Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cricket Lovers
Any people here that watch cricket? I would love to know what teams you cheer for and your favorite player
Thanks given by:
Always appreciated de kock and root.

Learned cricket while Clarke was coming on as captain so would go with him. Warner now I guess. Didn't see him play but Warne is an all time legend.
Thanks given by:
David Warner - wow - 244 not out. Not sure if the Aussies have rebounded that strongly since the Ashes or the Kiwi's are just that poor right now. Some luck along the way with 50/50 calls going his way.
Thanks given by:
South Africa fan here, after India of course Wink
Thanks given by:
Generally follow the sport, don't have a favorite team per se but tend to support India, England, NZ, and WI and cheer against those countries' major rivals (Aus, SA, Pak, SL). Think Warner is a douche...
Thanks given by:
(2015-11-17, 05:55 AM)bicboi Wrote: South Africa fan here, after India of course Wink

They do choke a lot. You must be having a great time with the SA and India Test series right now Icon_razz
Thanks given by:
(2015-11-17, 10:17 PM)Hobbes Wrote: Generally follow the sport, don't have a favorite team per se but tend to support India, England, NZ, and WI and cheer against those countries' major rivals (Aus, SA, Pak, SL). Think Warner is a douche...

Williamson had quite a performance against Australia.  They WACA was terrible but great performance none the less.

I love it that people who just read the media hate the Aussies so much.

Pakistan has been quietly going about their business and are one of the top teams in cricket now.
Thanks given by:
It's not the media, it's just listening to guys like Haddin and Warner speak. Look at a guy like McCullum who plays every bit as aggressively without coming across as a total douche.
Thanks given by:
Bumping this - anyone watching England / South Africa? I hear there's something going on in Australia as well..abysmal.
Thanks given by:
Couldn't find a general cricket thread, figured i might as well post here. India is playing New Zeland right now in 20/20.

I tend to avoid 20/20 since it's all about aggressive hitting with little emphasis on bowling or good fielding. This match is great so far, Seifert is hitting 6 after 6 for NZ. Loads of sweeps, charging shots and defensive tips that let him produce runs. 127/1 at the moment and it's surprisingly fun (could just be not watching cricket in a while)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: