Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland trades Isaiah Thomas to LAL for Clarkson, Nance
Thought this one deserved it's own thread.

Cleveland gets a lot of help with this move, but they are taking on some long term money. Banking on LeBron staying for sure. Not sure if IT is going to help the Lakers much, but they are also getting Frye and Cleveland's protected first rounder in this deal.

I doubt the Cavs are done dealing today, but this move is going to help them a lot.
Thanks given by:
IT's comments about not making in game adjustments likely didn't help his cause at all. Looked like Lue was pissed about those.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 12:16 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: IT's comments about not making in game adjustments likely didn't help his cause at all. Looked like Lue was pissed about those.

Yeah, I like IT a lot, but some things need to stay in the locker room. He had a pretty dreadful stint in Cleveland and I'm glad he can start fresh with the Lakers on a team with low expectations the rest of the way.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the Lakers are considering buying out IT.

I saw expected, but does that really make any sense?
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 12:29 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Sounds like the Lakers are expected to buy out IT.

Where did you see that?
Thanks given by:
Cavs acquire Rodney Hood and George Hill

They are loading up.
Thanks given by:
They traded Wade to Miami. That doesn't surprise me.
Thanks given by:
Hood, Hill, Nance, Clarkson...maybe more. Anyone still think the Celtics or the Raptors can beat Cleveland in the playoffs?

Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 01:08 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Hood, Hill, Nance, Clarkson...maybe more. Anyone still think the Celtics or the Raptors can beat Cleveland in the playoffs?

yes
Thanks given by:
Thompson
Love
LeBron
JR
Hill

Bench:

Korver
Hood
Clarkson
Nance

Yikes. That's a damn good team.

Thanks given by:
I have to give the Cavs credit, these moves look really really good on paper. They did all of it without trading Brooklyn’s first. But who knows how well these players gel, we will have to wait and see.
Thanks given by:
Toronto makes a small deal, sending Bruno to the Kings
Thanks given by:
I just want to see a team in the East beat the Warriors in the Finals. And a LeBron James led team is my best bet to do that.

Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 01:24 PM)encore Wrote: I have to give the Cavs credit, these moves look really really good on paper. They did all of it without trading Brooklyn’s first. But who knows how well these players gel, we will have to wait and see.

I'm surprised they moved Wade.  Didn't think James would want to see his buddy moved.

They're still in trouble with Love out, but this is a pretty remarkable deadline remake.  They should definitely be a better team.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 02:21 PM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 01:24 PM)encore Wrote: I have to give the Cavs credit, these moves look really really good on paper. They did all of it without trading Brooklyn’s first. But who knows how well these players gel, we will have to wait and see.

I'm surprised they moved Wade.  Didn't think James would want to see his buddy moved.

They're still in trouble with Love out, but this is a pretty remarkable deadline remake.  They should definitely be a better team.

I guess Wade was consulted about the deal beforehand. With the Cavs acquiring three younger wing players, Wade’s minutes were going to be significantly reduced. Sounds like his kids had been going to school in Miami still, so that probably explains it.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 12:31 PM)encore Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 12:29 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Sounds like the Lakers are expected to buy out IT.

Where did you see that?

Twitter, but I got fooled. Dude posted a bunch of legit stuff, then slipped that in there. Bleacher Report guy, didn't see that in time lol.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 01:12 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 01:08 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Hood, Hill, Nance, Clarkson...maybe more. Anyone still think the Celtics or the Raptors can beat Cleveland in the playoffs?

yes

it's a lot easy for the Raptors to beat the Cavs in the playoffs.
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
Report from The Score:

IT starting drama in L.A. already. Refuses to come off the bench.
Thanks given by:
I tune out from sports for 30 hours and missed loads, lol still trying to take in these trades
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
IT is in a really tough spot, because just last summer he was looking at a $200 million contract this off-season, and now after an injury and a tough stretch in Cleveland he's going to be lucky to get $50 million. The Lakers have other priorities developing their younger players, so who knows how much playing time Isaiah gets, and when he is out there I'm guessing he's just going to be playing selfish basketball. No way will he care about the Lakers team success.
Thanks given by: