Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona at Edmonton
It wasn't pretty last game but they over-came a late bad break own goal that put them down late and ended up with two points. Perhaps its something to build on.

2 points and another game closer to Klefbom returning.

Time to do it again tonight.
Thanks given by:
Please Oilerville...

Can someone please be more proactive with these damn GTD’s... Happy
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 04:21 AM)Pouzar Wrote: It wasn't pretty last game but they over-came a late bad break own goal that put them down late and ended up with two points.  Perhaps its something to build on.

2 points and another game closer to Klefbom returning.

Time to do it again tonight.

I'm kinda hoping Talbot starts again.....he wasn't all that bad last game
I think he deserves another shot
Thanks given by:
Yup, I would be fine with Talbot starting tonight.
Thanks given by:
I don't care who starts as long as they stop the puck.
Thanks given by:
Glen Anderson and Darnell Nurse are the after hours guests tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Starting Talbot more than 2 games in a row is a horrible idea!

C'mon Hitch,  surely you've seen enough of this guys act by now.  He's not going to suddenly get hot,  he's not regaining his form of 2 years ago because he's just not that good.
Thanks given by:
As per Jack Michaels:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Spooner--Khaira-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Kassian

Nurse-Russell
Jones-Larsson
Gravel-Benning

Talbot

Love seeing Rattie back in the top line (if he’s going to play, that’s where it should be).

Love seeing Spooner off the 4th line - not quite “top 6” but he’s not playing with untalented players - will be curious to see how that line does.

No issue with Talbot starting - he’s been the better of the two goalies recently. I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
How does Lucic continue to be a top 6 player?
Thanks given by:
As per coach - those are the lines to "start the game".

He's been pretty consistent in changing things up early and often depending on who is going that game.

In coach's defence, Lucic is playing his best hockey of the season the last few games, in my opinion - and he and the lines he has been on have had quite a few shifts of offensive zone time, Lucic has created some turnovers that led to goals and chances and actually scored a goal.

If that line is struggling, coach will change things up early, as he has.
Thanks given by:
I've heard of coaches using the blender before, but I've never seen anything like Hitch  Laugh.

I never like Lucic with Drai, though. The line tends to look pretty slow when they are on together.
Thanks given by:
My one change to the lineup would be to switch Rieder with Lucic.

Lucic has played somewhat well recently (in my opinion) and, nope, Rieder doesn't "deserve" top 6 minutes based on his play, however the Rieder/Drai/Chiasson line had MUCH success earlier in the year and the Lucic/Brodz/Kassian line also showed they could contribute (not offensively but in other ways).

Anywyas, I like the lineup deployment better than some previous iterations (there is no reason to have Spooner or Rattie play with Brodz) and its unlikely to stay like this unless they score early (also unlikely).
Thanks given by:
Totally. Reider was on fire early in the year where he was almost scoring. Still hasn’t scored, but sure let’s gift him top 6 minutes.
Thanks given by:
For ALL of you Glen Anderson fans, I would listen to the pregame show on 630 CHED this evening.

Plus, he will be announcing his new role with the Oilers. Happy
Thanks given by:
I personally think people sometimes get a little too hung up with traditional thinking and lines 1, 2, 3, 4. The game isnt played on paper and by the end of the game TOI and actual deployment tells the real story. Hitch, IMO, seems to be much, much better than Todd was at in-game management.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: T.V.
Rider/Drai/Chiasson - 110 minutes, 5 goals scored, 1 goal again

Yup, something I think deserves a continued look.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linesta...&p4=0&p5=0

Of course, if a top Lucic basher wants to propagate his personal agenda against another poster and by criticizing a suggestion that Lucic be moved from the 2nd to the 4th line.......

and, yes, "I"ll be OK".
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 03:19 PM)T.V. Wrote: For ALL of you Glen Anderson fans, I would listen to the pregame show on 630 CHED this evening.

I ran into Glen last weekend out in Sherwood Park.  

Hopefully his new role will be top 6 winger.  

On 1260 today, they were talking about bringing Eberle back as a rental.  That would be hilarious if we ended up trading Eberle and a 2nd rounder in exchange for Eberle and $3.1M of dead cap space.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 07:11 PM)Whattagame Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 03:19 PM)T.V. Wrote: For ALL of you Glen Anderson fans, I would listen to the pregame show on 630 CHED this evening.

I ran into Glen last weekend out in Sherwood Park.  

Hopefully his new role will be top 6 winger.  

On 1260 today, they were talking about bringing Eberle back as a rental.  That would be hilarious if we ended up trading Eberle and a 2nd rounder in exchange for Eberle and $3.1M of dead cap space.

Spooner for Eberle and the circle of life is completed.
Thanks given by:
Apparently the Eberle’s aren’t a fan of the big Apple and want to return to a smaller Canadian market. Edmonton makes sense, but so does Calgary and Winnipeg. He could go to Vancouver or Ottawa and play in total anonymity. We definitely could have used him over the Accord or ***** spooner.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 03:34 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: I personally think people sometimes get a little too hung up with traditional thinking and lines 1, 2, 3, 4. The game isnt played on paper and by the end of the game TOI and actual deployment tells the real story. Hitch, IMO, seems to be much, much better than Todd was at in-game management.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

To be clear, I am a fan of Hitch, I don't mind the line shuffling.  With so few assets to work with, you're going to end up trying a lot of combinations.  

Lucic on the 2nd line with Drai and Chiasson doesn't thrill me too much, though.  If it works, great, but I can see that line being split up by the 2nd period.
Thanks given by: