Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barely 24 hrs after Kevin Hart announced to host Oscar's he steps down.
Some homophobic tweets came up today and Kevin Hart has stepped down from being the 2019 Oscar's host.

The tweets were from 2011-12. Some were deleted.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/entertainment/kevin-hart-oscars-step-down/index.html
cfl
Thanks given by:
I guess comedians won’t be hosting awards shows much anymore. I’m sure you could find an unsavoury joke in almost any comics history.
Thanks given by:
Just another reminder that the shit you put on social media is there forever. If it's tied to your name then it's easily found by anyone who wants to look you up.

Anything you say can and will be used against you and all that.
Thanks given by:
Yet the Academy and the actors will give a convicted paedophile a standing ovation
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 09:14 AM)WTTM Wrote: Yet the Academy and the actors will give a convicted paedophile a standing ovation

we live in a cynical, cynical world.  - Jerry Maguire.
cfl
Thanks given by:
all awards shows are nonsense and he's a zero talent prick, I loved when security told him to piss off at the superbowl
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by:
I love that Hart refused to apologize twice for this.   People don't really care about this.  It's the media.   They're a bunch of pariahs trying to get clicks.

He's a comedian who makes a living by being edgy.   No one is actually offended by Kevin Hart.   The media is telling us we SHOULD be offended & the gullible,  easy to brain wash crowd who can't think for themselves eat it up

Nothing to see here. Also F*** CNN. Try reading this non story on a normal non biased news site & you can likely decide for yourself that this is a nothing story
Thanks given by:
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by: Fritz , Fritz , theDC
https://people.com/movies/nick-cannon-de...a-handler/

Nick Cannon brings up how Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler have posted homophobic slurs in the past and raises the question on whether they should be held accountable as well. Interesting given that Silverman is fine with being held accountable but Cannon does have a point. Regardless of your stance on past tweets or whatever, being consistent with who you select is important imo
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 03:59 AM)CTS Wrote: I love that Hart refused to apologize twice for this.   People don't really care about this.  It's the media.   They're a bunch of pariahs trying to get clicks.

He's a comedian who makes a living by being edgy.   No one is actually offended by Kevin Hart.   The media is telling us we SHOULD be offended & the gullible,  easy to brain wash crowd who can't think for themselves eat it up

Nothing to see here.  Also F*** CNN.    Try reading this non story on a normal non biased  news site & you can likely decide for yourself that this is a nothing story

Yes Donald

Icon_rolleyes
cfl
Thanks given by:
Good luck finding a great comedian that has never said anything offensive in their lives.

That said, I am not a fan of Hart or the Oscars, so I don't really give much of a shit either way.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 08:59 PM)bicboi Wrote: https://people.com/movies/nick-cannon-de...a-handler/

Nick Cannon brings up how Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler have posted homophobic slurs in the past and raises the question on whether they should be held accountable as well. Interesting given that Silverman is fine with being held accountable but Cannon does have a point. Regardless of your stance on past tweets or whatever, being consistent with who you select is important imo

That’s the difference - it’s not about punishing people for what they said 10 - 15 years ago. The fact that Silverman, who was one of the best offensive comedians on the game, says she sees those jokes in a new light, not only shows her growth  as a person and an artist, it takes the sting out of her jokes. Kevin Hart has had many opportunities to right a wrong, but instead chose to double down on a shitty joke that wasn’t even quality to begin with. We live in a world where hate crimes against the gay community are, sadly, still common. Brazil just voted in a leader who said he rather his own son die than be gay ffs. Hart had a chance to do some good here but instead, just like his comedy, he took the easy uninspired root.
Thanks given by:
Comedians shouldn’t have to issue disclaimers with every joke they make.

I can go watch Book of Mormon, laugh at the gay jokes, and know that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are not pushing an anti-gay agenda. I don’t need them to tell me what their beliefs are. I can laugh at the AIDS and Africa jokes and know that they are not trying to repress an entire continents population.

I have no idea what Kevin Hart said and I don’t care. I don’t find him funny, neither his stand up nor his movies. Having said that, I do not expect him to issue a statement every time a joke is distasteful or crosses a line, to ensure us all that he doesn’t mean it.

Glenn Greenwald, the deeply respected journalist and activist who happens to be gay, has said that this is getting ridiculous. He has defended people who have posted homophobic things on social media, stating it is ridiculous to judge people now for what they have said in the past. People say and do stupid things. Society needs to stop demanding remorse and rectification every time something ignorant from a persons past is found.
Thanks given by:
Who said it has to be an apology?

Comedians aren’t immune to criticism. Being a comedian doesn’t absolve them from what they say. They can attempt any joke they want. They should also be prepared to be held accountable for it.
Thanks given by:
What are we demanding accountability for?
Thanks given by:
How does this work anyway?  Are there just anonymous groups of vindictive, self-righteous losers trolling the internet, waiting for big moments in a celebrity careers so they can dramatically tear them down with 3-year-old Tweets?  

Who are these flawless souls that have never said anything offensive in their lives, or never held an unpopular opinion?  

I think this PC rage culture is becoming a magnet for narcissistic, jaded, humorless assholes that want to make themselves feel important by tearing down the careers of individuals more successful than themselves, all from the safe confines of their computers where they can never be judged for the shitty things they do in their own lives.  It's ***** pathetic
Thanks given by: Sportking
The funniest part of is that its not even a tweet. Its literally part of his act from 5ish years ago. He has a whole bit about being afraid his son is gay and making fun of it. Anyone who is acting surprised by this is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-09, 06:14 PM)Andrew Wrote: The funniest part of is that its not even a tweet. Its literally part of his act from 5ish years ago. He has a whole bit about being afraid his son is gay and making fun of it. Anyone who is acting surprised by this is an idiot.
A SNL skit was also the catalyst for the Baby its cold outside ban.

People really need to not take comedy too seriously.

At the same time, people and companies really need to stop giving these clowns a circus. Let them perform for nobody and they'll go away.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-09, 03:10 PM)Fritz Wrote: How does this work anyway?  Are there just anonymous groups of vindictive, self-righteous losers trolling the internet, waiting for big moments in a celebrity careers so they can dramatically tear them down with 3-year-old Tweets?  

I think the answer to this question is, yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-09, 07:11 PM)Plummer Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 06:14 PM)Andrew Wrote: The funniest part of is that its not even a tweet. Its literally part of his act from 5ish years ago. He has a whole bit about being afraid his son is gay and making fun of it. Anyone who is acting surprised by this is an idiot.

A SNL skit was also the catalyst for the Baby its cold outside ban.

Meh that has actually been around for close to a decade.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...9aceb4e5fd
Thanks given by: