Avicii dead at 28
If you like his stuff...FYI
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
RIP Tim, one of the best DJ's around

28 years old
Estimated net worth between $85 - $95 million
Thanks given by:
Not a huge fan of the genre, but the dude made his mark a mile wide on the music industry.

Gone far, FAR too soon.

RIP
Thanks given by:
Not a huge fan but enjoy a few songs

od?
Thanks given by:
Sad.

And I don’t think so Bong. I recall him being clean a few years ago. That may have changed though.

He did quit touring for health reasons.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, I've never heard the name before, but sad to see a successful musician cut down in what appears to be the prime of his career.
Thanks given by:

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by:
If Avicii were buried, he'd be 'spinning' in his grave.
Thanks given by: Fritz
June Foray? Bob Roberston? Zarly Zalapski?

They are more worthy of RIP threads that Avicii?

I don't know if I've seen a more assholish thing on these boards than you coming in to this thread to talk about how this guy doesn't deserve a thread because you've made that determination based on your evaluation of his talents.
Thanks given by:
Talking about who does and doesn't deserve a 'RIP' thread is pretty ridiculous, but let's not confuse Avicii for being a nobody lol. 

Just because a 40 year old man who doesn't keep up with pop culture trends doesn't know who Avicii is, doesn't make him a nobody. 

Avicii has some of the most popular songs over the last few years:

You may not have heard or like that music, but all you have to do is look at the number of views they have. Avicii is big time. 

RIP
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
He was so popular & so in demand that he had to stop touring for health reasons.
He sold out soccer arenas when he did tour.   How many 'mainstream' musicians can say that?   Let alone while in their 20's.

He wore many hats too,   he mixed,  produced,  played piano and...... wait for it,    the guitar too!
Not liking EDM is fine,   but this is what is popular today,   hell I listen to it & I'm in my 40's.
He had about the most successful 7 - 8 year span in recent memory.   Who knows what he could've become if he lived longer.   I suspect he'll become even more popular now like other young musicians who died too young
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2018-04-21, 10:45 AM)CTS Wrote: He was so popular & so in demand that he had to stop touring for health reasons.
He sold out soccer arenas when he did tour.   How many 'mainstream' musicians can say that?   Let alone while in their 20's.

He wore many hats too,   he mixed,  produced,  played piano and...... wait for it,    the guitar too!
Not liking EDM is fine,   but this is what is popular today,   hell I listen to it & I'm in my 40's.
He had about the most successful 7 - 8 year span in recent memory.   Who knows what he could've become if he lived longer.   I suspect he'll become even more popular now like other young musicians who died too young

Like I said in my first post, I didn't know him by name, either, but I read an article on the story and learned this DJ was incredibly influential in his genre, very successful, and unfortunately, very young with a long career ahead of him.

He'll move into that select group of young musicians that died way too young, like Hendrix, Morrisson, Cobain, Buckley, ect...
Thanks given by:
Rip, was never a big EDM guy but recognize what he did for the genre. Had a chance to see him in 2012 at Escapade in Ottawa but cheaped out.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Sadly, as soon as I saw this thread balloon to three pages in a short period of time, I knew we had a jack ass involved in what should have been a respectful memorial thread for a supremely talented artist who died well before his time.

I am not a fan of the genre, but suggesting "they just play on computers and I could do what they do if I felt like it" is no less ignorant and incorrect than suggesting you could win the Masters if you golfed more.
Thanks given by:
Man RIP Avicii. He was one of the first artists i listened to in the EDM genre. Taken too soon. RIP.

Thanks given by:
Don't know him, never heard of him...but damn, losing your life at 28 is tragic.
Thanks given by:
just 1 year off the 27 club

https://www.upvenue.com/music-news/blog-...s-old.html
Thanks given by:
https://www.spin.com/2018/04/steve-aoki-...ii-listen/

His peers discuss his legacy. Didn't know he was such a pioneer in EDM. I always thought it was Aoki and Kaskade at the forefront.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Why did 3 pages get deleted?
Thanks given by:
Because of a POS who doesn't know when to stfu.
Thanks given by: