Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 years, AAV of 2.6million.
Thanks given by: bchippie
That's good
Thanks given by:
I like it. Short, cheap deal for a dependable player who can hold down the fort until some of our young reinforcements are ready. Part of me feels like there is still some untapped upside in Armia but that may just be wishful thinking. There are flashes though of him being more than just a bull along the boards...

Still, good, reasonable deal.
Thanks given by:
Best 'behind the goal-line in the far corner' PP guy in the NHL.

#btn
Thanks given by:
As was expected. Keeps the Finnish contingent together until KK has finished the teething process and doesn't need the National crutch of his childhood hero as much Wink

I think it's a fair deal, but WTF do I know.

3M for 2 years for Lehkonen on a show me contract that will define his future role?
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Well, it is good for two years of Armia, but he comes out of it UFA. I think if MB really believed in the player, he would have gone longer.
Thanks given by:
I think Lehk's will be very similar to Armia's.
2 years @ 2.5-3.0
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:26 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: Well, it is good for two years of Armia, but he comes out of it UFA. I think if MB really believed in the player, he would have gone longer.

Or, maybe the player wanted to get the leverage beyond two years when he becomes an UFA, believing he will progress in between.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:26 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote: I think Lehk's will be very similar to Armia's.
2 years @ 2.5-3.0

I suspect the same as well.
Thanks given by:
2.6 for a 3rd line winger...yup. Byron is overpaid now compared to this...
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:54 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: 2.6 for a 3rd line winger...yup. Byron is overpaid now compared to this...

Except Byron as a third line player has scored 22goals/81games, 20g/82gm, and 15g/56 gm.
Armia over the same three years has 10g/57gm, 12g/79gm, and 13g/57 gm.

To paraphrase Kawhi, "Goal Man Gets Paid"
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:51 PM)mada7 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 01:26 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote: I think Lehk's will be very similar to Armia's.
2 years @ 2.5-3.0

I suspect the same as well.

So if both Lehks and Armia are soon signed to short term,"show me" contracts, should we count on 15-20 goals each from them?  Grin

Add Poehling and Suzuki, and do we start to see the scoring by committee that Scriptor's mentioned in posts past?

Don't see how it solves our PP woes, but I'll take more goals any way I can get them...
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by:
I like Armia so I'm happy.  He may not be as physical as his size might indicate, but he is tough on the puck and that's ben an area the Habs have ben very poor in recent years, losing most 1 on 1 puck battles.  It improved last year and Armia was part of it.  I hope Lehk gets signed for similar.  Guys like Armia and Lehk add a lot of value even if only getting 12-16 goals in a year
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 03:23 PM)kalevine Wrote: I like Armia so I'm happy.  He may not be as physical as his size might indicate, but he is tough on the puck and that's ben an area the Habs have ben very poor in recent years, losing most 1 on 1 puck battles.  It improved last year and Armia was part of it.  I hope Lehk gets signed for similar.  Guys like Armia and Lehk add a lot of value even if only getting 12-16 goals in a year

Agreed, and done!
Thanks given by:
Well I figured Armia would get 2 yr deal as he will be a UFA then. He hasnt shown to be the type of player thata u want to "pay up and buy a year of UFA".

I am 100% meh on him. I obviously did not appreciate him as much as management. I think they jumped the gun when they doubled his salary last yr to 1.85M. I didnt think he ended up really earning it. I personally tgoughr he was worth 2.25...figured he would get 2.5 cause we always over pay. But to me 350k more is not an issue. He is a 3rd line player and being paid as one. Hoping we see more O production this year. He has 2 yrs to up his value or he wont be doubling it in 2 yrs time.

Bottom line...him & Lehk for under $5M is perfect.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:54 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: 2.6 for a 3rd line winger...yup. Byron is overpaid now compared to this...

Dear lord pls dont tell me u didnt just compare the 2 players. From style of play to value to role on the team....they r so diff.

Bryon is a 2 line winger who is a proven 20g guy and great on PK

Armia has just completed his 3 full NHL season at 26 (so he ain't that great of a player), hasnt been healthy thru a full season and barely hits 10g. Armia is a 3rd line winger who can even end up on the 4th line on a deep team. Bryon should/would never see the 4th line.

DDO do u find it tiring looking for things to complain about the Habs on? 2.6 for a 3rd line player is very average unless u r a kid on an ELC.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 05:24 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

Dear lord pls dont tell me u didnt just compare the 2 players. From style of play to value to role on the team....they r so diff.

Armia has just completed his 3 full NHL season at 26 (so he ain't that great of a player), hasnt been healthy thru a full season and barely hits 10g. Armia is a 3rd line winger who can even end up on the 4th line on a deep team. Bryon should/would never see the 4th line.

DDO do u find it tiring looking for things to complain about the Habs on? 2.6 for a 3rd line player is very average unless u r a kid on an ELC.

Do you find it tiring trying to make another poster looking like a hater? What do you think "yup" means??? That I thought the signing sucks? Give me a break...
Thanks given by:
$4.8 in cap space left.
Burying Weise's contract give $1 mill in relief. Looking at the roster overall, it's simply not that impressive.
Loads of 3rd and 4th liner types.
This summer, I give Bergy an E for effort.
How many of these guys are going to Laval?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canadiens
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 05:53 PM)Cal Wrote: $4.8 in cap space left.
Burying Weise's contract give $1 mill in relief. Looking at the roster overall, it's simply not that impressive.
Loads of 3rd and 4th liner types.
This summer, I give Bergy an E for effort.
How many of these guys are going to Laval?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canadiens

Let's talk again in September about that. At least, we'll really know what we're biatching about.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 05:43 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 05:24 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

Do you find it tiring trying to make another poster looking like a hater? What do you think "yup" means??? That I thought the signing sucks? Give me a break...

I have a secret hope.

That both Armia and Lehks are good for 20 goals a year, consistently, starting this year.

Hey, Byron got picked up off the scrap pile in his mid 20's, and is good for 20+ per season pace regularly....

IF Domi and Drouin improve, and Poehling and Suzuki make the team and add some goals, maybe CJ will play run and gun all year!

Roll four lines and skate the pants off the opposition.  

What the hell, it's summertime, no reality to kill the mood yet, so let's enjoy it!
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by: