Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basketball final minutes
Just watched the Raptors beat Charlotte tonight.  I can’t believe how long they can stretch out the final minute of a game.  The last 25 seconds of this game took 11 minutes to play and the last 4.9 seconds took 5 minutes.  I always thought football was the worst for this but apparently not.
Thanks given by:
Was a sloppy ending, lasted longer than it should've. But yeah, that's close basketball between 2 teams lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-04, 08:33 PM)GloryYrs70s Wrote: Just watched the Raptors beat Charlotte tonight.  I can’t believe how long they can stretch out the final minute of a game.  The last 25 seconds of this game took 11 minutes to play and the last 4.9 seconds took 5 minutes.  I always thought football was the worst for this but apparently not.

I like hockey more because the ending is usually fast paced and exciting, while in basketball it slows down to draw up key plays. When a clutch game-winning shot is made however it's always a great moment.
Thanks given by:
Just wait till playoffs. The last 2 minutes of a close NBA game takes half an hour
Thanks given by:
The NBA was once great on the late 80's early 90's its now unwatchable
Thanks given by:
I don't love that the last few minutes of a close game can take a while, but it does highlight how good some coaches are in after timeout plays, which is something I like to watch for.

I do understand why some people would find that it drags on though, especially when games are seemingly out of reach.
Thanks given by: