Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmed: The Athletic 1 year subscription for less than $1 50 per month
Here is a link to The Athletic offer for a 1 year subscription for $17.86 Canadian for the year. It's an ultra bargain at that price.

https://theathletic.com/checkout/?plan_i...mail_login=[%email%]
Thanks given by: shadylane , shadylane
They hooked me with that in year 1.

I am now paying $50 a year and it's still worth every penny.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-04, 06:37 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: They hooked me with that in year 1.

I agree that it's worth every penny. This price is dirt,dirt cheap.

This is Joe Dirt approved
Thanks given by: LordFerg13

The quality gap between The Athletic and the rest is grand canyon-ish.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-04, 07:06 PM)Limestoner Wrote:

The quality gap between The Athletic and the rest is grand canyon-ish.

Agreed. Im happy to pay the subscription

Thanks given by:
Yup - love The Athletic - the fee is nominal.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-04, 06:18 PM)topgun Wrote: Here is a link to The Athletic offer for a 1 year subscription for $17.86 Canadian for the year. It's an ultra bargain at that price.

https://theathletic.com/checkout/?plan_i...mail_login=[%email%]

I can handle only so much of JD Burke so i will pass for now
Thanks given by:
That's hella cheap. I just re-upped at the normal 71.99 annually, feeling it was worth every penny.

I hope this model is sustainable for the company and the journalists. The sooner banner ads go the way of the dodo as a means of generating revenue the better we'll all be. For several reasons, but #1 probably being not as much of our personal data being gathered, sold, hacked, and stolen. Content is paid for one way or another. Shelling out a few bucks a month for top-notch coverage shouldn't be that much of a leap for serious sports fans.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-08, 10:20 PM)shadylane Wrote: That's hella cheap. I just re-upped at the normal 71.99 annually, feeling it was worth every penny.

I hope this model is sustainable for the company and the journalists. The sooner banner ads go the way of the dodo as a means of generating revenue the better we'll all be. For several reasons, but #1 probably being not as much of our personal data being gathered, sold, hacked, and stolen. Content is paid for one way or another. Shelling out a few bucks a month for top-notch coverage shouldn't be that much of a leap for serious sports fans.

I had paid more the previous year. This offer is a steal as you alluded as well. Nobody will be disappointed in investing $18 for 12 months of fantastic content. I spend more on a coffee in 1 day than it costs for the month of content.
Thanks given by: