Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best falafels in town
(2018-08-10, 03:41 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 02:49 PM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 02:14 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: To be honest, Matar's is far from the best place to get Shawarma in Ottawa, it might be Mavids go to place but shawarma is really not their specialty. Honestly theres way too much shawarma in Ottawa and they're all kind of different in their own way, believe it or not I don't have a "best" place because I enjoy alot of them in different ways. If i had to pick one though I'd say the original Shawarma Palace on Rideau downtown is still the best.

Its true there is way to many..not sure what you think Matar's specialty is if its not Shawarma..they have salads, that meat on a stick..fried chicken..their #1 draw is the sandwich..

It could be now, since they have a full halal menu they used to be my go to place for fried chicken at one point, they've gone through too many changes though even at one point selling pizza (not sure if they still do) so it's possible they've put more focus on Shawarma now as I find places like that which have too many random selections on their menu end up losing their identity. I'm a fan of restaurants that specialize in a few dishes as opposed to trying to have everything.

Pizza..huh..don't think they have since I have been going there..I hear his fried chicken is good too..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 01:55 AM)FashionPolice Wrote:
(2018-08-08, 10:18 PM)bicboi Wrote: That place is a hidden gem. I've been there once and it was awesome. Friggin had to move out of Ottawa and was angry i didnt go here sooner. Owners are awesome as well!

I lived in Toronto before, but can't say I had falafels as good as these.

You into dosas? Again something I discovered in Ottawa. Wasn't really introduced into indian cuisine until I got here.

I've only enjoyed Dosa once (lol at a restaurant this past summer) but it was in the GTA. Meant to try Dosa Inc in Ottawa but never got around. Supposed to be one of the better food trucks out there
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 05:55 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-08-09, 01:55 AM)FashionPolice Wrote:
(2018-08-08, 10:18 PM)bicboi Wrote: That place is a hidden gem. I've been there once and it was awesome. Friggin had to move out of Ottawa and was angry i didnt go here sooner. Owners are awesome as well!

I lived in Toronto before, but can't say I had falafels as good as these.

You into dosas? Again something I discovered in Ottawa. Wasn't really introduced into indian cuisine until I got here.

I've only enjoyed Dosa once (lol at a restaurant this past summer)  but it was in the GTA. Meant to try Dosa Inc in Ottawa but never got around. Supposed to be one of the better food trucks out there

I just go to Ceylonta on Carling (personally, I like it better than coconut lagoon near St Laurent). You are in TO right? There should be plenty of options for you.
Thanks given by: