Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona at Edmonton
Ex-Oilers or not, I think the problem with the team certainly goes deeper than just Chiarelli.  I say, fire them all.
Thanks given by:
Remember the year we won the Golden Ticket?  There were numerous reports re: Katz & his reluctance to fire Lowe.  Katz said he just couldn't do it & Lowe remains to this day.   Enough said.

What good does firing Chiarelli do if the same people who created this problem in the first place are doing the hiring?!??

Are you guys happy with another Mac T,  Tambi,  Chiarelli clone?    Because that's exactly who the new GM will be

You can not be trusted to get it right on the 10th try when you're a complete & utter failure at what you do!   You're doomed to keep hiring people who are on the same level as you.  Has this never dawned on the OBC supporters? LOL!

Round & round we go.    Stop bitching & moaning about me bringing this up for 12 years in a row & grab an F'n clue!     How any fan can defend this shit show is beyond comprehension
Thanks given by:
We'll have had exactly 1 playoff appearance in 13 years by the end of this season, despite having top 10 picks almost every year, including a generational talent. Chiarelli is an idiot, absolutely, but there has been something wrong with this organization for a long time now.

Katz should be looking at the entire management group this summer because the roots of the problem are obviously deeper than just the GM. Call it the Old Boys Club, or whatever, it doesn't matter, the point is the team is in desperate need of a culture change because what we have now is clearly incompetent.
Thanks given by:
Katz has owned the team now for 12 years, Lowe's been here even longer. This can no longer be chalked up simply to 'bad luck'
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 10:49 AM)CTS Wrote: The NHL needs to step in & take pity on us poor Oilers fans becsuse the cronyism is getting ridiculous.  Institute a type of 'Rooney Rule'  but call it the Oilers rule.  Where every team must actually interview candidates, instead of just hiring an ex teammate,  colleague,  cousins friend,  etc.

I mean do the Oilers ever actually conduct a search & interview candidates?   As silly as it sounds I don't ever recall hearing about it.  Eakins is the only one i recall & ever since then they just go back to what they know best

The apologists just want the OBC to be kept hush hush & never talked about & most certainly not fired.  It's unbelievable

No.

But you can have your proposed rule if the rest of us get a rule by which the Oilers can not draft top 10 for the next 10 years regardless of where they finish. You've had enough top picks and have messed them up.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Done!
Thanks given by:
Only if the league makes a rule where teams will face discrimination charges for hiring French Canadian coaches exclusively.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 02:09 PM)CTS Wrote: Katz has owned the team now for 12 years,  Lowe's been here even longer.  This can no longer be chalked up simply to 'bad luck'

No one ever chalked it up to bad luck.
Thanks given by:
Can't win if ya can't score goals....
Thanks given by: