Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 12
I believe the men have a QF volleyball game at 9 eastern and the 200m semis are this evening - 9 eastern is the broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Hopefully Canada can continue to follow up on the high that was yesterday evening!
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:07 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Hopefully Canada can continue to follow up on the high that was yesterday evening!

A high yesterday but some lows as well (namely, women's soccer team and women's basketball team).

Looking forward to the 200m semis tonight.
Thanks given by:
Volleyball team dropped the first set to Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Not surprisingly, Russia took care of the Canadian men's volleyball team.
Thanks given by:
bummer
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 08:30 AM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 07:07 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Hopefully Canada can continue to follow up on the high that was yesterday evening!

A high yesterday but some lows as well (namely, women's soccer team and women's basketball team).

Looking forward to the 200m semis tonight.

Yeah that's why I put in evening lol but I guess the basketball was in evening too haha
Thanks given by:
Beating the Italians and USA was pretty good for Canada in volleyball but would have been nice for them to get to semis and attempt for a medal
Thanks given by:
Warner did himself no favours finishing 23rd in the shot put with a sub 14M throw. Still in 2nd but by a mere 9 points after 3 events. 95 back of Eaton in 1st.
Thanks given by:
Canada loses a jump off in equestrian for the bronze, ends up 4th. Would've won silver had Yann Candele cleared the very last rail in his run.
Thanks given by:
I don't have much interest in the day-time events today - This is a good thing, I don't need the distractions at the office today and I will already by distracted by streaming the day-time Bluejays game - prominent Olympic events would have been too much.

Looking forward to the track tonight.
Thanks given by:
Everytime equestrian is on I can never watch it lol
Just no interest haha
Thanks given by:
Another person named Ryan Cochrane in kayaking lol
Thought it was the swimmer lol
Thanks given by:
Lol at first I was like, what??? Did they just say Ryan Cochrane?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be as much of interest going on the last few days, at least involving Canada. The swimming took up a lot of the day when it was happening.

It's too bad that while there are a gazillion events and medals in swimming, some other athletes only have one event to compete in - such as Rosie MacLennan in trampoline, imagine if she had more medals to compete for.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
What are our odds of getting 18 medals & at least equaling London?
Thanks given by:
I'd say 50-50.

Damian Warner in the decathlon
Mens 4X100M team
De Grasse in the 200
Womens soccer team

Those are medal threats left just off the top of my head.

Edit- Brooke Henderson in womens golf is a threat too right now. Still in contention after Round 1.
Thanks given by:
Apparently we have a decent contingent of womens wrestlers too.

Oh and I think Roseline Fillion still has her best event left in diving too.
Thanks given by:
Usually we start slow and then pick up speed... it's been almost the opposite this time around. I think we hit 18, but it'll be close.
Thanks given by:
One of our female wrestlers going for bronze in a bit.
Thanks given by: