Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmed: Carolina making every player available except Aho
"The Carolina Hurricanes say every player on their team except Sebastien Aho is available in a trade. If I’m calling, I’m asking about Noah Hanifin first. Then Justin Faulk. Then Jeff Skinner. After that, I’m hanging up. Because nothing else is of a whole lot of interest."

-Don Brennan Ottawa Sun

http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cheapseats-marchessault-emerging-as-candidate-for-conn-smythe

Anybody there worth a look?
Hanafin's a LD
Thanks given by:
Hanifin is likely only theoretically available and would likely cost more than he is worth to get. We need to be accumulating young assets not spending them. They just aren't a logical trading partner for us with both us and them wanting the same things. As for who is a logical trading partner for us we should be looking at teams that within the past few years just started making the playoffs but aren't quite there yet so teams like Colorado, Toronto, Columbus, Philadelphia, and NJ or teams looking to make that final push to get it done in the post season like Nashville, San Jose, or Minnesota.
Thanks given by: labradorcongo
(2018-05-17, 07:50 AM)mada7 Wrote: Hanifin is likely only theoretically available and would likely cost more than he is worth to get. We need to be accumulating young assets not spending them. They just aren't a logical trading partner for us with both us and them wanting the same things. As for who is a logical trading partner for us we should be looking at teams that within the past few years just started making the playoffs but aren't quite there yet so teams like Colorado, Toronto, Columbus, Philadelphia, and NJ or teams looking to make that final push to get it done in the post season like Nashville, San Jose, or Minnesota.

If everyone's available doesn't that mean they could be looking for picks and prospects as opposed to roster players?

This looks like a full on tank to me.

The fact that Dudley is there might give MB an opportunity to shop before the carcass is totally picked over.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 08:00 AM)Strummer Wrote:
(2018-05-17, 07:50 AM)mada7 Wrote: Hanifin is likely only theoretically available and would likely cost more than he is worth to get. We need to be accumulating young assets not spending them. They just aren't a logical trading partner for us with both us and them wanting the same things. As for who is a logical trading partner for us we should be looking at teams that within the past few years just started making the playoffs but aren't quite there yet so teams like Colorado, Toronto, Columbus, Philadelphia, and NJ or teams looking to make that final push to get it done in the post season like Nashville, San Jose, or Minnesota.

If everyone's available doesn't that mean they could be looking for picks and prospects as opposed to roster players?

The fact that Dudley is there might give MB an opportunity to shop before the carcass is totally picked over.

We should be looking for picks and prospects too. We just finished with one of the worst records in the league we should not be trading picks and prospects for veterans under any circumstances at this point. Look at whos left in the playoffs and ask yourself if we are at all close to where those teams are at. When we're close to that level that's when we should be looking to trade picks and prospects for roster players
Thanks given by:
The scuttlebutt is that the new owner is a "win-now" kind of guy and that part of the reason Francis was fired is that he preached patience.

Since Carolina already has some very good depth at the prospect level, I do not think this is a tank situation.

Expect a hard push for Tavares from them. Pacioretty/Gallagher would be of interest for sure.
If your pipe dreams involve Price and Weber moving, Carolina would be a reasonable partner.

60,000,000 committed on what's rumoured to be an 82,000,000 cap.
(With 2,333,333 committed to Alexander Semin for three more seasons!!!)

Carolina could be interesting in the coming months...

I'd target that #2 pick... I'd see what Hanafin and/or Necas costs.

Well, whatever the situation is, all the Habs have to do is call and see what's up.
Thanks given by:

The fact that Dudley knows exactly how MB thinks is mildly terrifying. 

Count Chocula: "Ladies and gentleman, we have a trade. The Montreal Canadiens send the third overall pick in the 2018 NHL entry draft to the Carolina Hurricanes for Brock McGinn..."
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 08:27 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

Count Chocula: "Ladies and gentleman, we have a trade. The Montreal Canadiens send the third overall pick in the 2018 NHL entry draft to the Carolina Hurricanes for Brock McGinn..."

We would quickly see who was wearing the pants in the Habs front office
Thanks given by:

If Dudley has any hand in trading hm, he'll end up becoming a 50-goal scorer Wink.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 08:45 AM)Strummer Wrote:

We would quickly see who was wearing the pants in the Habs front office

[Image: 3voHnSb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
how about Lee Stempniak? Seems like an MB kinda guy
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 10:18 AM)kalevine Wrote: how about Lee Stempniak?  Seems like an MB kinda guy

Yes- underwhelming 35 year old UFA
Thanks given by:
I would seriously conisder giving up the number 3 for Hanafin. He's a number one LDman who turned 21 in January and has 3 years NHL experience. If you can sign him for 8 years at a good cap hit, I would do it. Unless you think Wahlstrom/Tkachuk can play center, there is not a center available. Number 2 on the Habs list is number one LDman.

Actually the first player I would look at is Hadyn Fleury. He's a 6'3" 220 lbs LH LDman who can skate. He's not an offensive dynamo but has size, speed and can play D. The Habs have is brother Cale who is RH so they can play together lol.

Anyway I don't believe for a second any young player is available. They are looking to move the vets and reboot IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 11:22 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: I would seriously conisder giving up the number 3 for Hanafin. He's a number one LDman who turned 21 in January and has 3 years NHL experience. If you can sign him for 8 years at a good cap hit, I would do it. Unless you think Wahlstrom/Tkachuk can play center, there is not a center available. Number 2 on the Habs list is number one LDman.

Actually the first player I would look at is Hadyn Fleury. He's a 6'3" 220 lbs LH LDman who can skate. He's not an offensive dynamo but has size, speed and can play D. The Habs have is brother Cale who is RH so they can play together lol.

Anyway I don't believe for a second any young player is available. They are looking to move the vets and reboot IMO.

Word is that Babcock wanted Hanifin instead of Marner at the 2015 draft but was overruled.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 12:05 PM)Strummer Wrote:
(2018-05-17, 11:22 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: I would seriously conisder giving up the number 3 for Hanafin. He's a number one LDman who turned 21 in January and has 3 years NHL experience. If you can sign him for 8 years at a good cap hit, I would do it. Unless you think Wahlstrom/Tkachuk can play center, there is not a center available. Number 2 on the Habs list is number one LDman.

Word is that Babcock wanted Hanifin instead of Marner at the 2015 draft but was overruled.

You know he's still tumescent for Weber. I'd do Weber/Marner. And also make that trade.
Thanks given by:
Just thought of an interesting non-Habs trade proposal:
Hanafin and the 2nd pick overall for Driesitl and the 10th. I think that would be great for both teams.

Also let's say the Isles sign Tavares. How about Chucky and the 3rd (and whatever else LOL) for Barzal? Barzal is going to cost them a fortune if he continues like this.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 12:37 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Just thought of an interesting non-Habs trade proposal:
Hanafin and the 2nd pick overall for Driesitl and the 10th. I think that would be great for both teams.

Also let's say the Isles sign Tavares. How about Chucky and the 3rd (and whatever else LOL) for Barzal? Barzal is going to cost them a fortune if he continues like this.

yes

and

yes- Chucky will never be at Barzal's pay grade
Thanks given by:
To Carolina: 3rd overall and every player except Mete.
To Montreal: 2nd overall and every player except Aho.

No brainer!
---
HI/O, HI/O
It's into the tank we go!
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 12:37 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Just thought of an interesting non-Habs trade proposal:

They'll happily pay that fortune to Barzal.

See-ya later Clutterbuck or Ladd or Cizikas or Boychuk or Eberle...
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 01:23 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

I know but...you never know lol. I'm curious to see the effect of the McDavid and Driesitl contracts on the marketplace.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-17, 01:30 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:
(2018-05-17, 01:23 PM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

I know but...you never know lol. I'm curious to see the effect of the McDavid and Driesitl contracts on the marketplace.

T.O. is going to feel those the most. 

Uber-talented superstar plus excellent #2 guy... Matthews has to be looking at 12 million and the other two have to be in the 7 range, right?

And with the cap climbing, those #'s may as well.

I'd love to see Matthews negotiate for his full and fair value of 20%.
Thanks given by: