Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beware the Boogiemen - Game #46
There's the 1st line chipping in

Monahan into the empty net
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
Another PP for Calgary. Yandle is out. A match penalty?
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Another late goal. I hate that!
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: KNilsson14
OK Flames. End this!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Ya-hoooo!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-11, 11:35 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Another PP for Calgary. Yandle is out. A match penalty?

Yandle was sent off the ice but no penalty called. Makes no sense to me.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
Another sloppy game. The boys had better get this figured out soon or another Pittsburgh type game will be coming up.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
No doubt the boys are having to much fun scoring goals and they are picking up bad habits . In saying that we ar getting points . With the stupid 8 day layoff coming up we need to stock pile points . Really happy to see Fro get rewarded tonight . The guy is a pros pro and we are better with him then with out him on our team . Hopefully the off ice issues get solved because winning is fun Fro !
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , FlameFilosi4
The 2nd line carried things for the Flames offence. It's interesting to note that the team didnt get going until they swapped the first 2 D-pairs. Were they getting too complacent playing with their buddy? Just reacting instead of thinking? Whatever, it worked for both Gio and Brodie playing with a different partner.
That 9th goal really took the wind out of our sails. - J. Tortorella, Columbus
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Suity
It was more than that

1.  Mixing up the top 4 D
2.  Re-uniting the line that should have been broken up
3.  Early in the 2nd period, Kylington stepped up & threw his 1st career hit which got both teams more involved emotionally
Those Oiler fans are a Salty bunch...On a “Out of town score bored” thread I post an out of town score and get flamed...Hey did you guys know we only have 6 more wins the the very bad Oilers?? I know it 8 wins but give them a break Math is hard...Its 2 bad we are just not that good and are going to fall in the standings soon...
Thanks given by:
At least there will be a McCushion to soften the landing if we do fall that far!!
Thanks given by:
Steinnerd tweets:

David Rittich and Elias Lindholm both absent at practice this afternoon. Both got roughed up a little last night
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 01:42 PM)Reggie Wrote: Those Oiler fans are a Salty bunch...On a “Out of town score bored” thread I post an out of town score and get flamed...Hey did you guys know we only have 6 more wins the the very bad Oilers?? I know it 8 wins but give them a break Math is hard...Its 2 bad we are just not that good and are going to fall in the standings soon...

A.J . Is pretty funny  Silly
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 01:42 PM)Reggie Wrote: Those Oiler fans are a Salty bunch...On a “Out of town score bored” thread I post an out of town score and get flamed...Hey did you guys know we only have 6 more wins the the very bad Oilers?? I know it 8 wins but give them a break Math is hard...Its 2 bad we are just not that good and are going to fall in the standings soon...

If my math is right, and using an obtainable 95 points, to get a wild card spot, the Oilers will have to earn 50 points (95-45) out of their remaining 38 games (76 points up for grabs) and win about 66% (50/76) or 25 games of their remaining 38.

Using the same metric of 95 points, the Flames will have to earn 33 points (95-62) out of their remaining 36 games (72 points up for grabs) and win about 46% (33/72) or 16 games of their remaining 36.

Of course, 95 points might not do it which would make the odds worse. For fun, let's try 98 is the passing grade.

Edmonton - (98-45)=53, (53/76)=69.7%, 69.7% X 38 games=26.5 wins required.
Calgary - (98-62)=36, (36/72)=50.0%, 50% X 36 games = 18 wins required.

Strangers things have happened (witness our collapse after last year's mandated break), but I like our chances more than Edmontons.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: Ramtuf
This is a valiant attempt to predict the Oiler's play-off chances.., but let's look at the actual math that will prevent them from getting there:

Lucic        $6.0 million/year                    9 pts      -10
Russell      $4.0 million/year                    8 pts      uncountable shot-blocks, because he always allows the opposition to enter the zone

Chia Pet   $19.97 at your local Walmart
Thanks given by: Suity
[Image: RTkolIc.gif]
Thanks given by: Suity , Bully , Bully
Logic next door 
  Lose 8 of 10 ......trade McDummy 
  Play Florida , score a goal to tie it with 8 seconds .....boys what’s the score in the Ducks game . We can do this !  Silly
(2019-01-12, 03:34 PM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote: [Image: RTkolIc.gif]

I thought 24 horrors is what we experienced when Smith played!!
Thanks given by: Suity
Ahorros = savings Cool
Thanks given by: