Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 12
(2016-08-17, 04:05 PM)lewis94 Wrote: One of our female wrestlers going for bronze in a bit.

Its starting now.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/live/wrestl...30244.html
Thanks given by:
I never get how the scoring system works for wrestling, judo, taekowndo

They should just do it WWE style Happy
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what's going on in this wrestling match - I know nothing about this sport.
Thanks given by:
So much hands to face action lol
Thanks given by:
I believe i just learned that if you force your opponent out of bounds, you get a point.

Can down 2-0. Check that, 2-1.
Thanks given by:
Darn, Sweden wins match over Canadian 2-1
Thanks given by:
No medal!
Thanks given by:
Warner gains on Eaton a bit in the high jump, 68 points behind now. The race behind Warner has tightened up though. Warner is still 2nd, but only 19 points out of 5th.

According to the commentators, the next event is the 400M, and Warner on his best day is 2 seconds slower than Eaton.
Thanks given by:
Don't understand how they award 2 bronze medals in wrestling. If the winners of the semis are against eachother, shouldn't the losers of the semis wrestle for the bronze? No idea why there is two bronze medal matches
Thanks given by:
Pretty cool seeing Drouin's medal ceremony!!
Thanks given by:
Nice, George qualifies for finals in hurdles
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 06:54 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Nice, George qualifies for finals in hurdles

Nice, what distance (I want to look to see when the finals are)?

Edit: Nevermind, I see its the 100m hurdles - she had the 2nd fastest time in her heat.
Thanks given by:
How does Mark Lee not notice that Holder went ass over tea kettle there?
Thanks given by:
Damian Warner is 2nd in the decathlon after 3 events.
Thanks given by:
He's actually 2nd after 4. 400M coming up shortly.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:18 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: He's actually 2nd after 4. 400M coming up shortly.

Yes, he is now - the high jump just finished (at least on CBC TV).
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that happened over an hour ago lol.
Thanks given by:
Kept expecting them to air the wrestling match, but they had mens basketball on instead, which I thought was dumb. Canada going for a medal, or a predicted blowout by the "dream team", what's more interesting? So I went searching, never did find the wrestling match, but found the decathlon high jump on either Sportsnet or TSN.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:04 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: How does Mark Lee not notice that Holder went ass over tea kettle there?

Commentators seem to miss things like that a lot. I was watching a heat the other day (100m I think) and one of the runners had moved into the lead at about 50 metres. Finally around 90 metres Lee says "and so and so is making a late challenge!"

Plain
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:27 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Kept expecting them to air the wrestling match, but they had mens basketball on instead, which I thought was dumb. Canada going for a medal, or a predicted blowout by the "dream team", what's more interesting? So I went searching, never did find the wrestling match, but found the decathlon high jump on either Sportsnet or TSN.

I saw the wrestling match earlier on CBC.

Not sure why CBC decided to delay showing the high jump. I don't think many Canadians particularly care about the dream team playing Argentina.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by: