Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Armchair GM Thread / Trade Deadline Thread
(2019-03-07, 05:11 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 04:38 PM)Trevorchef Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 04:26 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 03:34 PM)Chip Wrote: A RW definitely has to play their off wing at some point.
Nylander needs to be on AM's right side.
That is painfully obvious.
Wonder if Bracco could play his off wing?

I'd rather see Kappy on his off-wing. His speed coming down the left side could be lethal. 

When you watch Bracco play, so much of his game is creating from the right side. I don't think you want to take that away from him. When I think of a winger playing on his wrong wing it's a shooter, so his stick is on the inside, and he can cut to the middle on his forehand. Cue Kappy. Happy  

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

I actually love this forward lineup.

I'm assuming you are talking about next year as I do not see Marleau in that group.  Wink

I thought we were talking about next year based on Bracco being inserted. Maybe I should read before responding. Happy

No way Bracco comes up this year.

Maybe we were. I've lost track. Who knows.  Grin
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 03:34 PM)Chip Wrote: A RW definitely has to play their off wing at some point.

I'd rather see Kappy on his off-wing. His speed coming down the left side could be lethal. 

When you watch Bracco play, so much of his game is creating from the right side. I don't think you want to take that away from him. When I think of a winger playing on his wrong wing it's a shooter, so his stick is on the inside, and he can cut to the middle on his forehand. Cue Kappy. Happy  

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

I'm assuming you are talking about next year as I do not see Marleau in that group.  Wink

I thought we were talking about next year based on Bracco being inserted. Maybe I should read before responding. Happy

What happens if Marlow refuses to waive? Is their a plan B to Z?
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 05:25 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote:

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

What happens if Marlow refuses to waive? Is their a plan B to Z?

I would guess he plays out his final year in a bottom six LW role. He isn't going to mysteriously disappear like Lupul and Robidas did that's for sure. It will really hamstring the cap situation though. We will probably lose one of Kapanen or Johnsson because of it. Unless they both agree to under value short term bridge deals that is. I guess we will find out in a few months. I cannot see a cap situation where Marleau and Zaitsev both stay, Marner is extended and Kapanen and Johnsson are both a part of this team as well. I challenge someone to show me otherwise. (Seriously... I'd love to see it).
Thanks given by:
All this talk of Bracco and he might warrant it but Petan is also a set up type of player that for whatever reason didn't get an opportunity in Winterpeg.

His last year in the W, in 54 gp he had 15 g and 74 ass for 89 points. Last year in the A in 52 gp. he had 15 g and 37 ass for 52 points.

He shoots L so he'd probably be a decent LW option or center.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 04:34 PM)MisterZ Wrote:

When you watch Bracco play, so much of his game is creating from the right side. I don't think you want to take that away from him. 

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

Or any playmaking winger.

Where'd Marleau go? Robidas Island?

I have a really difficult time accepting that this team will be without Marleau next year. I think we are stuck with him.

I think him and/or Zaitsev are gone in creative ways.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 06:31 PM)Chip Wrote:

When you watch Bracco play, so much of his game is creating from the right side. I don't think you want to take that away from him. 

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

I have a really difficult time accepting that this team will be without Marleau next year. I think we are stuck with him.

Lupul and Robidas cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Marleau. Dubas is not going to send him to Robidas Island, or worse, Arizona.

If Marleau moves or retires, it will be entirely his decision.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 07:01 PM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 06:31 PM)Chip Wrote:

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kapanen Kadri Bracco
Moore Petan Brown

Lupul and Robidas cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Marleau. Dubas is not going to send him to Robidas Island, or worse, Arizona.

If Marleau moves or retires, it will be entirely his decision.
I think this is the play.

Ask him to retire. Promise him a high level job within the organization.
Trade his retired cap hit to Arizona.

This is where the leafs can flex their financial muscle
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
I don’t think Brown will be a Leafs after this season. 

So may be a spot there. 

With Marleau going and possibly Brown. That’s 2 spots open on forward. Bracco  I think if he becomes a full Leaf will start on the 4th line. Moore will get a full time spot. I also think Goat will be gone to. Yo make room for Petan.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-07, 07:14 PM)LordFerg13 Wrote: I don’t think Brown will be a Leafs after this season. 

So may be a spot there. 

With Marleau going and possibly Brown. That’s 2 spots open on forward. Bracco   I think if he becomes a full Leaf will start on the 4th line. Moore will get a full time spot. I also think Goat will be gone to. Yo make room for Petan.

Gauthier is on a veteran minimum contract next season and is a centre. He isn't going anywhere. He is fine as a 4th line centre with a minimal AAV. We will need every dollar. Trading Brown would save 2.1 million. Replace him internally and that probably translates to a savings of 1.2 to 1.4 million. Petan is a RFA with Arb rights... so, he will get an increase. Any way you slice it, it is going to be very tight.
Thanks given by:
Grundstrom scores in his first game with the Kings. Hope he does well, just not too well. Haha
Thanks given by:
and his second game....
Thanks given by: