Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bohemian Rhapsody
Ok, I'm super excited! 

Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare , Lagavulin
I have zero interest in Queen but Rami Malek is a fantastic actor, he'll hit this one out of the park.
Thanks given by: theDC , theDC , poppabyrd
I'm definitely watching this. As much as I hate that song, I'd be lying if I didn't belch it out along with everyone around me when it comes on. Should be a fun experience in the theatre
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I'll definitely see it. I love Queen.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
I’m in. 
I love music biography movies. Given the popularity of comic movies for our generation of cinema goers I would think they would start to make lots of music stories to target the same demographic. Production costs are much lower but they should get decent returns.  
Lots of dead stars to choose from.
Thanks given by:
I can't wait to see this. It's amazing how much he looks like Freddy Mercury once the 'stache is on.
Thanks given by:
He does look like him, minus the bug eyes! I've been reading a lot about Freddy before we went to Zanzibar a few months ago.

It's interesting how Tanzania is against homosexuals but has no problem profiting from Freddy Mercury's name & the Mercury house
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna play devils advocate here and say this is gonna be a flop. Perhaps not at the box office but I think it's gonna be pretty cookie cutter paint by numbers rock biography. I would have much preferred the Sasha Baron Cohen version we almost got a few years back. Singer is an awful director and his and Maliks tensions on set certainly didn't help the production. So yeah you heard it here first. This is gonna be a waste of great casting.
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
I even hate the name. Why not just title it "Freddie" or "Mercury" hell "Radio Ga Ga" would be a more apt name IMO
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
Has anybody seen it yet?
Thanks given by:
Saw it on Saturday.

Pro's
Great singing
Kept to the truth, including some awesome shout out's to things that are legend
The performance by Rami did a great job of capturing the pain
Mike Myers was great, sounded like Shrek though
The acting was quite good throughout, believable

Con's
PG13 film, meant they had to skip anything too real (injections, true sexual exploits-not the superficial that we saw)
Rami was a bit too jerky with his movements, Mercury was powerful in his movements and dance. A good effort, but lacked IMO
Thanks given by:
Mike Meyers is in a movie?? Well I'll be damned
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 12:58 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Mike Meyers is in a movie?? Well I'll be damned

Yup, a fun role, nothing too big. but memorable.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 11:21 AM)theDC Wrote: Saw it on Saturday.

Pro's
Great singing

Con's
PG13 film, meant they had to skip anything too real (injections, true sexual exploits-not the superficial that we saw)
Rami was a bit too jerky with his movements, Mercury was powerful in his movements and dance. A good effort, but lacked IMO

I listened to a review last night, that is what he said, they watered down his exploits to appeal to a wider audience..and he also said that the acting was excellent but he only looked a little like Freddy..the teeth were not right. I think I will still spring for the cash to see it on the big screen, the music alone would be worth it
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 01:17 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 12:58 PM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Mike Meyers is in a movie?? Well I'll be damned

Yup, a fun role, nothing too big. but memorable.

Yes, it was nice that they brought him on for a small part, with a little nod to Wayne's World.  That movie really did re-popularize that song in a pretty significant way,
Thanks given by:

Pro's
Great singing

Con's

I remember hearing about this project a long time ago, and the part of Mercury was going to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen, who I think would have been perfect.

But, Cohen had no interest in being a part of a watered-down, PG version of the movie, and was eventually recast.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 01:34 PM)Fritz Wrote:

Pro's
Great singing

Con's

I remember hearing about this project a long time ago, and the part of Mercury was going to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen, who I think would have been perfect.

But, Cohen had no interest in being a part of a watered-down, PG version of the movie, and was eventually recast.

I mentioned it to the group I was with, each of them said that he'd have been perfect. But, the PG version did kill a lot of what could have been. 

The teeth, yeah, the prosthetic was just a bit too much, and distracted as it didn't look natural. But, once you decided to look past it, it was fine.
Thanks given by:
The reviews were disappointing.

Keeping it PG-13 was really bizarre. Who thinks kids are remotely interested in Freddy Mercury? This should have been an honest, adult-focused biopic.
Thanks given by: FormalWare , MisterZ , MisterZ
(2018-11-05, 02:02 PM)Hieremias Wrote: The reviews were disappointing.

Keeping it PG-13 was really bizarre. Who thinks kids are remotely interested in Freddy Mercury? This should have been an honest, adult-focused biopic.

Agree..that would be the most interesting part of Freddy's life..to peek into some of the crazy things he did...I mean you can find a gazillion videos of his music..its the behind the scenes everyone wants to know..I am still going to go and see it..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
Freddie lived an R rated life, kinda silly to do a PG film.
Thanks given by: MisterZ