Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awards
(2018-11-13, 05:03 PM)Chris D Wrote: Andujar lead rookies in runs, hits, rbi's, doubles, HRs, SLG, and OPS...

But he didn't pitch 50 innings....so...

So the guy who had 239 more PA's had better counting stats. Whoa. Stop the presses lol.

And I dont know what numbers you are looking at but Andujar absolutely did not lead in SLG or OPS. Not even close.

[Image: 9FfGfNR.jpg]

I also love how you just casually dismiss Ohtani's 50 IP as if he isnt THE ONLY PERSON TO ACCOMPLISH IT IN 100 YEARS! 

lol.
Thanks given by:
To be honest...didn't look at the stats for myself...saw it in a meme from someone who was ticked Andujar got snubbed...thought it was funny.

And yes...counting stats are important too. Can't dismiss them because the other guy missed more than a third of the season. If you didn't lead in HRs, you can't say "well I would have led if I played more games".

Otherwise, should just give it to Ohearn Happy
Thanks given by:
Counting stats dont tell you much though as nobody plays the same amount if games. thats the point.

I mean by that logic Phil Niekro is better than Pedro.

I really don't get how anyonr other than a yankees homer could be mad Ohtani won.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-13, 07:28 PM)Chris D Wrote: To be honest...didn't look at the stats for myself...saw it in a meme from someone who was ticked Andujar got snubbed...thought it was funny.

And yes...counting stats are important too.  Can't dismiss them because the other guy missed more than a third of the season.  If you didn't lead in HRs, you can't say "well I would have led if I played more games".

Otherwise, should just give it to Ohearn Happy

You've gotta understand though,  Andrew knows more about everything than everybody.

Just ask him,  he'll tell you Grin
Thanks given by:
I mean, I do know more about baseball than most people because i follow it more and study it more. That is how knowledge and learning works. I'm sure he knows more about hockey than me for the same reason. Someone who took highschool physics does not know as much as someone with a PhD in physics. If you wanted to know how to build a bridge would you talk to an engineer or some guy who just really like bridges? Lol.

I like how you imply im the crazy egotistixal know-it-all when you refuse to even entertain the idea that people who study something more than you might actually know more about it than you.  

It's absolutely not surprising though. It is basically your entire existence here.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-14, 01:51 AM)Andrew Wrote: I mean, I do know more about baseball than most people because i follow it more and study it more. That is how knowledge and learning works. I'm sure he knows more about hockey than me for the same reason. Someone who took highschool physics does not know as much as someone with a PhD in physics. If you wanted to know how to build a bridge would you talk to an engineer or some guy who just really like bridges? Lol.

I like how you imply im the crazy egotistixal know-it-all when you refuse to even entertain the idea that people who study something more than you might actually know more about it than you.  

It's absolutely not surprising though. It is basically your entire existence here.

He literally tried to make fun of you for having knowledge...
It's astounding. 
What's next - making fun of Brad Pitt for being good looking? Or for me for having all my own teeth?
CTS, I hope you never stop your pursuit for rock-bottom. It's hilarious.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-13, 05:03 PM)Chris D Wrote: Andujar lead rookies in runs, hits, rbi's, doubles, HRs, SLG, and OPS...

But he didn't pitch 50 innings....so...

This shouldn't even be a debate.

Ohtani is the first player since BABE RUTH to pitch more than 50 innings and hit 20+ homeruns.

Thanks given by:
DeGrom wins the Cy.

29 out of 30 first place votes.

Snell in the AL...barely bearing out Verlander.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-cy-young-a...-300724470

DeGrom wins the Cy with the fewest wins ever for a Cy winning starter

Snell wins with the fewest innings pitched for a Cy winning starter in a non strike shortened season.
Thanks given by:
Very deserving winners. Anyone besides DeGrom in the NL would've been a crime
Thanks given by:
I think any of the 3 in the NL would have been deserving, and it wouldn't be robbery had either of them won.

Certainly didn't think it would be almost unanimous in their voting.
Thanks given by:
Hear that? Its the sound of the last nail being hammered into the coffin of pitcher wins.  Cool
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-14, 10:19 PM)Andrew Wrote: Hear that? Its the sound of the last nail being hammered into the coffin of pitcher wins.  Cool

Kind of surprising it took this long, along with a historically great season to make it happen.
Thanks given by:
In all honesty its been dead for around a decade. Multiple guys have won the Cy with 15-16 wins in that time. This was just the formal pulling of the plug.
Thanks given by:
https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-bbwaa-mvp-...-300774262

Betts and Yelich take MVP honors...

No surprises there.

The real surprise, was in the voting...Trout had 1 first place vote, and actually had people give him a 4th and two 5th place votes....3 people believed he wasn't in the top 3!!!

JD Martinez had the other first place vote.

Yelich was nearly unanimous, getting 29 first place votes, and the other first place vote went to DEGROM, who finished 5th.

Voters are weird.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-16, 02:49 AM)Chris D Wrote: Voters are weird.

Donald says hi. Wink
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit surprised that Jon Morosi was one of the two voters that put Mike Trout 5th.

I'm less surprised that Gerry Fraley also had him 5th considering he's from Texas and this is his Twitter photo:

[Image: Ux8MEqe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol

Thanks given by:
Morosi got crushed on twitter over his Trout placing. Deservedly so. That was just ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Im not sure what is worse. Putting Trout 5th or a DH third.

That is such an awful ballot he should legitimately lose his vote.
Thanks given by: