Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Armchair GM Trade Thread
Where has he been hurling insults at you? You seem to be responding to a lot of posts in this thread that don’t exist.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 11:28 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Where has he been hurling insults at you?  You seem to be responding to a lot of posts in this thread that don’t exist.

he clearly wrote I was out to lunch and that I needed a towel to wipe my tears.
Both things are insults that aren't necessary.

Additionally, instead of explaining why he thinks my idea is so terrible, he just repeatedly said it was terrible.
That isn't how adults have discussions.

So if can't see my side of things NS, that's fine, you rarely do anyway.
No skin off my back.
But at least bring some dialogue to the table instead of saying I need a towel to wipe my tears or that I'm out to lunch.
Maybe try explaining why? Because you know, this is a discussion forum.

If you have nothing real to bring to proceedings, you shouldn't respond at all.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 11:40 AM)Chip Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 11:28 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Where has he been hurling insults at you?  You seem to be responding to a lot of posts in this thread that don’t exist.

he clearly wrote I was out to lunch and that I needed a towel to wipe my tears.
Both things are insults that aren't necessary.

Those aren't insults.

Additionally, instead of explaining why he thinks my idea is so terrible, he just repeatedly said it was terrible.
That isn't how adults have discussions.

My reason to not explain to you why I thought your idea was so terrible is two fold:
1. It was so terrible, if you could not see it, I would not be able to convince you it was.
2. It has been explained by others why is is a terrible offer and you still argue for it, which brings me back to point no. 1.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Leafs have acquired forward Gabriel Gagne from Ottawa in exchange for forward Morgan Klimchuk. Klimchuk was the return from Calgary on that Andrew Nielsen trade.

Gagne has nine points in 33 games this season for the Belleville Senators.

Minor depth move for the Marlies.
Thanks given by:
On the flip side, Gagne led his team in goals last year, with 20, and played in the ASG.... I doubt he becomes much, but it wouldn't shock me to see this all Goals guy, on a line with all assist guy Bracco.
Thanks given by:
Wishing nothing but the best for Gagne, he's 6ft5 and could've been a huge presence for us on the ice. I hate the leafs but would be content with him having success with them (whether its the big club or the AHL)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 08:42 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 08:13 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I don't think it's ever been asked on this forum....is there room on this Leaf team for JT and AM?

IMO JT is the captain of this Leaf team.  He's everything we want in a leader for the Leafs for the next decade.   How can we deprive this man of the honour of wearing the Toronto C?

'Allowing' AM to move on an offer sheet may be a blessing for the Leafs that could be felt for decades.

If the Leafs were to deal Matthews, I don't think you want it to happen via offer sheet. 

You'd want an absolute blockbuster package of young players who could help you today, tomorrow, and for the next 10 years. Remove Matthews from this team, and we're still talking about it as a contending team, so 4 consecutive years of 1st round picks, that may or may not even be inside the top 10, likely not if you add Auston Matthews to a team without giving up anything off their current roster, is not the return you want. 

If you look at ARZ, you'd want Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun and Hayton to start the conversation, and two of those guys were top 10 picks, and Chychrun should have been. Add Matthews to that group, without removing anyone, and your next 4 years of picks are likely in the 16-25 range.
Yeah, you're right Bo.  Letting him 'get away' on an offer sheet makes us look like we're not running our business properly.  You know what I'm saying though guys,...re JT...right?   He's such a class player.  I'd be proud to have him as our captain for the next 10 years.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
(2019-01-11, 08:42 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 08:13 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I don't think it's ever been asked on this forum....is there room on this Leaf team for JT and AM?

IMO JT is the captain of this Leaf team.  He's everything we want in a leader for the Leafs for the next decade.   How can we deprive this man of the honour of wearing the Toronto C?

'Allowing' AM to move on an offer sheet may be a blessing for the Leafs that could be felt for decades.

If the Leafs were to deal Matthews, I don't think you want it to happen via offer sheet. 

You'd want an absolute blockbuster package of young players who could help you today, tomorrow, and for the next 10 years. Remove Matthews from this team, and we're still talking about it as a contending team, so 4 consecutive years of 1st round picks, that may or may not even be inside the top 10, likely not if you add Auston Matthews to a team without giving up anything off their current roster, is not the return you want. 

If you look at ARZ, you'd want Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun and Hayton to start the conversation, and two of those guys were top 10 picks, and Chychrun should have been. Add Matthews to that group, without removing anyone, and your next 4 years of picks are likely in the 16-25 range.

Holy moly! That got my attention! If Arizona added their 1st this year + Chicago's 3rd this year and the Leafs added Gardiner to the deal, I would be very interested.
Thanks given by:
Trading AM seems unthinkable to me. The asks would be enormous... That being said, and using Bo's Arizona example, here is some food for thought...

Arizona - Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun, Hayton.
Dallas - Seguin, Klingberg, Heiskanen.
Philadelphia - Patrick, Sanheim, Provorov, Hart.
Carolina - Svechnikov, Aho, Pesce.

Any takers there??? Feel free to add, subtract, multiply or divide.

This should be a trip... I may need a beer and some popcorn.  Wink
Thanks given by:
All I'd want from Arizona for Matthews is OEL, Keller and a First round draft pick
Thanks given by:
Nice that everyone would pick Matthew's to move on.

Meanwhile we would have Marner who cant break a pane of glass with his shot
Thanks given by:
I am not participating in this. Lol....so I am not going to be critical. I am just going to pretend you guys are not shopping Auston Matthews.
Thanks given by:
Yah this is ridiculous. Half way through a season where the Leafs are the most competitive they have ever been and people want to start trading the young stud core based on hysterics they are creating about salary.
Thanks given by: MisterZ , MisterZ , shadylane
(2019-01-11, 07:38 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: I am not participating in this. Lol....so I am not going to be critical. I am just going to pretend you guys are not shopping Auston Matthews.

I HATE to even THINK of trading Matthews.

HOWEVER, it might have to be considered.

IF Nylander had not held out as long as he did and got more than most thought for less time.

And IF both Matthews and Marner were now already signed to long term contracts there would be no discussion, no thought of it.
Thanks given by:
It is all just food for thought boys. Don't get your panties in a knot over it. I think out of anyone in here, I have been one of the biggest proponents supporting  that drafting a franchise centre is a good thing. I love AM. And I want him here for the duration of his tenure in the NHL. He is, in my opinion, the most talented player that this franchise has ever "owned".

To all others who think that because he has never won a trophy of any kind, (other than the Calder), he will be taking less money to play in Toronto.... Give your head a good solid shake. 12.75 Minimum! Add Marner's potential 95+ point season to that.... and add another 10+. Just food for thought. That is all that it is.

My guesses right now.... 

Matthews long term 14 x 8.
Marner long term 10.5 x 8. 

Honest and realistic guesses at this point.
Thanks given by:
IF.... The Leafs want Marner and Matthews at lower numbers as far as AAV goes... the term will be a lot shorter. So... basically walking then right into UFA status. Which is what I think both of them would prefer anyways.
Thanks given by:
Marner at 9.5
Matthew's at 11.5

Both on 7 yr deals get it done dubas
Thanks given by:
You guys are nuts.

The leafs would trade Marleau/nylander/kadri and any other player on their roster not named Andersen or Rielly before trading Matthews/Marner.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 08:38 PM)Sportking Wrote: Marner at 9.5
Matthew's at 11.5

Both on 7 yr deals get it done dubas

100% NO CHANCE that happens. NO CHANCE!!!

Go up a lot on both.
Thanks given by:
Marner at 9.5
Matthew's at 11.5

Both on four year deals.... walking them both not UFA status.... No problem believing that both would jump all over that. That would be absolutely stupid from a Leafs perspective.
Thanks given by: