Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Armchair GM Trade Thread
That's an awful trade.

An unproven dman for all that.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 03:05 PM)Trevorchef Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 12:25 PM)Chip Wrote: We'd also be getting their best player after McDavid (imo.)
And a Stud RHD and future star, imo.

Our pick isn't that valuable, really.
Rosen is a throw in.

It's basically just KK for Bouchard with a few sweeteners.

I highly doubt the Oilers trade their best prospect.

Keep in mind who we're dealing with here bro.... LOL  Wink

(2019-01-10, 04:24 PM)Sportking Wrote: That's an awful trade.

ya the 30th pick, rosen, and an RFA we can't afford.
good one.
Typical homer who thinks we can trade for elite talent by trading Brown and a 5th round pick.

Get real.
You're not getting Parayko for that package either.

So not sure what you think fair value is for a young stud prospect lol.

We trading Kessel for Kapanen.
Who was an unproven prospect at the time.
Think about that for a little bit.
Let it sink in.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
Its only the 30th pick if the Leafs lose in the Stanley Cup Finals. Whether the Leafs can afford Kapanen or not, he is a valuable young player. Bouchard does nothing for the Leafs this season and most likely nothing next season.

Kessel was also not traded straight up for Kapanen who was as unproven a prospect as Bouchard. They also got Harrington who at the time was one of Pittsburghs top defensive prospects at the time, a first round pick and a 3rd round pick. The first was flipped in a deal to acquire Frederik Andersen.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 05:42 PM)Chip Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 12:25 PM)Chip Wrote: We'd also be getting their best player after McDavid (imo.)

Rosen is a throw in.

good one.
Typical homer who thinks we can trade for elite talent by trading Brown and a 5th round pick.

Get real.

Let it sink in.

Toronto could easily make manoeuvres to fit Kapanen in. I am not sure building our dilemma with him into a trade with another team is a good way to speculate on a trade. Kapanens value is not lower because we have to find space to fit him in.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 06:12 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Its only the 30th pick if the Leafs lose in the Stanley Cup Finals. Whether the Leafs can afford Kapanen or not, he is a valuable young player. Bouchard does nothing for the Leafs this season and most likely nothing next season.

Kessel was also not traded straight up for Kapanen who was as unproven a prospect as Bouchard. They also got Harrington who at the time was one of Pittsburghs top defensive prospects at the time, a first round pick and a 3rd round pick. The first was flipped in a deal to acquire Frederik Andersen.

Harrington was never a top prospect and their picks were low.
Bouchard would fill our most glaring organizational need and more importantly be cost controlled on his ELC for 3 years.

The crux of the deal was Kessel for Kap and we know why now.
I love kapanen and would rather trade Nylander.
I much prefer Kapenens complete game.
I was just replying to the original offer with a more realistic one.
Leafs have no need for Nurse so I don’t know why it keeps coming up.
Oilers aren’t trading Larson.
So basically the only other player I’d want is Bouchard, who I think is going to be a stud.
If I’m alone in that thinking, so be it.

Personally I’d rather trade Nylander++ for Dumba, but that aight happening, and neither is anything else because this is a message board not a board room.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 06:12 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Its only the 30th pick if the Leafs lose in the Stanley Cup Finals. Whether the Leafs can afford Kapanen or not, he is a valuable young player. Bouchard does nothing for the Leafs this season and most likely nothing next season.

Kessel had like no value at the time of the trade. The leafs also had to eat money on it. They were fortunate to get a good player like kapanen
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 05:42 PM)Chip Wrote:

Rosen is a throw in.

good one.

Get real.

Let it sink in.

Lol you dont trade proven wingers +++ for an unproven prospect. That's terrible asset management. If you dont understand that all I can say is I'm glad you are not running the team
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 07:10 PM)Chip Wrote:

Bouchard would fill our most glaring organizational need and more importantly be cost controlled on his ELC for 3 years.

So basically the only other player I’d want is Bouchard, who I think is going to be a stud.

Personally I’d rather trade Nylander++ for Dumba, but that aight happening, and neither is anything else because this is a message board not a board room.

+++ eh. Honestly Chip, I think you have a habit of overvaluing other players. Everybody is a stud to you and we are trading +++ in your trades. 

Nothing personal. And I mean that because obviously you are an intelligent poster.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 07:10 PM)Chip Wrote:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mapl...-penguins/

Kapanen, the son of former NHLer Sami Kapanen, was selected 22nd overall by the Penguins at the 2014 draft. The 18-year-old Finnish winger is a small, quick, skilled forward who fits the mould of the type of players the Leafs have been adding of late. He spent the last three seasons with the Kalpa organization in the Finnish Elite League. He also played four games with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the American Hockey League.

Harrington was one of Pittsburgh’s top defensive prospects, drafted 54th overall in 2011. The 22-year-old spent four seasons with the London Knights, which means Leafs co-interim GM Mark Hunter is quite familiar with him.”
Thanks given by:
Dumba is an unproven prospect? Dafuq?

And as for the Bouchard trade, Rosen and our first aren’t exactly huge adds.

Kessel is a consistent 80pt winger.
Let me know when Kapenen is EVER on his level.

The return was meh at best.
Kapenen could’ve easily turned into a Brown.

Trades are risks.
And if any of you read what I said, you’d know it was in reply to an already BS trade by Pouzar and not to be taken seriously.

Bouchard is a top D prospect.

Would you trade Liljegren for a late first, a fringe LHD, and a 50pt winger with speed?
I don’t think so.

Leaf fans perpetually overvalue their own p,ayers, and undervalue everyone else’s.
We 100% would have to add if we tried a Kap for Bouchard trade. Maybe that’s why it will never happen, but the value is still the value.

We would absolutely have to add in a Nylander for Dumba scenario. He is a stud. If you don’t think he is, I urge you to watch more hockey.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 07:53 PM)Chip Wrote: Dumba is an unproven prospect? Dafuq?

And as for the Bouchard trade, Rosen and our first aren’t exactly huge adds.

Kessel is a consistent 80pt winger.
Let me know when Kapenen is EVER on his level.

The return was meh at best.
Kapenen could’ve easily turned into a Brown.

Trades are risks.
And if any of you read what I said, you’d know it was in reply to an already BS trade by Pouzar and not to be taken seriously.

Bouchard is a top D prospect.

Would you trade Liljegren for a late first, a fringe LHD, and a 50pt winger with speed?
I don’t think so.

Leaf fans perpetually overvalue their own p,ayers, and undervalue everyone else’s.
We 100% would have to add if we tried a Kap for Bouchard trade. Maybe that’s why it will never happen, but the value is still the value.

We would absolutely have to add in a Nylander for Dumba scenario. He is a stud. If you don’t think he is, I urge you to watch more hockey.

You said KK, Rosen and a 2019 for Bouchard who yes is an unproven prospect. Not sure where you got Dumba from. Dumba is injured and out 3 months and is not an option right now. There are doubts he will come back 100 % based on the injury he sustained. Nobody is trading for him right now

As for your question would I trade a 50 pt winger, a first and a fringe dman (Rosen is more than that btw. He is lighting up the ahl right now) the answer is yes. I would drive him to the airport. Liljegren has little to no value just like Bouchard as he has not played in the league yet. He could still be a total bust. You cant overvalue prospects that much.
Thanks given by:
Who are you responding to about Dumba?
Thanks given by:
Actually he’s scored a goal in the NHL.
Rosen is a depth LHD nothing more.
I was just talking about Dumba, try and keep up.
NS said I think everyone is a stud.
When I said Dumba is a stud.
And Bouchard will become one.
Big difference.
Also, merely my opinion.

I never said Bouchard was proven in any way shape or form. So your argument doesn’t make sense.
You are cheery picking from my comments and not reading the entire thing.
Thanks given by:
You are making zero sense.

I never said you think everybody is a stud.

Nobody said Dumba is an unproven prospect. That was out of left field.

Shit just got really weird.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:13 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: You are making zero sense.

Good, that means I’m fitting in then.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:10 PM)Chip Wrote: Actually he’s scored a goal in the NHL.
Big difference.
Also, merely my opinion.

I never said Bouchard was proven in any way shape or form. So your argument doesn’t make sense.

Ok if you dont think he is proven then why would would we trade a productive 50 pt winger for him not to mention a 1st round pick and as you put it fringe dman (Babcock and dubas believe otherwise hence why they signed him to a one way contract for next year) 

The fact is you dont know what Bouchard will become in this league. He could be a bust for all you know. That's a bad trade and I struggle to wonder why you think it's a deal the leafs should make
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:21 PM)Sportking Wrote:
Big difference.
Also, merely my opinion.

Ok if you dont think he is proven then why would would we trade a productive 50 pt winger for him not to mention a 1st round pick and as you put it fringe dman (Babcock and dubas believe otherwise hence why they signed him to a one way contract for next year) 

The fact is you dont know what Bouchard will become in this league. He could be a bust for all you know. That's a bad trade and I struggle to wonder why you think it's a deal the leafs should make
I never said they would?
It was posted tongue and cheek at an Oiler poster that was in here.
Oilers wouldn’t do it and neither would the leafs.
Oilers have a long history of terrible drafting, their one good pick isn’t going anywhere.
I don’t think Kapanen is going to be traded either.
I think he should be kept over 29,
As I said before

No one knows any prospect is going to be good or not. That why I said IMO.
I don’t think leafs want to gut their forward group to add a stud RHD. Which would be Nylander+ most likely.

So why not target someone that WILL be good?
We can argue value all you want but who cares, the point is we need RHD. On top of that we gotta hope A) Rosen can step in, and Timmy can step in. That would allow the right side some relief, but in all honesty we’d need one more RHD to hedge our bets on the right side.

I have no confidence in Ozzy and Zaitsev.

The point is, who cares? Bouchard is untouchable if I’m reading the Oilers properly and I think I am.
But mark my words, he will be a top 4 RHD very soon.
As will Timmy, most likely.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:16 PM)Chip Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 08:13 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: You are making zero sense.

Good, that means I’m fitting in then.

Not sure who you are trying to fit in with but it is definitely not a good thing. I think you would do yourself a big favor by relaxing, reading, and thinking before you hit the post button. It would save everybody the hassle of having to figure out who and what you are responding to as I don’t think you even know at this point.
Thanks given by:
To Chip—-All I gotta say in general is be very careful about thinking you are smarter than other people and using lines like “if you don’t see it my way, you should watch more hockey”.

First of all most of us watch a good amount of hockey and most of us augment what we watch by reading or listening to hockey experts and soaking up as much info as we can.

Show me someone who just watches a tonne of hockey, and I say it is entirely possible that same person may not be picking anything up that makes them knowledgeable—-they could just be fans of hockey.

I give you credit for being an intelligent poster.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:30 PM)Chip Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 08:21 PM)Sportking Wrote:
Big difference.
Also, merely my opinion.

I never said they would?
It was posted tongue and cheek at an Oiler poster that was in here.
Oilers wouldn’t do it and neither would the leafs.
Oilers have a long history of terrible drafting, their one good pick isn’t going anywhere.
I don’t think Kapanen is going to be traded either.
I think he should be kept over 29,  
As I said before

No one knows any prospect is going to be good or not. That why I said IMO.
I don’t think leafs want to gut their forward group to add a stud RHD. Which would be Nylander+ most likely.

So why not target someone that WILL be good?
We can argue value all you want but who cares, the point is we need RHD. On top of that we gotta hope A) Rosen can step in, and Timmy can step in. That would allow the right side some relief, but in all honesty we’d need one more RHD to hedge our bets on the right side.

I have no confidence in Ozzy and Zaitsev.

The point is, who cares? Bouchard is untouchable if I’m reading the Oilers properly and I think I am.
But mark my words, he will be a top 4 RHD very soon.
As will Timmy, most likely.

I agree with almost everything you said in this post. I think I joined a bit late and had to go back and read all that you wrote about this scenario. 

I agree an upgrade needs to happen from zaitsev though.
Thanks given by: