Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 12
(2016-08-17, 07:25 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Yeah, that happened over an hour ago lol.

Interesting - I would have thought CBC would have been showing it live. Oh well - as long as I get to see the 200m semi heats live (in 20 minutes) - I'm sure they will be live, if not, I'll stream them.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:32 PM)lewis94 Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 07:27 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Kept expecting them to air the wrestling match, but they had mens basketball on instead, which I thought was dumb. Canada going for a medal, or a predicted blowout by the "dream team", what's more interesting? So I went searching, never did find the wrestling match, but found the decathlon high jump on either Sportsnet or TSN.

I saw the wrestling match earlier on CBC.

Not sure why CBC decided to delay showing the high jump. I don't think many Canadians particularly care about the dream team playing Argentina.

That's what I mean, I'm talking about at 530-6ish, when the match was happening, kept searching for it, never did find it. Then must've missed it when I basically gave up looking for it and got into the high jump.

Warner falls to 3rd overall after the 400M.
Thanks given by:
So Warner is third after 5 events.

Three events bright and early tomorrow morning and the last two events (javelin and 1500m) are in the evening.
Thanks given by:
Aaron Brown finishes 7th in his heat - no finals for him.
Thanks given by:
The third time this Olympics that De Grasse has run in the lane next to Bolt.

No pressure.

Wink
Thanks given by:
Bolt followed by De Grasse - no surprise there.

New personal best for De Grasse. Bolt didn't give 100%.
Thanks given by:
De Grasse didn't either I don't think. But he made Bolt work at the end. This friendly rivalry between them is great.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
Love the smiles at the finish between Bolt and De Grasse! New Canadian record for Andre!
Thanks given by:
De Grasse pushes to make Bolt look human haha. That was good.
Thanks given by:
And karma strikes for Gatlin
Thanks given by:
I feel so bad for Gatlin Grin

Should make things easier for De Grasse.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 07:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: So Warner is third after 5 events.

Three events bright and early tomorrow morning and the last two events (javelin and 1500m) are in the evening.

Doesn't look good, outside of the hurdles tomorrow it appears he doesn't score well in anything else remaining.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 08:10 PM)lewis94 Wrote: De Grasse didn't either I don't think. But he made Bolt work at the end. This friendly rivalry between them is great.

Looked to me like De Grasse was giving it his all to try and pass Bolt - he get a personal best in the process.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 08:25 PM)tm123 Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 07:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: So Warner is third after 5 events.

Doesn't look good, outside of the hurdles tomorrow it appears he doesn't score well in anything else remaining.

The shot put hurt him quite a bit. Was over a metre under his PB. He has done well at times in discus and javelin, hopefully tomorrow is one of those days.
Thanks given by:
What a finish in the women's 200! Double gold for Elaine Thompson.
Thanks given by:
George finishes last in the hurdles final. Americans sweep the medals.
Thanks given by:
There's more people watching this in my local pub than there is in the Olympic Stadium. WTF?
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-17, 09:11 PM)miltonred Wrote: There's more people watching this in my local pub than there is in the Olympic Stadium. WTF?

The poor attendance has made the event feel second rate at times.
Thanks given by:
Just watched the Gatlin semi. What a moron. Stupidity like that deserves to lose.
Thanks given by:
Apparently he's blaming it on a sore ankle.
Thanks given by: