Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Tennis
Disappointing to see him lose earlier this morning, but overall he had a very good run on clay. I'm not sure what tournaments he has planned for the fall season, but maybe he's got an outside shot at cracking the top 100 before the end of the year.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
That's too bad he couldn't bring it home after winning the first set. Actually won more points in the match (93-92) despite losing 3-6 6-4 6-2. 10 double faults is pretty ugly, allowing Gavlovic to win 69% of 2nd serves is bad too.

Turns 18 during the Rogers Cup next month.
Thanks given by:
Rogers Cup action starts today

I’ll be seeing the men tomorrow so hopefully the rain stays away!
Thanks given by:
Canadian Peter Polanksy wins his first round match, against a decent opponent in Matthew Ebden too, ranked 52nd in the world. Polansky is currently 121st, and has never been above 110th.

13th seed Jack Sock is in a fight in his 1st round matchup right now, down in the deciding set right now.

Didn't realize Raonic had 10th seed Goffin as his 1st round opponent. Ouch.
Thanks given by:
Raonic beats 10th seeded Goffin in straight sets 6-3 and 6-4.
Thanks given by:
And Genie is gone in straight sets.
Thanks given by:
Such poise from Felix. A really smart player with fantastic attacking instincts. He will have a good chance against Medvedev, who’s struggled all year.
Thanks given by:
I've been waiting for that next wave of great up and coming tennis players for a long time. Alex Zverev for sure is one of the great young players today(maybe the best of the bunch). Felix i think has the potential to be in that class. He is special.

I like Shapovalov as well, but i thikn Felix's ceiling is a lot higher.

Thanks given by:
Polansky gets to face Djokovic on centre court in Round 2. Hope he can put in a good showing at least.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-08, 11:26 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: Polansky gets to face Djokovic on centre court in Round 2. Hope he can put in a good showing at least.

He put up a good fight despite the loss. 

Shapovalov’s bracket has opened up with Del Po withdrawing. I think he’s got a decent shot at making the SF, but obviously were a ways away from that. He’s gotta get by Fognini first, and he’s been playing well.
Thanks given by:
Tsitsipas is the real deal. Could be up to 12th with a win tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Cincinnati has started and some early good news for the Canadians.

Raonic wins his opening match and avoids Rafa in the second, who withdrew likely to rest up before the USO. Shapovalov won a crazy match against Tiafoe and now faces Edmund for what feels like the 10th time. If both Raonic and Shap win their next matches then they'll face each other after.
Thanks given by:
Raonic beats Shap in straight sets.7-6(6) 6-4. Sounds like a close match. Raonic gets the winner of Djokovic vs Dimitrov next in the QF's. Those 2 are on serve in the 3rd set.
Thanks given by:
Raonic vs Djokovic coming up shortly
Thanks given by:
Raonic lost a tight 3 setter against Novak. Joker then beat Cilic in an equally tight 3 setter in the semis. Faces Federer in the finals now.

Should be an interesting US Open!
Thanks given by:
Must watch tennis for Canadian tennis fans on Monday... best friends Shap and FAA are squaring off in the first round.
Thanks given by:
Canada beats the Dutch in Davis Cup action. Surprised no one posted in here after Shap's big comeback win Friday night.
Thanks given by:
I only watched the final two sets but I was happy for Shap. Definitely one of his more impressive victories.

Too bad Nestor couldn't go out with a win, but they had a tough matchup.

Happy, though predictable, to see us back in the world group next year
Thanks given by: