Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 13
Very excited for the 200m tonight - hopefully De Grasse can pull off a silver.

Decathlon starts in a few hours at 630 mountain and finishes this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Warner got 1st place in the hurdles this morning - great start to day 2 of the decathlon.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Canada qualifed for the women's 4 X 100m relay final.

Missed the races but it looks like the US team might be protesting something - I heard the word "debacle" but am not sure what happened.
Thanks given by:
I think the US team was disqualified for a violation of sorts but it's not cut and dry and they could be reinstated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Appears the Brazilian team may have made contact with them. It's hard to tell with any view I've seen so far. At first I thought Felix just stumbled.
Thanks given by:
If USA don't get reinstated, women's team might win a medal in final
Thanks given by:
Jamaica finishes 2nd which was probably their B team lol
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 09:48 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: If USA don't get reinstated, women's team might win a medal in final

I dunno - they barely qualified for the final - here's hoping though.
Thanks given by:
Poor guy from Puerto Rico getting DQ'd. Don't understand why you would risk false starting on longer races. Short races sure since every 0.01 seconds count
Thanks given by:
Looks like Warner isn't doing very well in discus
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
Fillion and Benfeito both through to 10M platform diving finals.
Thanks given by:
Anyone know what time the 200m final is?

Thanks given by:
Nice comeback by Wiebe! Down 2-0, wins 5-2. Off to semis in 75kg class.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:33 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: Anyone know what time the 200m final is?

9:30 ET
Thanks given by:
Thanks.

Thanks given by:
Warner finished 11th in discus. Still in second, but 115 points back. He's 72 points up on third and 156 up on fourth.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:17 AM)lewis94 Wrote: Looks like Warner isn't doing very well in discus

I've got the main CBC feed streaming in my office this morning thinking they would show the decathlon events as they happen but I didn't see the discus.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:40 AM)lewis94 Wrote: Warner finished 11th in discus. Still in second, but 115 points back. He's 72 points up on third and 156 up on fourth.
That's not terrible, but would've been nice to have been in the 6th-8th range like he's been in the past though.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 10:17 AM)lewis94 Wrote: Looks like Warner isn't doing very well in discus

I've got the main CBC feed streaming in my office this morning thinking they would show the decathlon events as they happen but I didn't see the discus.

Weird, its showing the discuss now, at 9:48 mountain.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered already, but does anyone know why there are so many Aussie/Kiwi/English announcers on the CBC/TSN feeds?

Some of them are god awful... particularly the golf announcers... It's one mistake after another, ( within the last couple of viewings... Charley Hull is NOT Brooke Henderson, Gerina Piller is not Gerina Miller and Brooke didn't win her PGA in a 3 hole aggregate playoff against Lydia Ko ).

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by: