Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Tennis
Monte Carlo started.

Shapovalov lost in the first round, and it's a little bothersome because he was favoured and took the first set. He had a few mistakes in the second and he lost it, and then got blown out in the 3rd. I think his mental game needs a lot of work.

On the other hand, FAA won his opening match and is up against the younger Zverev, so he'll be tested early on. I think he can beat him though.
Thanks given by:
Felix was outplayed today by Zverev. He put up a good fight in the second set but Zverev looks like he's in top form, so he should be considered a favourite to win some titles on clay this season.
Thanks given by:
Shapovalov and Felix both lose fairly early in Barcelona.

Madrid, Rome, and Paris are next up.
Thanks given by:
Shap vs Felix today at 1 EST. Winner gets Nadal
Thanks given by:
Felix takes it in straights and gets Nadal next
Thanks given by:
Out of the 11 players remaining in Lyon, 3 are Canadian. Diez has had a nice month but he’s gonna be in tough to beat Tsonga. FAA and Shap both have great opportunities to deliver Canada’s first men’s singles title in a long while.
Thanks given by:
FAA hurt his groin during the semi-final in Lyon and fell in the final to Paire.
I hope he recovers quickly because 3 out of 5 sets at a Grand Slam is a completely different kettle of fish.
3 Canadians in top 25 at the French. Unheard of. Now, we hope for a good news story over the next 2 weeks.
Thanks given by:
Too bad, because a healthy Felix has a chance at a decent run. I think he beats Paire yesterday if he's healthy.

I don't like Shapovalov's chances at the French. He's been awful on clay this year and I won't be surprised if he loses to Struff in the first round.
Thanks given by: