Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bohemian Rhapsody
(2018-11-05, 04:21 PM)zapzac Wrote: Freddie lived an R rated life, kinda silly to do a PG film.

I don't think it could be put better or any more succinctly than that.
Thanks given by:
I reckon this will be one of those films to spend an evening netflixing with some friends and horribly singing along.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 04:25 PM)bicboi Wrote: I reckon this will be one of those films to spend an evening netflixing with some friends and horribly singing along.

For the audio alone, you'll want theater sound
Thanks given by:
I watched it last night - it wasn't bad. It wasn't good as I had hoped but it wasn't a bad movie at all. The acting by the main character is amazing.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 02:02 PM)Hieremias Wrote: The reviews were disappointing.

Keeping it PG-13 was really bizarre. Who thinks kids are remotely interested in Freddy Mercury? 

Ratings arent about kids as much as its about mass appeal. 

There are lots of adults who, for one reason or another, probably would not go to an R-rated Freddie Mercury bio where he shoots heroin and has graphic sex but would go to a watered down one where all that stuff is filtered out.

Not that the ratings make a lick of sense anyway.
Thanks given by:
I thought it was pretty good. I liked the music at the end. good touch for the movie.
cfl
Thanks given by:
I also would have preferred an R rating, but that wasn't my biggest issue with the movie.  My biggest issue is how inaccurate it is.  In the movie, Queen breaks up and then reunites years later for the Live Aid concert in 1985.   In real life, that simply never happened. Queen released an albumn in 1984 and went on tour that year and into early 1985 before Live Aid.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-14, 12:21 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote: I also would have preferred an R rating, but that wasn't my biggest issue with the movie.  My biggest issue is how inaccurate it is.  In the movie, Queen breaks up and then reunites years later for the Live Aid concert in 1985.   In real life, that simply never happened. Queen released an albumn in 1984 and went on tour that year and into early 1985 before Live Aid.

Quite a lot of inaccuracies actually. How the members met, when We will rock you was released, little things like that.

However the music was great & the actors who played John Deacon and Brian May were dead ringers (the guy who played Roger Taylor looked nothing like him).

Could have easily been a three hour film if they wanted to cover everything as they missed a lot.
Thanks given by: