Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Tennis
Raonic match now schedule for 9am mountain.
Thanks given by:
Awesome match going on between Federer and Anderson - Federer was up 2 sets to 0 but they are now 8-8 in the fifth set.

Raonic match will start after its done.
Thanks given by:
Anderson with a break to go up 12-11 in the fifth and will serve for the match - Wow.

Federer with the first double fault of the match at 30-30 in the break game.

Federer is currently 266-2 when winning the first two sets of a major.....
Thanks given by:
Anderson takes the 5th set 13-11 - Wow!

Go Milos!
Thanks given by:
Make that 266-3
Thanks given by:
Critical opening set victory for Raonic.
Thanks given by:
I left the office to head home so that I could ensure I got the World Cup game and the Raonic match on at the same time.

Its going to be a great afternoon - screw legal work.

Tie break in the second set.
Thanks given by:
No breaks and the first two sets go to tiebreaks - shocker!
Thanks given by:
Raonic loses set 2 in another tiebreak - both players missed some glorious opportunities to put it away and Isner finally did.
Thanks given by:
Isner with the first break of the match (in fact, the first break points of the match) to go up 3-2 in the third - time to break right back!
Thanks given by:
Raonic gets a break point opportunity in the 10th game but can't convert and drops the 2nd set 6-4.

Lets hope this is going 5!
Thanks given by:
Raonic broken a few times in the fourth set and is eliminated.
Thanks given by:
So one of John Isner or Kevin Anderson will be in the Wimbledon final lol

And Nadal is the 2nd youngest of the semi finalists.
Thanks given by:
So Raonic is hurt again eh? i'm shocked. Shocked.

Thanks given by:
This Isner/Anderson match is crazy.

Thanks given by:
It was pretty wild. Even though this Nadal/Djokovic match is likely to finish up tomorrow, I gotta think they still have a significant advantage over a guy that just played the third longest match in men's singles history.
Thanks given by:
That might be the match to get some momentum behind getting rid of the no 5th set tiebreaker rule. It was a pretty boring match from the part I saw of it. Break points were rare, and weren't converted on.

I figured the way the match was going, it favoured Anderson though. Anderson is a better returner and was the only one putting pressure (on the rare occasion) on the server when I was watching.

I can understand not wanting it to end at 7-6. Cap it at something though. 70-68, 26-24, that's stupid IMO. The guy is pretty much toast for his next match.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty excited about this kid.....i can't really spell his name....Felix Auger Allsiam. I think he's going to be the next big thing in Cdn tennis. I think he'd going to be better than Shapovalov.

Thanks given by:
FAA plays 267th ranked Viktor Galovic in the Round of 16 at the Swiss Open on Thursday. Galovic was actually a "lucky loser" in qualifying for this tournament, and then upset 38th ranked Robin Haase (his first ATP win of the season) to meet FAA.
Thanks given by:
Even last year when all the buzz was about Denis Shapovalov, a lot of tennis experts (including Brad Gilbert) still thought that FAA was the real prize in Canadian tennis. He's had a pretty good go at it the last few months playing on clay, and he's now seeing some WC invites into the 250 and 500 tournaments. Obviously he'll get a WC into the Rogers Cup too. He's made the jump up to being the 4th highest ranked Canadian, passing Polansky, and I'm guessing he'll pass Pospisil at some point next year. If Raonic can regain some consistency to his game and establish himself as a reliable top 20 player (which he is when healthy), Canada could be one of the elite tennis nations in the world.

Like thebest said, FAA is in the R16 against a beatable opponent, and then he likely gets Coric which would be tough. I expect him to take next week off for travel purposes and then he'll be playing his first tournament on hardcourt in Toronto the week after. I'm not expecting much from Toronto as he's pretty much only played clay the last few months and that could be a tough transition to make.
Thanks given by: