Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canucks v Bruins...
(2018-11-09, 01:05 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Funny , isn't it... 

Anti Benning types were all over this forum when things weren't going so well... and now... 

I'd say "crickets", but those little critters can be noisy at times. 

The "usual suspects" are more like mice... sleeping mice.

Not that Bennings been perfect, but as I've always said, name me a perfect GM and I'll eat a large bug.  I'm happy to report I'm still on a Non Bug Diet.

it doesn't take into account either  that benning was a rookie gm bound to make some mistakes, yet no one cut him any slack, probably not even the owner, I expected 2, 3x as many mistakes as he made

dim jim, you just laugh at these people now, and then, they deserve to be mocked and ridiculed  Laugh Laugh
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 04:30 PM)trapper Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 01:23 PM)binder Wrote:

Anti Benning types were all over this forum when things weren't going so well... and now... 

Not that Bennings been perfect, but as I've always said, name me a perfect GM and I'll eat a large bug.  I'm happy to report I'm still on a Non Bug Diet.

it doesn't take into account either  that benning was a rookie gm bound to make some mistakes, yet no one cut him any slack, probably not even the owner, I expected 2, 3x  as many mistakes as he made

dim jim, you just laugh at these people now, and then, they deserve to be mocked and ridiculed  Laugh Laugh

Playing devils advocate;

There were good points brought up buy both sides on some of Bennings early moves but the mistake made by some was the rush to judgement. Time has shown that he was better than many thought.

No doubt Trap... 

When times were tougher, the Benning bashers in here, and in other social media sites, were more than happy to share their thoughts... 

Now, not so much. 

That said, if and when we go south, I expect a sudden return of the bashers...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 04:48 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 04:30 PM)trapper Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 01:23 PM)binder Wrote:

it doesn't take into account either  that benning was a rookie gm bound to make some mistakes, yet no one cut him any slack, probably not even the owner, I expected 2, 3x  as many mistakes as he made

Playing devils advocate;

There were good points brought up buy both sides on some of Bennings early moves but the mistake made by some was the rush to judgement. Time has shown that he was better than many thought.

No doubt Trap... 

When times were tougher, the Benning bashers in here, and in other social media sites, were more than happy to share their thoughts... 

Now, not so much. 

That said, if and when we go south, I expect a sudden return of the bashers...
By shares in the Mars Candy Company at that point as the sales of Twix bars is over the moon.  Laugh
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Gudbranson has shown that he's been a #5 d-man at best on the Canucks. He has brain farts every game. I's nice to see that he's hitting the stat sheet of late but that's an aberration.

The Canucks traded a draftt + 2 year player, a 2nd round pick for Gudbranson.

McCann is killing penalties in Florida and he's a qb on the 2nd unit powerplay. Florida is also loaded with centers with Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjugstad , Trocheck. That's a deep, deep team at center ice. Click on the link to see.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_/nam...a-panthers

The Canucks threw in a early 2nd rounder, also known as a Benning 1st rounder, into the trade. The Canucks would be LUCKY to get a 2nd rounder back for Gudbranson right now if he was on the market.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 10:57 PM)trapper Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 09:56 PM)topgun Wrote: Gudbranson has shown that he's been a #5 d-man at best on the Canucks.  He has brain farts every game. I's nice to see that he's hitting the stat sheet of late but that's an aberration.

The Canucks traded a draftt + 2 year player, a 2nd round pick for Gudbranson.

McCann is killing penalties in Florida and he's a qb on the 2nd unit powerplay. Florida is also loaded with centers with Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjugstad , Trocheck. That's a deep, deep team at center ice. Click on the link to see.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_/nam...a-panthers

The Canucks threw in a early 2nd rounder, also known as a Benning 1st rounder, into the trade. The Canucks would be LUCKY to get a 2nd rounder back for Gudbranson right now if he was on the market.

How many Benning 2nd rounders are there playing for the canucks?

By that logic Benning should just not make a pick this year in the 2nd round and just forfeit the pick. 

Demko is a 2nd rounder, Lind and weren't you the one posting in the prospects thread about Jett Woo's hit? 

Benning's traded three 2nd rounders away in these trades:  Baertschi, Gudbranson and Willie's love child Linden Vey

Like I said, Gudbranson wouldn't get you a 2nd rounder back now.

Benning since he became the Canucks GM he's drafted players that have played in the NHL in these rounds:

1st
2nd
3rd
5th
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 11:17 PM)trapper Wrote: I doubt Florida would get a 2nd rounder for McCann.

My point is you IMO are exaggerating the value of a Benning 2nd round pick to make the Guddy trade look worse than it is.

McCann may or may not get a 2nd rounder but Gudbranson didn't have a 2nd rounder coming back with him to the Canucks.

Let's say that McCann gets nothing in the market today. Gudbranson not fetching a Benning 1st rounder back makes the trade bad all by itself. If AHLer Linden Vey was worth a 2nd rounder than surely McCann has to be worth that?
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 01:05 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 12:56 PM)binder Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 11:02 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 12:54 AM)C_Squared Wrote: Anyone else notice how good Hutton has been playing on the Power Play? 

Less Pouliot and more Hutton on the PP please!!!  Happy

Also wanted to point this guy out; Markus Granlund had 5 shots, 2 assists and 3:33 of PK time.

But, but, but.... didn't you hear that Benning f'd up that trade for Granlund... 

I mean , look at who we gave up for the guy... emphasis on "WHO".

gudbransson has more points then mcann, that player that was going to be our new #1 center Laugh Laugh 

time is not being friendly to the benning detractors, it is getting harder and harder to point out the bad moves he has made

I would put benning at about 80/20 right now for good moves vs bad, and I think I am being hard on him lol

Funny , isn't it... 

I would start learning how to grill large bugs. Mike Milbury was perfect (should've clarified good or bad lol) I wanna see pictures lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 11:26 PM)trapper Wrote: Demko is a 2nd rounder, Lind and weren't you the one posting in the prospects thread about Jett Woo's hit?

I like all those prospects but if they were LIKE 1st rounders you would think one or two would be in the nhl by now. Until they are they are just unproven prospects.

I like Woo and I like Demko who are both 2nd rounders. That's why I value 2nd rounders. We have an early  1st rounder in Juelevi that's still developing. I'm not the one who said that an early pick in a round (after the 1st round) is like a late round pick in the previous round. That was Jim Benning who said that. Scroll up and read where I said it's a "Benning 1st rounder" for the early 2nd round pick that was sent to Florida
Thanks given by:
I'm glad to see that you value 2nd round picks too. You did ask about the 2nd round picks so I clarified my position.

Like you, I'm glad that fans don't make trades. Remember the Johansen proposals made by a couple of poster? Horvat + 1st + for Ryan Johansen the #1 center? Horvat is tied with Johansen in points right now.

How about another poster who wanted to trade our 1st + Horvat for Drouin?

Those were bad to read then but are so much worse now.
Thanks given by:
Clearly the only one around here that the Canucks front office should be taking calls from is me. Wink
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by: