Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Armchair GM Trade Thread
Easy fellas. We are all on the same team here. Everybody in here knows enough about hockey to contribute. Play nice please.
Thanks given by:
I never claimed to be smart, ever. Let alone smarter than someone else.
Making a point is different than a personal stack, which I’ve never done on this board. Except at Viable lol.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:33 PM)Trevorchef Wrote: Easy fellas. We are all on the same team here. Everybody in here knows enough about hockey to contribute. Play nice please.

Na nobody is scraping.
Thanks given by:
Damn..chip...when a bunch of people are telling you that you are out to lunch, in all likelihood, you are.

Your proposal was a terrible one.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:40 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 08:33 PM)Trevorchef Wrote: Easy fellas. We are all on the same team here. Everybody in here knows enough about hockey to contribute. Play nice please.

Na nobody is scraping.

Ya it's all good talk. I'm not offended lol

Problem with a message board is it's very hard to interpret tone. I've been guilty myself of overreacting to a post when maybe it wasnt intended as harshly as it sounded.
Thanks given by:
Ya reading tone is the universal challenge lol.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:40 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote:

Na nobody is scraping.

Its not considered a scrap when it is a one side beat down.
Thanks given by:
It's good that half the posters can't read...LOL

( it's a joke)
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 08:36 PM)Chip Wrote: I never claimed to be smart, ever. Let alone smarter than someone else.
Making a point is different than a personal stack, which I’ve never done on this board. Except at Viable lol.
You do come off like u have a chip on your shoulder though!

Jokes
Chill out everyone

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Good participation tonite in the Leaf forum!!!

But I ask, where is Lewis?
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's ever been asked on this forum....is there room on this Leaf team for JT and AM?

IMO JT is the captain of this Leaf team.  He's everything we want in a leader for the Leafs for the next decade.   How can we deprive this man of the honour of wearing the Toronto C?

'Allowing' AM to move on an offer sheet may be a blessing for the Leafs that could be felt for decades.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 11:05 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: Good participation tonite in the Leaf forum!!!

But I ask, where is Lewis?

He's over at Bong's helping set up a grow op.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 08:13 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I don't think it's ever been asked on this forum....is there room on this Leaf team for JT and AM?

IMO JT is the captain of this Leaf team.  He's everything we want in a leader for the Leafs for the next decade.   How can we deprive this man of the honour of wearing the Toronto C?

'Allowing' AM to move on an offer sheet may be a blessing for the Leafs that could be felt for decades.

Or they could move on from Marner because wingers are a dime a dozen. Well we may not have as great of a player as Mitch coming up we do have a pretty good player in Jeremy Bracco who is pretty good at passing the puck.

Marner for Ryan Ellis, Sissons and a 1st
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 08:13 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I don't think it's ever been asked on this forum....is there room on this Leaf team for JT and AM?

If the Leafs were to deal Matthews, I don't think you want it to happen via offer sheet. 

You'd want an absolute blockbuster package of young players who could help you today, tomorrow, and for the next 10 years. Remove Matthews from this team, and we're still talking about it as a contending team, so 4 consecutive years of 1st round picks, that may or may not even be inside the top 10, likely not if you add Auston Matthews to a team without giving up anything off their current roster, is not the return you want. 

If you look at ARZ, you'd want Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun and Hayton to start the conversation, and two of those guys were top 10 picks, and Chychrun should have been. Add Matthews to that group, without removing anyone, and your next 4 years of picks are likely in the 16-25 range.
Thanks given by:
The cap is not going away so why trade an Auston Matthews and then hope what you get back is going to be good.....and then if it is good, they will want to be paid.

Rinse, cycle, repeat. Let’s just try to sort out the money with the talent we have and adjust where necessary. There is no sense being a fan of the Maple Leafs if we feel we need to trade the player many have been waiting 50 years for.
Thanks given by:

Why do you keep beating this drum?
It's completely idiotic.

(See, I can bash people for their ideas, too! Yay! Am I fitting in, yet?)
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 09:17 AM)Chip Wrote:

It's completely idiotic.

You sound like you need a towel to wipe your tears
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 10:00 AM)MisterZ Wrote:

It's completely idiotic.

You sound like a child.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 10:04 AM)Chip Wrote:

It's completely idiotic.

You sound like a child.

Really?
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 10:59 AM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 10:04 AM)Chip Wrote:

It's completely idiotic.

You sound like a child.

Really?

You've done nothing but hurl insults at me.
Instead of acting like a child, maybe bring something to the proceedings?
If not, have a nice day.
Thanks given by: