Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland trades Isaiah Thomas to LAL for Clarkson, Nance
Won't be surprised if the Lakers trade him again

edit: and i completely missed the fact that this was the deadline. The nba has had an unusual schedule for their deadline and all star game this yea.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
They just destroyed the Celtics. The Cavs are back. Lebron is heading to the finals.
Thanks given by:
I don't think that game meant much for the Cavs to be honest. The Celtics are struggling mightily. The Raptors just blew them out last week and no one's singing their praises lol.

The Cavs look much better, but one game against a struggling Celtics doesn't mean much IMO.

I get that the Cavs are the fun team to talk about, but it's amazing to me how little discussion the Raptors get, and I'm not even a Raptors fan. Toronto has been blowing teams out. They are legitimately a top 5 team in the NBA right now, and maybe as high as 2 or 3.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-11, 07:13 PM)encore Wrote: I don't think that game meant much for the Cavs to be honest. The Celtics are struggling mightily. The Raptors just blew them out last week and no one's singing their praises lol.

The Cavs look much better, but one game against a struggling Celtics doesn't mean much IMO.

I get that the Cavs are the fun team to talk about, but it's amazing to me how little discussion the Raptors get, and I'm not even a Raptors fan. Toronto has been blowing teams out. They are legitimately a top 5 team in the NBA right now, and maybe as high as 2 or 3.

Most Raptors fans I know don't get too excited anymore with the regular season success because the team is never a huge threat in the playoffs. They have a reputation of being soft. Even Pierce one time said that there is nobody intimidating on the team. Our stars tend to disappear a bit in the playoffs. The weird thing is that DeRozan's from Compton so I don't understand how he goes soft.
Thanks given by:
You have to go back to 2013 to find a team that's pushed LeBron further in the East finals than the Raps did 2 years ago. Please post something that makes sense.
Thanks given by:
[quote='TheNumber13' pid='889404' dateline='1518391638']
They just destroyed the Celtics. The Cavs are back. Lebron is heading to the finals.

1 game does not make a season!
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-11, 09:33 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2018-02-11, 07:13 PM)encore Wrote: I don't think that game meant much for the Cavs to be honest. The Celtics are struggling mightily. The Raptors just blew them out last week and no one's singing their praises lol.

Most Raptors fans I know don't get too excited anymore with the regular season success because the team is never a huge threat in the playoffs. They have a reputation of being soft. Even Pierce one time said that there is nobody intimidating on the team. Our stars tend to disappear a bit in the playoffs. The weird thing is that DeRozan's from Compton so I don't understand how he goes soft.

My gawd you have some interesting thoughts. This whole soft thing was 3 years ago!!! Most of the current players were not even on the team. Maybe you are the same person you were years ago but 3 years on a professional team is a lifetime. The Raptors of 2018 are not that team you speak of.
Thanks given by:

Would you say raps are a decent #2 team for you you filthy divisional rival supporter?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see the Raps do well. They're such an easy team to cheer for because they play like such a good team. I don't like watching much when Derozan plays his iso-ball, but their bench is great to watch.

I still think the Raptors biggest problems in the playoffs are going to come in late game crunch time situations, where Casey has proven himself to be a pretty poor ATO coach. They typically just rely on Derozan to go isolation, which is beyond predictable at this point.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-13, 09:57 AM)encore Wrote: I'd like to see the Raps do well. They're such an easy team to cheer for because they play like such a good team. I don't like watching much when Derozan plays his iso-ball, but their bench is great to watch.

I still think the Raptors biggest problems in the playoffs are going to come in late game crunch time situations, where Casey has proven himself to be a pretty poor ATO coach. They typically just rely on Derozan to go isolation, which is beyond predictable at this point.

With all the moves they made, the Cavs easily are the best team in the East now. Boston is the 2nd best team imo.

My issue with the Raptors is their play in the playoffs. DeRozan and Lowry need to show me something in the playoffs before i take them.seriously.

Thanks given by:
It's certainly looking a lot better for Cleveland now then it did this time last week
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 04:18 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2018-02-13, 09:57 AM)encore Wrote: I'd like to see the Raps do well. They're such an easy team to cheer for because they play like such a good team. I don't like watching much when Derozan plays his iso-ball, but their bench is great to watch.

With all the moves they made, the Cavs easily are the best team in the East now. Boston is the 2nd best team imo.

My issue with the Raptors is their play in the playoffs. DeRozan and Lowry need to show me something in the playoffs before i take them.seriously.

How often do you watch these teams play? I would say after these moves Cleveland and Toronto are neck and neck. Boston is now a step below both of them.
In past years you could argue Cleveland had the best 2 or 3 players on the court against any east opponent. Now if they play Toronto, after Lebron, its Lowry and Derozan. If the Raptors can contain Lebron somewhat they can beat them in a series.
Thanks given by:
The Raptors can't beat Cleveland. Lebron has the entire conference shook. As Dwayne Wade said last year: "Players in the East dream about beating Lebron James."
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-08, 01:27 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: I just want to see a team in the East beat the Warriors in the Finals. And a LeBron James led team is my best bet to do that.

A western team will beat the Warriors Wink
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 09:00 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: The Raptors can't beat Cleveland. Lebron has the entire conference shook. As Dwayne Wade said last year: "Players in the East dream about beating Lebron James."

Yes they can and they will. Lebron doesn't have an all start team to bail him out this time!
Thanks given by:
Well, they still have Kevin Love, and they replaced Irving with Clarkson, Hood, Hill and Nance. Not all star caliber players but they're all pretty good 2 way players.

And LeBron doesn't really need an all star team to beat the Raptors.

Thanks given by:
Right now, LeBron doesn't have anyone shaking.

The Cavs now, are not as good as previous Cavs teams...even after the trades.

Cavs are no longer the team to beat in the East.
Thanks given by:
Well the new and improved Cavs just lost to the Wizards on their home court. Maybe they are not "finals" material after all!
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-16, 10:53 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: Well, they still have Kevin Love, and they replaced Irving with Clarkson, Hood, Hill and Nance. Not all star caliber players but they're all pretty good 2 way players.

And LeBron doesn't really need an all star team to beat the Raptors.

No they are average NBA players; Hill is the best of the bunch but he is not the guy he was 5 years ago. And yes Lebron needs at least one other star to beat the Raptors. And he doesn't have that guy.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 04:18 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:

No they aren't!
Thanks given by: