Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Open
Andy Murray gone. Novak Dkokovic gone. This might be Roger's best chance of winning another Slam.

One semifinal matchup already set:

Federer vs Wawrinka 

Nadal vs Raonic tonight. Should be a good match.

Thanks given by:
Awesome - do we know what time the match is with the crazy time change?

EDIT: 3:30 am (Eastern) - I wish that was mountain time as I'd be able to catch part of it at the gym but it'll probably be over by 5 mountain.
Thanks given by:
Interesting. I get up at 5 for work, maybe I'll get up at 430 and catch some of the match. Likely won't be over by the time I leave at 535-540 though.
Thanks given by:
Milos lost in straight sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Like i said before, Raonic is fundamentally one-dimensional, take away his serve and he doesn't really have a plan B.

Nadal is not the same player that he once was but he still beat Raonic pretty easily.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-25, 12:15 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Like i said before, Raonic is fundamentally one-dimensional, take away his serve and he doesn't really have a plan B.

Nadal is not the same player that he once was but he still beat Raonic pretty easily.

I wouldn't say easily. 2 breaks was the difference really.

I fully expected Nadal to win, but I am disappointed Raonic couldn't take at least a set. The 2nd set OT tiebreaker was killer.
Thanks given by:
Great match between Nadal and Dimitriv right now.

5th set and Nadal down 4-3 (on serve) saved two break points to come back and win the game.

On serve 4-4 in set 5.

Thanks given by:
Everyone gets their dream final of Federer vs Nadal. I'd like to say this will probably be the last time these two meet in a GS final, but I think this could be a weird year for tennis, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened again.

They are both playing very good tennis, and though Nadal has the H2H lead, I think Federer is playing at a slightly higher level. It's worth it to note that Federer has an extra day of rest and Nadal will be recovering from a 5 set match.

I'll take Federer in 5
Thanks given by:
Hope the Fed Express is able to pull it off!! Gonna be retro Saturday and Sunday in the finals with Williams vs Williams and Fed vs Rafa. Just like the mid 2000's haha
Thanks given by:
It's pretty nutty that between the men's and women's finals, Rafa is the youngest by 5 years lol
Thanks given by:
Can't wait for this Federer/Nadal match. This is a dream final.

Thanks given by:
Holy moly, what a 5 setter in the final between Fed Express and Rafa. Not quite as memorable as the Wimbledon 5 setter final when Rafa won, but this was pretty good. Fed down a break in 5th and still pulls it off!!
Thanks given by:
It's great Serena Williams and Federer won but it just demonstrates the lack of talent in tennis at the younger levels. I can't think of one potentially dominant player under the age of 23 in either area.
Thanks given by:
From twitter, it looks like I missed a hell of a men's final. I should have got up early. Lazy Pouzar!

Thanks given by:
It was a great match. Congrats to Roger! What a story!
Thanks given by:
And that's why he's the greatest of all time.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-29, 09:06 AM)duediligence Wrote: It's great Serena Williams and Federer won but it just demonstrates the lack of talent in tennis at the younger levels. I can't think of one  potentially dominant player under the age of 23 in either area.

I think Alex Zverev is the one to watch in men's tennis.

Thanks given by:
Elated that Roger won another one - at 35!
Also means Nadal will probably never catch him now - "justice!"
(No way Nadal is as good as Pistol Pete)

Milos? I'm losing confidence in his ever winning a major.
Maybe no killer instinct, too injury-prone and too one-dimensional...

Serena? Chalk her up to that list of great athletes with an assholish temper.
Just in tennis: Her, McEnroe, Roddick, Safin, Nastasie, Jeff Tarango...
But we can blame it all on all those hormones and PED's she ingests, right? Wink

Genie: as Paul Simon sang: "The problem is all inside your head, she said to me..." Sad
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
Shap just self destructed against Tsonga in the 2nd round. 5th set, up 5-2, loses 7-5.
Thanks given by:
All the Canadians are out.

I don't think Raonic was ready to play. He was likely just trying to salvage as many points as he could, seeing as he was defending QF points. If Raonic can get healthy, he may not be an elite slam contender but he is a quality top 10-15 player. Hopefully he can get there this season.

Shapovalov was stuck with a really tough draw. A win over Tsonga would have been really nice. It would have been a big ask for him to beat Tsonga, Kyrgios, and Dimitrov in a row. Oh well, he's definitely a legitimate player. I think he's going to win his first ATP level title this season.
Thanks given by: