anyone put so much effort into “fixing holes” and shoring up weaknesses. That’s not how it’s done. Shuffling the deck, that’s how a true GM conducts himself.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 02:34 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: Plus they’re GM is an idiot. I’ve never seen anyone put so much effort into “fixing holes” and shoring up weaknesses. That’s not how it’s done. Shuffling the deck, that’s how a true GM conducts himself.

It's almost like the Flames are not trying to win the draft lottery anymore.  They should fire their GM immediately.
Thanks given by:
Flames v Toronto...cup final. Happy

just because so many people would hate to see it. Silly

for myself, these are my two favorite teams (Leafs 1, Flames 2)

as far as "Canadas best shot"...its pretty much a toss up between Leafs and Flames....2 pts separate them in the standings, with the Leafs having played 2 fewer games. Can't dismiss either when asking who has the better chance
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 02:32 PM)Sportking Wrote: As for Calgary they have a really great team but I say if they go with Smith over Rittich it lessens their chances greatly

The Flames will either have to get Smith playing up to par or get another goalie. Rittich can't play the rest of the season and if he does I don't think he'll have much gas in the play-offs.

Can the Flames go far in the play-offs? Maybe. But a guy like Neal will have to contribute scoring. Ditto for the bottom six. I think Treliving will look to add some depth there.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 02:45 PM)Chris D Wrote: Flames v Toronto...cup final.  Happy

just because so many people would hate to see it.  Silly  

as far as "Canadas best shot"...its pretty much a toss up between Leafs and Flames....2 pts separate them in the standings, with the Leafs having played 2 fewer games.  Can't dismiss either when asking who has the better chance

no love for winnipeg?  Two points back of toronto.
Thanks given by:
Think the Jets have a better shot this year IMO.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 02:50 PM)RyeRocks Wrote:

as far as "Canadas best shot"...its pretty much a toss up between Leafs and Flames....2 pts separate them in the standings, with the Leafs having played 2 fewer games.  Can't dismiss either when asking who has the better chance

no love for winnipeg?  Two points back of toronto.

I was going to say Winnipeg too. They have a great team.
Thanks given by:
Look out for those Oilers if they slip in!! Could be '06 all over again! Barely make it in and go to game seven of the SCF!!

Nah, never mind... I'm absolutely deluded...
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 03:14 PM)Bandit Wrote: Look out for those Oilers if they slip in!!  Could be '06 all over again!  Barely make it in and go to game seven of the SCF!!

Nah, never mind... I'm absolutely deluded...

All we'd have to do is give Pronger his couch back and Voila!
Thanks given by:

I'd put the Jets ahead of Toronto based on how the team is built and what we know about how playoff hockey is played.

1. Calgary
2. Winnipeg
3. Toronto
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
I think we look pretty damn good right now.

I also fear that Nashville and especially Winnipeg can beat us up over seven games.

Should be fun to watch.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Flames are playing great and they haven't hit every gear, once Neal gets going their offense will be even scarier. Goaltending is the only question.

I think the Jets are a better bet for a deep run. They seem to have the perfect balance of experience, young talent, guys in their prime and depth everywhere. 

I'd rather the Jets win the cup over any other Canadian squad. I can't bring myself to hate on them lol. I'd only lile the Flames to go deep because Monahan is one of my favourite players. 

Jets vs Flames in the conference finals would be cool
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: