Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Murray just passed Sorry Sens fans
RIP,, sorrows to family, Sens and fans
Thanks given by:
As said in Hockey General condolences to his family and to all of Sens Army. He put up the good fight against stupid cancer!

http://www.tsn.ca/former-sens-coach-and-...4-1.828675
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by:
From a Leaf fan, this is devastating news. Murray was a class act, one of the most respectable guys in the game. He gave this fight everything he had. I'm very sad. Condolences to his family and Sens fans everywhere.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
Very sad news.
Hope the family and friends are enjoying his memories (as they are plentiful), to help ease this loss.
Thanks given by:
I have always had a great respect for Mr. Murray.

R.I.P.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Thanks given by:
R.I.P
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
I was never a big Brian Murray fan, but he was so well respected in the hockey fraternity, and community, there is no doubt he was good and decent man. My condolences to his family and friends, and the Sens fans that he has worked so hard for.

R.I.P.
Thanks given by:
Horrible thunder storm
Best friend leaving after a few days
Concussion pain
Seeing Nazi's march in the 21st century
Murray losing his fight to cancer

This day is just shit. All my thoughts and prayers are with his family, I hope they can get through this shitty period with as least amount of pain as possible. **** cancer.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
R.I.P Sad
 "It was me father, I killed the Dahlia" 

Thanks given by:
(2017-08-12, 03:17 PM)bicboi Wrote: Horrible thunder storm
Best friend leaving after a few days
Concussion pain
Seeing Nazi's march in the 21st century
Murray losing his fight to cancer

This day is just shit. All my thoughts and prayers are with his family, I hope they can get through this shitty period with as least amount of pain as possible. **** cancer.

Bic, you are among friends right now!
Thanks given by:
It's weird we knew this day would come but shit it is a total gut punch.

He was with the franchise for half its existence which is amazing. His legacy is complicated but he was a pillar

Rip
Thanks given by:
RIP Mr. Murray, thanks for your dedication to the organization. A tough day for the Sens family.
Thanks given by:
A sad day for sure.

RIP Bryan.
Thanks given by:
RIP Mr. Murray.

I'm not sure what to think of his legacy. A feisty coach, but a circumspect GM.
I thought of him as a stabilizing advisor to Melnyk's impulsiveness.
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-12, 09:00 PM)andreroy Wrote: It's weird we knew this day would come but shit it is a total gut punch.

He was with the franchise for half its existence which is amazing. His legacy is complicated but he was a pillar

Rip

And his time in Ottawa was only a fraction of his coach/GM career. He was really a giant in the hockey world who was liked and respected by everyone.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
I knew it was coming, but for some reason wasn't ready for it. Sad indeed. Seemed like a really nice man. RIP
Thanks given by:
RIP Bryan. Really sad that he's gone. You have to respect that he did his damndest to make everyone aware of his condition so it wouldn't happen to them. It's sad that early detection could have been done to avoid this!

As for his hockey legacy, legendary. I'll never forget the 07 run to the finals, and of course the Buffalo brawl. Seemed like a really nice guy all around.
Thanks given by:
This was sad news for all Senators fans to be sure. Hope his family have many wonderful memories to hold close during a terrible time in their lives.
A man with a great sense of humour, and a leader of men.
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by:
This likely explains why Alfie is not returning.

It was pretty clear that he was with the organization to work with and for Bryan Murray. It was Murray who repaired the relationship. I remember there was a quote from Alfie was that he was taking that opportunity because he didn't know if he'd get the chance to be with Murray ever again.
Thanks given by:
Meh, I'm not really too bummed that he won't come back.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: