Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadline Day Decisions
(4 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote: Apparently Duchene admitted he did not want to be a part of a rebuild, so really not ALL the blame falls on management other than the fact they built a shitty team.

That's the Sens spin.

What Duchene said today was that he wasnt ready to commit to a rebuild right now. Too many question marks. 

It was an interesting comment as Marc Savard last night predicted he'd accept a trade to CBJ and he would resign with Ottaws on July 1. They are cottage neighbors.
Thanks given by:
Scariest comment of the day came from Dorion who said he still has a strong leadership core. Listed Ceci and Smith first. 

The two most useless players on the team. One of which he waived!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)andreroy Wrote:
(4 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote: Apparently Duchene admitted he did not want to be a part of a rebuild, so really not ALL the blame falls on management other than the fact they built a shitty team.

That's the Sens spin.

What Duchene said today was that he wasnt ready to commit to a rebuild right now. Too many question marks. 

It was an interesting comment as Marc Savard last night predicted he'd accept a trade to CBJ and he would resign with Ottaws on July 1. They are cottage neighbors.

That's so weird because Duchene said it in his interview too. I thought he was just being nice to the fans by giving us hope that he could re-sign but that he has to "see what happens with the team first". No clue what that means, but it could mean if Stone signs long term?

Has a UFA player ever done that, get traded at the deadline and then re-sign with the team that traded him on July 1st? I'd be surprised.
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)andreroy Wrote: Scariest comment of the day came from Dorion who said he still has a strong leadership core. Listed Ceci and Smith first. 

The two most useless players on the team. One of which he waived!!!!!!!

HAHA I know right, and Ryan, don't forget Ryan Cry
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote:

That's the Sens spin.

That's so weird because Duchene said it in his interview too. I thought he was just being nice to the fans by giving us hope that he could re-sign but that he has to "see what happens with the team first". No clue what that means, but it could mean if Stone signs long term?

Has a UFA player ever done that, get traded at the deadline and then re-sign with the team that traded him on July 1st? I'd be surprised.

Roman Polak with the leafs.

Lol watch Karlsson and Duchene come back to Ottawa...

Fantasy is how I'm dealing with Dorion saying Ceci and Smith provide leadership
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:

That's the Sens spin.

A few times. Keith Tkachuk did it once. Orpik a more current example.

I think Duchene is just a memory now. He's not coming back but I thought it was interesting that both sides had their own version of events.

Duchene says: I wasnt ready to make a decision. I want to exercise my right to enter the open market and see what happens with this team before I commit the next 8 years of my life. 

Sens spin: Didnt want be part of the rebuild. 

It will be the same shit, different day with Stone.
Thanks given by:
I mean it's kinda obvious if Duchene or Stone don't want to be a part of a rebuild with the Sens. We had a chance to make the playoffs in the fall, but Dorion didn't do anything. They know management is clueless and wouldn't want to be a part of any rebuild with Dorion and Melnyk
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:

That's the Sens spin.

Plekanec last year.  Icon_razz
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)bicboi Wrote: I mean it's kinda obvious if Duchene or Stone don't want to be a part of a rebuild with the Sens. We had a chance to make the playoffs in the fall, but Dorion didn't do anything. They know management is clueless and wouldn't want to be a part of any rebuild with Dorion and Melnyk

Please don't remind me of that. I was so pissed in November that nothing got done when I saw that this team was only a defenseman or two away from being a playoff contender. But I regress, hopefully Dorion is truly thinking longer term for the betterment of the franchise and that all of this will be worth it.
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)andreroy Wrote: Sens spin: Didnt want be part of the rebuild. 

It will be the same shit, different day with Stone.

Maybe you're right, but let me ask you this, how much are you willing to give a player with Duchene's attitude right now (about the rebuild) just to make him stay? Do we really want to commit that kind of dough long term? I know it's the popular thing to hate on Melnyk et. al right now but really, are Stone and Duchene both worth 9-10 million a year for 8 years??
Thanks given by: