Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 13
So we're at 18 medals, same as London and one fewer than Beijing. Do we have two more medal hopes in the next few days? Men's 4x100 relay, Women's 800m and women's soccer come to mind. Any canoers or wrestlers?
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:01 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Watching the start of mens beach volleyball. Didn't realize they play the anthems before the match. I have never heard Brazils anthem. It is quite festive. I feel like the two anthems played took as long as the matches will take.

Yeah the Brazilians anthem is pretty cool. Listened to it a lot during the world cup
Thanks given by:
De jonge in the k1 200 sprint has a good shot at medal
Thanks given by:
Synchro swimming maybe?
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:16 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 10:01 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Watching the start of mens beach volleyball. Didn't realize they play the anthems before the match. I have never heard Brazils anthem. It is quite festive. I feel like the two anthems played took as long as the matches will take.

Yeah the Brazilians anthem is pretty cool. Listened to it a lot during the world cup

I thought they were both horrible dirges.   Grin    But what do I know.   LOL
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:19 PM)nicky Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 10:16 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:

I thought they were both horrible dirges.   Grin    But what do I know.   LOL

Lol
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:14 PM)Hobbes Wrote: So we're at 18 medals, same as London and one fewer than Beijing. Do we have two more medal hopes in the next few days? Men's 4x100 relay, Women's 800m and women's soccer come to mind. Any canoers or wrestlers?
Brennan may have a shot in the 1500m, if he doesn't get boxed in.
Thanks given by:
Woman's Golf. brooke henderson is tied for 3rd after 2 rounds
Thanks given by:
Yeah Brooke had an awesome round today
Thanks given by:
I hope the cold shoulder Bolt gave to De Grasse after the race - they were certainly besties tonight like the 100m - puts the silly talk of the bromance to rest.
Thanks given by:
What a great day for Canada. Gold, silver and two bronze. I managed to catch the 200 on my phone. De Grasse ran a great race. Bolt has slowed a bit with age but still easily took gold.

Happy Warner hung onto a medal as well... it was starting to look like he'd miss out.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-18, 10:14 PM)Hobbes Wrote: So we're at 18 medals, same as London and one fewer than Beijing. Do we have two more medal hopes in the next few days? Men's 4x100 relay, Women's 800m and women's soccer come to mind. Any canoers or wrestlers?

Women's Soccer
Mark De Jonge
4 x 100 relay
Brooke Henderson
Melissa Bishop
BMX

Those are the ones I can think of
Thanks given by:
Did the race walk already happen? Supposedly we have some contenders in that.
Thanks given by:
Think it would be within reason to expect 21-22 medals at this stage. Nice to see another gold or two from De Jonge and Bishop.
Thanks given by:
Missed Warner and De Grasse, someone googled De Grasse during our game though (which we won, which hasn't happened much lately, so that was nice).

Haven't seen any replays yet, but it sure sounds like Bolt had the field covered by a mile (so to speak).
Thanks given by:
He beat De Grasse by 0.24 and ADG beat Lemaitre by 0.10. Times were pretty slow, the rain may have affected things.

Just noticed Lemaitre and Gemili tied for third, but only Lemaitre got bronze. Would they go to the thousandth of a second?
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-19, 02:02 AM)lewis94 Wrote: He beat De Grasse by 0.24 and ADG beat Lemaitre by 0.10. Times were pretty slow, the rain may have affected things.

Just noticed Lemaitre and Gemili tied for third, but only Lemaitre got bronze. Would they go to the thousandth of a second?

yup
Thanks given by: