Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoxRec top 25 greatest boxers of all time
For the record I 100% disagree with this list.

Thanks given by:
It’s a shit list without Roy Jones JR or Tyson
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by: Canuxxx
Historically, most people would say Sugar Ray Robinson. But the best and most talented boxer I ever saw? Roy Jones Jr. hands down.

As for Mayweather and Pacquiao ranking. I think Pacquiao is top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5, if you look at all his accomplishments. He's the only 8 division champion in boxing history. We'll never see another 8 division champion in our lifetime. He's the true definition of a pound for pound boxer.

Mayweather? great boxer for sure. But not top 10 good. He ducked so many great boxers in his prime(Pacquiao, De La Hoya, Cotto etc). He hand picks his opponents and fights them when they're washed up.

Thanks given by:
what are these points they are being ranked by?

https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/BoxRe...escription

edit...after looking it up...its a pretty big formula they use, factoring in a bunch of different variables, like opponent ranking, time between fights, and a lot of other things. Kind of like WAR in baseball. Instead of looking at one thing like w-l total, it looks at pretty much everything.

You can subjectively disagree with the rankings...but its a pretty good assessment of things.
Thanks given by: