Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad goaltending
not sold on the goaltending..in the previous round pekka renne self discructed..

Every goalie let's in goals, but this guy is letting in a few softies..I an leaf fan.. but I do like the jets..love the way they play the game..
He should have had the 2nd and third goal..
Thanks given by:
CH is in his first NHL playoff. With the critical errors the Jets are making in front of him, it's not a surprise that he's looking bad. His D, especially Big Buff, has to start taking less chances if they want to beat Vegas.
Thanks given by:
Imo the jets lost because the other goalie played amazing..
Yes there will be mistakes d men make on all teams from time to time. CH the goalie for the jets let in a few too many softies along with ill timed goals.
Hey like I said I am a leaf fan
. But I also like the jets they have a very good team and I love 5he way they play the game..not sold on their goaltending..
Thanks given by:
Truth is: Vegas is just so damned good. I cannot help but like that team. Lunch bucket blue collar team and nobody is going to stop them. Jets made 3-4 mistakes, and big Buff took a bad deuce in the first p. Kelly Sutherland did a bit of a number on you too. We hate him still, in Vancouver

Jets had a good run. Enjoy the rest of the summer
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
No disrespect to Connor Hellebuyck, who played as well as any goalie this season & his a big a reason why the Jets advanced as far as they did...but I just wish he'd take a slice of humble pie & stop sounding so 'salty' talking about 'lucky bounces' & how Vegas 'got lucky'. I get it, he flat out refuses to admit his shortcomings in goal because apparently he still doesn't want to make himself look 'weak' or admit to any weakness in front of his teammates or something...dude, the season is OVAH now, you can stop it with that act of yours. Just admit that a few of those goals you allowed were 'soft' & not just because Vegas got a few 'lucky bounces' like you keep saying. Guess what, your team got PLENTY of lucky bounces against the Preds & not once did you guys wince about it...! Funny how it's OK when those 'lucky bounces' go your way but then they go against you, you're crying a river about it.

It's like there's this attitude on the team that Vegas shouldn't have beat them at all; like they won Game 1 & they figured 'we can't be beat by this fluke Vegas team'...then they get rolled over & lose the next 4 games. Yeah...I guess they're still shell-shocked by how they lost the series. Newsflash: every team loses in some way, shape or form. Instead of crying salty tears about it for the rest of the offseason, how 'bout kick back, remember what you did accomplish, which was a lot considering this is the farthest any Winnipeg-based team has ever gotten, and they have every reason to believe they can make another run at it in the next few years. The Jets should expect to enter next season again as one of the 'heavies' in the Western conference. They proved they can hang with the Preds that's for sure. I mean...that 7-game tilt they had should or could serve as a starting point for a neat little rivalry between the two divisional opponents going forward. Might even see another playoff series between the two in the very near future. I'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't mind seeing another 7-game series between the Jets & Preds again soon Happy
Thanks given by:
All good points.the fact of the matter is the jets are a good team.. no doubt..having said that their goalie let in too many soft goals..he is average goalie..the preds goalie self destructed like I mentioned before.that is the main reason they lost game 7..bottom line jets need a better goalie..only my opinion..
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-22, 04:27 PM)ckendall Wrote: No disrespect to Connor Hellebuyck, who played as well as any goalie this season & his a big a reason why the Jets advanced as far as they did...but I just wish he'd take a slice of humble pie & stop sounding so 'salty' talking about 'lucky bounces' & how Vegas 'got lucky'. I get it, he flat out refuses to admit his shortcomings in goal because apparently he still doesn't want to make himself look 'weak' or admit to any weakness in front of his teammates or something...dude, the season is OVAH now, you can stop it with that act of yours. Just admit that a few of those goals you allowed were 'soft' & not just because Vegas got a few 'lucky bounces' like you keep saying. Guess what, your team got PLENTY of lucky bounces against the Preds & not once did you guys wince about it...! Funny how it's OK when those 'lucky bounces' go your way but then they go against you, you're crying a river about it.

It's like there's this attitude on the team that Vegas shouldn't have beat them at all; like they won Game 1 & they figured 'we can't be beat by this fluke Vegas team'...then they get rolled over & lose the next 4 games. Yeah...I guess they're still shell-shocked by how they lost the series. Newsflash: every team loses in some way, shape or form. Instead of crying salty tears about it for the rest of the offseason, how 'bout kick back, remember what you did accomplish, which was a lot considering this is the farthest any Winnipeg-based team has ever gotten, and they have every reason to believe they can make another run at it in the next few years. The Jets should expect to enter next season again as one of the 'heavies' in the Western conference. They proved they can hang with the Preds that's for sure. I mean...that 7-game tilt they had should or could serve as a starting point for a neat little rivalry between the two divisional opponents going forward. Might even see another playoff series between the two in the very near future. I'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't mind seeing another 7-game series between the Jets & Preds again soon  Happy

I disagree with your reasoning here. Helly is a team guy, and the reality is, his team failed him by coughing up the puck so often in critical areas costing goals. He's quite literally taking the blame off of his team and saying it was just bad puck luck. 

And you may want to look up that statement about how far Winnipeg got. Wink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Victorias
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-23, 09:30 AM)theDC Wrote:
(2018-05-22, 04:27 PM)ckendall Wrote: No disrespect to Connor Hellebuyck, who played as well as any goalie this season & his a big a reason why the Jets advanced as far as they did...but I just wish he'd take a slice of humble pie & stop sounding so 'salty' talking about 'lucky bounces' & how Vegas 'got lucky'. I get it, he flat out refuses to admit his shortcomings in goal because apparently he still doesn't want to make himself look 'weak' or admit to any weakness in front of his teammates or something...dude, the season is OVAH now, you can stop it with that act of yours. Just admit that a few of those goals you allowed were 'soft' & not just because Vegas got a few 'lucky bounces' like you keep saying. Guess what, your team got PLENTY of lucky bounces against the Preds & not once did you guys wince about it...! Funny how it's OK when those 'lucky bounces' go your way but then they go against you, you're crying a river about it.

It's like there's this attitude on the team that Vegas shouldn't have beat them at all; like they won Game 1 & they figured 'we can't be beat by this fluke Vegas team'...then they get rolled over & lose the next 4 games. Yeah...I guess they're still shell-shocked by how they lost the series. Newsflash: every team loses in some way, shape or form. Instead of crying salty tears about it for the rest of the offseason, how 'bout kick back, remember what you did accomplish, which was a lot considering this is the farthest any Winnipeg-based team has ever gotten, and they have every reason to believe they can make another run at it in the next few years. The Jets should expect to enter next season again as one of the 'heavies' in the Western conference. They proved they can hang with the Preds that's for sure. I mean...that 7-game tilt they had should or could serve as a starting point for a neat little rivalry between the two divisional opponents going forward. Might even see another playoff series between the two in the very near future. I'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't mind seeing another 7-game series between the Jets & Preds again soon  Happy

I disagree with your reasoning here. Helly is a team guy, and the reality is, his team failed him by coughing up the puck so often in critical areas costing goals. He's quite literally taking the blame off of his team and saying it was just bad puck luck. 

One of the defining moments of the series was a result of the puck he served up on a silver platter. 

He was outplayed and made timely mistakes.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-24, 05:32 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-05-23, 09:30 AM)theDC Wrote:

One of the defining moments of the series was a result of the puck he served up on a silver platter. 

He was outplayed and made timely mistakes.

One play defined his whole series? How many times did the Jets d fire up a puck through the middle only to be turned over? Or how many times did the Jets clear the zone only to cough it up and give up a breakaway or 2-1? He's hardly to be blamed for any but 1 goal here... 

He was outplayed no denying that (I'd argue Fleury made more mistakes in Game 1 than Helly did all series, he just happened to go 4 games after that without making a mistake), and made A SINGLE mistake, singular, not plural. His team didn't help him out as much as they could have/should have. And coach Maurice made no adjustments to help him either...

The last guy on the ice I'm blaming for the Jets loss is Helly, and he's standing up for his team saying they are better than Vegas, they just didn't get the puck luck needed in this series and Vegas did.
Thanks given by: