Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRozan
Is highly underrated imo.

Only Giannis, LeBron, Harden, Cousin's, Durant and Davis average more points than him yet he plays less minutes per game than them. 

I really hope raps can go deep in the playoffs (ECF). I want to see DeRozan at his best in the playoffs. We won't have a player like him for a long time.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I have to give DeRozan credit - he's really improved his game, and continues to evolve each year. At 28 he seems to be hitting his prime.

If he can keep this up another 4 years or so I think a HoF nod might be in his future, as crazy as that would've seemed years ago.

Is he up there with the best of the best right now? I'm still not sure about that, despite his scoring prowess.
Thanks given by:
I'd rather have DeRozan than someone like Harden, who might win a scoring title, but the whole team has to play catch up because of his horrid defense
Thanks given by:
Harden has shown he can be a really strong player on defense, but he takes too much of the game off that his D can be embarrassing sometimes. Mind you, he's one of the two or three most explosive players on offense and so I would definitely take him ahead of DeRozan (who I would consider to be an average-at-best defender).

Off the top of my head, I would probably rank Derozan at around 20th on a list of the best players, give or take a few spots.
Thanks given by:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2...thers.html

Now this article makes me want to get a DeRozan jersey
Thanks given by:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-...something/

Kevin Love joins the mental health discussion
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-15, 04:19 PM)encore Wrote: Harden has shown he can be a really strong player on defense, but he takes too much of the game off that his D can be embarrassing sometimes. Mind you, he's one of the two or three most explosive players on offense and so I would definitely take him ahead of DeRozan (who I would consider to be an average-at-best defender).

Off the top of my head, I would probably rank Derozan at around 20th on a list of the best players, give or take a few spots.

DeRozan is great to have, but I'd absolutely take Harden over him in a heartbeat.

Too bad for OKC that they didn't open the vault for him when they had the chance.  Him, Durant and Westbrook?!  That would've been insane.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Harden might be one of the best offensive weapons from the past 20 years.

He needs next to no space and has unlimited range, and he's unstoppable when he's driving to the basket.

That's no slight against DeRozan, who should be in the MVP conversation this year and finish 3rd-5th in voting.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-10, 11:41 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-01-15, 04:19 PM)encore Wrote: Harden has shown he can be a really strong player on defense, but he takes too much of the game off that his D can be embarrassing sometimes. Mind you, he's one of the two or three most explosive players on offense and so I would definitely take him ahead of DeRozan (who I would consider to be an average-at-best defender).

DeRozan is great to have, but I'd absolutely take Harden over him in a heartbeat.

Too bad for OKC that they didn't open the vault for him when they had the chance.  Him, Durant and Westbrook?!  That would've been insane.

I'd never take Harden unless I have a surefire defensive stalwart. Gardens gotten better at both ends but his first year with Houston was brutal and even now he only knows 25 letters in the alphabet, seems to have forgotten that D is always supposed to be there
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-12, 09:34 PM)Unreal Wrote: I have to give DeRozan credit - he's really improved his game, and continues to evolve each year.  At 28 he seems to be hitting his prime.

If he can keep this up another 4 years or so I think a HoF nod might be in his future, as crazy as that would've seemed years ago.

Is he up there with the best of the best right now?  I'm still not sure about that, despite his scoring prowess.

DeRozan has really slipped over the past few months.

The playoffs will be quite telling - as it stands, I can't put him up there with the best of the best.  His 3P% has trailed off dramatically and is far below his career best a few years ago.

Hopefully him and Lowry can really elevate their games in the postseason.
Thanks given by: