Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DiPietro/WJC
So DiPietro is the only Canucks prospect to make Team Canada's preliminary roster. It's a little surprising that Jett Woo did not make the preliminary roster. I thought he would get an invite for sure. But back to DiPietro, i think he's a lock to be Canada's #1 goaltender this year.

Gonna be an interesting tournament to follow. Team USA this year is loaded.

Thanks given by:
I thought Jett Woo would have got an invite. Jack Rathbone is on the radar for invite from Team USA.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-04, 01:43 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: So DiPietro is the only Canucks prospect to make Team Canada's preliminary roster. It's a little surprising that Jett Woo did not make the preliminary roster. I thought he would get an invite for sure. But back to DiPietro, i think he's a lock to be Canada's #1 goaltender this year.

Gonna be an interesting tournament to follow. Team USA this year is loaded.

Dipietro traded to '67s:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/67s-...pietro/amp
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
OTTAWA — The Ottawa 67’s have acquired one of the top goaltenders in junior hockey in a bid to make a run for an Ontario Hockey League title.

The league-leading 67’s, on a 23-game unbeaten streak, landed Michael DiPietro in a trade with the Windsor Spitfires on Tuesday.

The Spitfires receive forward Yegor Afanasyev, along with four second-round draft picks and three conditional picks, while the 67’s get two other draft picks.

DiPietro, a Vancouver Canucks prospect, is considered the favourite to be Canada’s starting goaltender at the world junior championship starting on Dec. 26 in Vancouver and Victoria, B.C.

He guided the Spitfires to the Memorial Cup championship in 2017.

The 67’s haven’t won an OHL title since 2001.

The 67’s and the London Knights, on a 17-game unbeaten run, are the front-runners in the OHL this season.

"Michael DiPietro is a tremendous competitor whose team and personal accomplishments are well-documented," 67’s GM James Boyd said in a statement. "Our fans will appreciate Michael’s character and work ethic. We’re excited with the outstanding goaltending depth this acquisition provides our team moving forward."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/...ockbuster/

Ottawa 67s, already leading the League and on a 23 Game unbeaten streak, needed a "better goalie"? Seems like they were already pretty good.
Thanks given by:
That was a big price to pay for a goalie you wont get for over a month. Hes going to be at the world juniors.

But they should be front runners to win now.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-04, 01:53 PM)topgun Wrote: I thought Jett Woo would have got an invite. Jack Rathbone is on the radar for invite from Team USA.

Woo is at 16 points in 21 games with a plus 5....on a pretty good Moose Jaw team.     And with his size one would think that he would be there.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-05, 06:15 AM)shoes Wrote:
(2018-12-04, 01:53 PM)topgun Wrote: I thought Jett Woo would have got an invite. Jack Rathbone is on the radar for invite from Team USA.

Woo is at 16 points in 21 games with a plus 5....on a pretty good Moose Jaw team.     And with his size one would think that he would be there.

just a numbers game, from what I have read.   Both Bouchard and Dobson are looked as virtual locks as 1-2 on the right side.  They pretty much would have to play themselves off the team.  After that there are another 5 RHD invites.
Thanks given by:
Quinn Hughes(no surprise there) and Tyler Madden named to Team USA's WJC Preliminary roster. Jack Rathbone did not get an invite.

Thanks given by:

Canada is very deep at defense this year. Any other year he would have probably been in the conversation and there is always next year.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-05, 06:48 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Quinn Hughes(no surprise there) and Tyler Madden named to Team USA's WJC Preliminary roster. Jack Rathbone did not get an invite.

Glad Madden made it.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Jet Woo is obviously playing alright this year. However, this is one year where making the World Jr. squad, especially the starting six, is going to be damn near impossible for someone like him.

Here's you defense so far:

Evan Bouchard (given), Ty Smith (given), Noah Dobson (given), and then after that you have a list of who's who of performing 1st and 2nd round selections from the 2017 and 2018 draft, including Woo's teammate Josh Brooks, who was also a 2nd round pick and is Moose Jaw's #1 d-man right now.

His best hope of making the selection roster was at the World Jr. Showcase, but he didn't exactly do anything that informed the coaching staff to select him over a number of very capable older defensemen.

I wouldn't read too much into this. He will be given a very good shot next year in his final year of eligibility and when he will most certainly be Moose Jaw's #1 defenseman.
Thanks given by:
As for Madden, Canucks fans should be very excited about him. The fact that he might play on USA's team should be energizing to us. When you think of great small shifty 3rd round picks who worked out, think no further than a guy like Brayden Point.
Thanks given by:

Nice. Size? I read him as 6 ft but 205 or so. Not huge, not small,  but built to hit Wink
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-13, 08:42 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

Nice. Size? I read him as 6 ft but 205 or so. Not huge, not small,  but built to hit Wink

Styxy, you tell me if Woo can hit after you watch this guy cutting to the net

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-13, 08:48 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2018-12-13, 08:42 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

Styxy, you tell me if Woo can hit after you watch this guy cutting to the net

GOLD!!!!  I mean he was built for hitting...  you might have read that as Not built to hit. Bad use of grammar

Thanks. I like what I see
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
I'm glad you like it. Here is one more for you

Thanks given by:
ya we don't have another defenseman like jet woo in our system

tryamkin doesn't hit like that
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by: