Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats and good luck to the CDN teams that made the post season
(2019-04-20, 01:13 AM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 01:05 AM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 12:28 AM)topgun Wrote: The Avs take a massive, fire hose size, PISS all over Calgary to douse the Flames. Damn, those Flames looked soft as they bent over for the Avs. The LUGGAGE must be loving that tonight.

Reg predicted Flames in five games. At least he got the five games right  Laugh

Have to admit with all their anti Canuck game threads they used to have this one feels kind of good. Not sure where all their posters are, i think Styx was one of their top posters  Wink

Yea they were a snobby bunch all year,  especially near the end of the season. Winning the west really got to their heads Laugh

BTW here is Calgary's next victim..... https://www.cgandcc.com/
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
(2019-04-20, 01:05 AM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 12:28 AM)topgun Wrote: The Avs take a massive, fire hose size, PISS all over Calgary to douse the Flames. Damn, those Flames looked soft as they bent over for the Avs. The LUGGAGE must be loving that tonight.

Reg predicted Flames in five games. At least he got the five games right  Laugh

Have to admit with all their anti Canuck game threads they used to have this one feels kind of good. Not sure where all their posters are, i think Styx was one of their top posters  Wink

Their posters are hiding.  Hockey Gods don't like arrogance.    No playoff run for you!

Maybe now they understand how good the Canucks were in 2011.

The Flames only solace may come if the Avs win the Cup ......they look like the 2012 Kings.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Nathan McKinnon showing how easy it is to put out the Flames using a Coke Bottle

[Image: TeemingMajesticBlacknorwegianelkhound-small.gif]
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 11:17 AM)trapper Wrote: Leaf fans can't understand why other Canadian fans aren't cheering for them.  LOL

https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/...ad?page=57

Hell, the Leafs even winning a playoff round would make people "puke"??

I swear to gawd sometimes, I think the purpose of these hockey forums has been to cling on to the notion of the Leafs never winning anything....never winning a playoff series...never winning a Stanley Cup....people are soooooo desperate for the Leafs' drought to last forever because it's what makes some hockey folks sleep better at night I guess...LOL

I'm really not bothered by it. They have a great team, a team you want to cheer for.

Do you know when Leaf fans are most annoying? When their team is crap and the future looks grim. Then they bash the living crap out of your team when doing well. Does this sound like a fanbase Northeast from us that rhymes with Tedgonlon? Yeah pretty much.
Thanks given by:
and now the Jets are gone.    Jets looked like a really, really good beer league team that got a chance to play a game in the NHL.
Thanks given by:
Still shocked that Calgary bowed out so early....granted, they had question marks in goal, but after winning Game 1 you figured they were ready to roll...then McKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog practically took over that series. The 3 of them by themselves outscored Calgary's forward lines. Crazy. And Grubauer's goaltending was a factor as well.

Colorado is going to be a handful for the next playoff opponent.
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , Lagavulin
Leaf fans can't understand why other Canadian fans aren't cheering for them. LOL

https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/...ad?page=57

Hell, the Leafs even winning a playoff round would make people "puke"??

I swear to gawd sometimes, I think the purpose of these hockey forums has been to cling on to the notion of the Leafs never winning anything....never winning a playoff series...never winning a Stanley Cup....people are soooooo desperate for the Leafs' drought to last forever because it's what makes some hockey folks sleep better at night I guess...LOL

Dunno why that makes anyone upset. It's not wrong. I'm not wrong on that I don't think. But that's just me I suppose.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 09:37 PM)ckendall Wrote: Still shocked that Calgary bowed out so early....granted, they had question marks in goal, but after winning Game 1 you figured they were ready to roll...then McKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog practically took over that series. The 3 of them by themselves outscored Calgary's forward lines. Crazy. And Grubauer's goaltending was a factor as well.

Colorado is going to be a handful for the next playoff opponent.

I had my doubts about Monahan, Gaudreau, Lindholm and Mike Smith going into the playoffs. Smith was spectacular but i was right about the other three. Monahan, Gaudreau and Lindholm were a no show against the Avs.

Thanks given by:
Ehlers has as many points as Virtanen in these playoffs  Laugh

Thanks given by:
Ok..now Toronto can be Canadas team for 2 more games.
Long you live and high you fly...
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 11:41 PM)arnoldlayne Wrote: Ok..now Toronto can be Canadas team for 2 more games.

I literally heard that for the last 2 hours by my damn cousins who wouldn't shut up about the leafs. Bastards were wearing Tavares jerseys and saying it's okay that Calgary and Winnipeg were sacrificed to the hockey gods so Toronto could win a series. 

A big thank you to ratw leafers for not being as insufferable as some people I'm related to lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 11:47 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 11:41 PM)arnoldlayne Wrote: Ok..now Toronto can be Canadas team for 2 more games.

I literally heard that for the last 2 hours by my damn cousins who wouldn't shut up about the leafs. Bastards were wearing Tavares jerseys and saying it's okay that Calgary and Winnipeg were sacrificed to the hockey gods so Toronto could win a series. 

A big thank you to ratw leafers for not being as insufferable as some people I'm related to lol
Honostly I wouldn't mind the Leafs going on a run. As much as some of thier fans were douchy in 2011 in the SN boards, they are a great fan base and deserve some success from their team
Long you live and high you fly...
Thanks given by:
Flames and the Jets leaving the NHL playoffs and dumped onto the golf course

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
I think there is going to be some serious realignment coming to the nhl standings next season, will be interesting to see who is able to fix their team, and who drops off the map

I think next season is going to be one of the hardest years to predict who makes the playoffs
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:24 AM)binder Wrote: I think there is going to be some serious realignment coming to the nhl standings next season, will be interesting to see who is able to fix their team, and who drops off the map

I think next season is going to be one of the hardest years to predict who makes the playoffs

With several big name teams losing without a whimper, it make make for some interesting deals to be made as management moves away from what was considered their "core".  You don't want someones garbage, but there is an awful lot of unhappy skill sitting on the sidelines right now and unhappy management looking at them.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-19, 11:43 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote: Well stick a fork in Calgary...

Heard the ref had a lot to do with it lmao
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 11:47 PM)bicboi Wrote:

Hate to admit it but Vancouver fans were pretty high and mighty when we had our runs. It's typical of most fanbases when their teams do well.

I used to read the ESPN message boards when they were around and NFL fans were the worst ever fanbases when they did well. I remember reading the Colts forum board and you would be real surprised what some of their fans were posting. After they won their one SB one of their fans were comparing their team to the Patriots, Giants, Steelers. He was adding the championships from pre SB days during the Johnny Unitas years to the one SB they won. Pretty ridiculous.

I'm not going to rain on the Leafers parade because some of their fans do/say stupid things. Good for the hard core fans that are enjoying the success and i hope it continues.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 09:05 AM)nuckerking Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 11:43 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote: Well stick a fork in Calgary...

Heard the ref had a lot to do with it lmao

Lol, just like 2003
Thanks given by: