Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Christmas party stories?
Any of you have any crazy Xmas party tales?

Aside from people getting overdrunk and having to be carried into a vehicle I don't have anything too bananas.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Nothing beyond the usual... drunk people banging/fighting in the bathroom/stairwell etc.

Apparently I was about a few years too late getting into my part of the industry and missed the real wild west type stuff.
Not sure if I am happy or sad about that.
Thanks given by:
I had an office party once where we had a crazy young boss who's sister was a bitch. he threw the party despite being told not to.

he went all out, and it got out of control. printer went through a window, he hired a baby for the manger scene, people drunk out of their minds.

then we all went on a car ride and crashed into the bridge, knocked out the power and city's network grid!

insanity!
cfl
Thanks given by:
It was 1980/81 ish...I believe.....when I was living in Moose Factory Ont.
My parents left me and my two brothers "home alone" through Christmas, and of course we had invited a few friends over for some Christmas cheer. It turned into friends of friends of friends....about 15 or 20 of us....I don't think there was anyone over 20.....there may have been??
We had the music blaring pretty good.....AC/DC, Rush, Zeppelin, Boston, Yes.....etc...etc..you know, the Christmas classics
Plenty of alcohol, and some herbal delights brought with a couple of gals
We had some noise complaints and the cops show up and tell us to shut it down...too noisy....One of the cops was a friend of the family, and he said he was told by my parents to "check in on us"...lol

We kept it tuned down for a couple of hours, then a knock on the door...
It was my Grandfather, who was a Cree/Scottish fiddler - and very good I may add. He came with a friend, who had a guitar. My Grandfather didn't know my parents had been away...

Anyways....the "Classic Christmas" music was turned off and the fiddle and guitar started....about an hour or so later (Something like that), the cop friend of the family shows up with his wife....
Now the house is blaring with fiddle music and guitar, and a bunch of us kids having a Metis style step dance.....my Grandfather leading the way and the cop "friend" and wife joining in.....
That went on for a couple of hours.
Later on, a few nurses from the next door Nurse's Residence came by afterwords, and the party continued with the Christmas classics...I remember one nurse telling us that the pot wasn't very healthy, and a bad habit....LOL...
One of the "friends" emptied the Fire Extinguisher at one point as well....an ole cliche prank

Tame to some I guess, but I thought it was the craziest thing ever.....lol
Good memories that I think of fondly and of good times past...

An aside....it took us about 3 days to clean the house....thank bloody hell we had a dishwasher
Thanks given by: ZappaScores , Lagavulin , GloryYrs70s
That sounds like a great Christmas memory, PT. Thanks for sharing.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 09:16 PM)Limestoner Wrote: That sounds like a great Christmas memory, PT. Thanks for sharing.

One I'll never forget.....good times...

My Grandfather has since passed, but he left a lasting legacy in the community....

Him and another fiddler were featured in a Canadian Film Board Documentary....1985 I believe..."Fiddlers of the James Bay"

It basically showed the melding of the Scottish and Cree cultures through the Fiddle music
Thanks given by:
This isn't a Xmas story, but I lived at a house that's back fence disappeared during the night of the 1992 Pink Floyd concert, at Commonwealth Stadium. I once saw a drummer slide down the hallway on a chicken carcass, when living there.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
A Christmas party at my house in the 80's and a friend tells me that he thinks a couple of my friends are outside cutting down a tree with my saw ,and he points to an empty spot behind the bar. The spot where a large 2 man crosscut saw usually hung as a display.

I head outside and sure as hell there are two drunk buddies of mine trying to cut down a tree while about 6 others cheered them on. Luckily those saws are hard to handle, especially by inexperienced drunks so they did not get much of it cut.

What was more worrisome was that it was not, in fact, my tree, but the neighbours!

Since then I can't listen to a certain Irish Rovers song without laughing a little.
" I don't drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs "
Thanks given by:
My parents had an open bar for their employees about 10 years ago. There were roughly 25 employees.

Those 25 employees racked up a $10,000 bar tab in 6 hours. One guy was drunk , by 8:00 that night, he had to be put in a hotel room in the Fantasyland Hotel. So my parents, being the nice people they are, paid for his room. He ended up smoking a pack of cigarettes in the room and putting the cigarettes out on whatever he could find. So that was about a $600 charge.

The supervisors girlfriend (who worked for my parents) propositioned me. After I politely turned her down, she propositioned the lead-hand. I think he accepted.

My parents don’t have huge Christmas parties anymore.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 12:23 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: My parents had an open bar for their employees about 10 years ago. There were roughly 25 employees.

Those 25 employees racked up a $10,000 bar tab in 6 hours. One guy was drunk , by 8:00 that night, he had to be put in a hotel room in the Fantasyland Hotel. So my parents, being the nice people they are, paid for his room. He ended up smoking a pack of cigarettes in the room and putting the cigarettes out on whatever he could find. So that was about a $600 charge.

The supervisors girlfriend (who worked for my parents) propositioned me. After I politely turned her down, she propositioned the lead-hand. I think he accepted.

That's on them.  If I was to have a party like that for anyone I new in the trades, I would not expect that, but know it could happen.  

Just curious, what is $600 versus the potential liability of facilitating criminal drinking and driving?
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 12:23 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: My parents had an open bar for their employees about 10 years ago. There were roughly 25 employees.

Unfortunate that people cannot control themselves.
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-09, 05:32 AM)beatcomber Wrote:

That's on them.  If I was to have a party like that for anyone I new in the trades, I would not expect that, but know it could happen.  

Just curious, what is $600 versus the potential liability of facilitating criminal drinking and driving?

My parents would not have been liable for the other persons drinking and driving, assuming he even had a license.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-09, 09:30 AM)Mavid Wrote:

Unfortunate that people cannot control themselves.

Yeah it is unfortunate. 

My parents have a tendency to extend more to people than they deserve. Over the years, people abusing their generosity has cost them tens of thousands of dollars.
Thanks given by:
Many years ago, the company I worked for had a huge Christmas party with an open bar.  I got pretty wasted by 8:00 and the owners were really nice and got me my own room at the Fantasyland Hotel.  It was a nice room but my only complaint was that there were no ashtrays.
Thanks given by: MisterZ , Lagavulin , Lagavulin , colonel mustard
I hosted one a few years ago - about 25 people (friends and family). A few people went pretty hard on shots at one point, and then got nearly blackout drunk. One girl locked herself in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes before we got her out, then sent her and her husband off in a cab. About an hour later, someone reported to me that the toilet was plugged - which it very much was. It almost became a game - see who could plunge the toilet to clear the blockage. Every guy in the place tried it and it wouldn't clear.

The next day I woke up with a huge headache and a text on my phone - hey, xxxxx's phone is missing. Please take a look around for it and I'll come grab it later.... well I tore the entire house up looking for it, then found a hole in the drywall in my living room that was kinda rectangular shaped and remembered at one point xxxxx fell ass first into the wall pretty hard right before she went to the bathroom and locked herself in there.

Skip to the end, I drained the toilet, popped it off the floor and had to snake it from the back side - out popped the phone.

Puttied up the wall and painted it.

Such a great night. As a group I've never seen everyone such a complete disaster all at the same time...
"These things have a way of working themselves out. I'm gonna let the liquor do the thinking."
Thanks given by:
TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
beatcomber Wrote:
TheOilerFan83 Wrote:My parents had an open bar for their employees about 10 years ago. There were roughly 25 employees.

My parents would not have been liable for the other persons drinking and driving, assuming he even had a license.

As the providers of the alcohol, your parents could absolutely be held responsible for his drinking and driving.
Thanks given by:
(8 hours ago)PaliSENS Wrote:
TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
beatcomber Wrote:
TheOilerFan83 Wrote:My parents had an open bar for their employees about 10 years ago. There were roughly 25 employees.

As the providers of the alcohol, your parents could absolutely be held responsible for his drinking and driving.

They provided cab vouchers, hosted the event at a licensed venue, and the venues licensed bartenders were serving the alcohol.
Thanks given by:
My story is really a tale of what happened afterwards.

Her boyfriend ran into me at a bar a couple weeks after the party and challenged me to a dance off...
Thanks given by:
Was he a brony?
Thanks given by:
(6 hours ago)Nuclearsun Wrote: Was he a brony?

NVM, I forgot that bronies don’t have girlfriends.
Thanks given by: