Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Tierney's Penalty Shot,

I have never seen a call like this. I think Vancouver fans have a right to be pissed at this call. What do you think?
Thanks given by:
That's an awful call, in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
That was a terrible call
Thanks given by:
I would like to see the refs sports select picks for last night

somebody had better be sitting out his next scheduled game to ref
Thanks given by:
Absolutely awful
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
It had no effect on the game, but when I seen that call, I couldn't help but just think that the ref was making a call out of some sort of spite. For some reason, San Jose has benefited more than any other team for s*** calls from refs and the league against the Canucks for the last 5 years. Could be just a coincidence of course. In this game alone, there was this penalty shot, a butt end to the face of Michael Del Zotto in the last minute by Timo Meier that only got a fine and a 5-minute penalty when the game was already over and a phantom goaltender interference call against Bo Horvat. There was also a really soft call on Derek Dorsett for an attempted corkscrew.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-13, 02:05 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: It had no effect on the game, but when I seen that call, I couldn't help but just think that the ref was making a call out of some sort of spite. For some reason, San Jose has benefited more than any other team for s*** calls from refs and the league against the Canucks for the last 5 years. Could be just a coincidence of course. In this game alone, there was this penalty shot, a butt end to the face of Michael Del Zotto in the last minute by Timo Meier that only got a fine and a 5-minute penalty when the game was already over and a phantom goaltender interference call against Bo Horvat. There was also a really soft call on Derek Dorsett for an attempted corkscrew.

I don't know about that, at least not in this game. Canucks had 5 pp's, the Sharks 4. Difference was the Knucks let in 3 short handed goals. As far as the penalty shot call. Definitely one of the worst calls I've ever witnessed. No doubt about it.
Thanks given by:
I was wondering how long it would take...Brutal call, I dint eve think it was a penalty, I wish the Refs had to answer questions after the game to media like players do.
Thanks given by:
In all fairness, I haven't really looked at the San Jose calls but I never saw anything that looked to me like a bad call against them. The Canucks did get some generous calls a couple games back, but I forget against who.

San Jose is a much better team than the Canucks and deserved this win as they outplayed the Canucks for most of the game.

Thanks given by:
Sadly, pretty common for the NHL today.......
Thanks given by:
Horrible call by the ref and just part of what has become laughable officiating in this league.

That said, I'm a big Chris Tierney fan as I went to high school with his father in Deep River, Ontario.
Thanks given by:
i was watching the game and was absolutely dumbfounded with the call, as were the commentators.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I still don't get what happened.... how is that a call exactly?
Thanks given by:
Not even worthy of a penalty.
No hook.
No slash.
No scoring chance that got taken away.

Terrible call indeed.
Thanks given by: