Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boucher Out
Quote:Patrick Roy is expected to interview for coach of the Ottawa Senators next week, according to the Ottawa Sun.

The 53-year-old was 130-92-24 in three seasons as coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Colorado Avalanche before resigning abruptly on Aug. 11, 2016.

Roy won the Jack Adams Award voted as the NHL coach of the year in his first season in 2013-14 after the Avalanche went 52-22-8 and finished first the Central Division.

He returned as coach and general manager of Quebec in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on April 26, 2018 and went 27-28-13 this season.

Ottawa (29-47-6) finished last in the NHL this season and fired coach Guy Boucher on March 1. He was replaced by Marc Crawford, who was 7-10-1 over the final 18 games.

The Senators have interviewed Crawford; Pittsburgh Penguins assistant Jacques Martin; Toronto Maple Leafs assistant D.J. Smith; Dallas Stars assistant Rick Bowness; Providence College coach Nate Leaman; and Troy Mann, coach of Belleville of the American Hockey League, according to the Sun.

I think it would be fun to have him as a coach, this market needs a shot in the ass to get it going again and I could see Roy being that firecracker that does.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ottawa-looking-...-307462024
Thanks given by:
I think he would be a good selection. He has coached and evaluated young players. He would bring a name and identity to a team severely lacking in both areas. He can take the focus and pressure off the team. He could be the perfect stop gap until the team turns the corner and becomes competitive.
Thanks given by:
For me it's between Roy and Martin at this point. Would love to have Martin back for some nostalgic reasons. Some of the best years for this team were under Martin.
Thanks given by:
I honestly don't think it matters. I can't see any coach getting past a certain point if Dorion isn't willing to acquire help and if Melnyk doesn't legit spend in a couple of years. It's hard to get excited for any coach given our management. Whomever we have, i hope they succeed
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
It could get chaotic but I think Patrick Roy would do good things with this young team in Ottawa. Bring it on.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by: