Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divisional Weekend Thread
(2018-01-15, 11:00 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(2018-01-14, 09:34 PM)ckendall Wrote: The 4 remaining QBs left for the Conference Championship games next Sunday...

Tom Brady, 5-time Super Bowl winning QB....

Blake Bortles
Case Keenum
Nick Foles

Shocked  Plain

[Image: ronsimmons3.jpg?1332999910]

Hey CrazyCanuck, that's what Saints were saying at the end of last night's game.... Laugh Laugh Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-15, 04:40 PM)topgun Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is predicting a Superbowl victory for the Jags. Just what you want to do to give some extra motivation to the Pats. The team that's had the most success over the last 17 years. He's great talent but why give anyone extra motivation. Old Man Brady and the Genius Coach (both are confirmed cheaters) don't need any more reasons to beat an opponent.

Just shut the F up and play the game. I hate the Pats and this does not help the Jags by getting the Pats a bit more focused.

Exactly; seems every year the Patriots run into an opponent who has guys already chirping ahead of next week's game...unaware that they're going against perhaps the greatest coach-&-QB duo of our generation...even if most of us hate them just because Silly Wink But yeah, when are guys going to learn to stop chirping ahead of playing the Patriots, & giving that football club extra motivation aka bulletin board material to come back & not only win, but shove it down your throats & laugh at you while they're doing so.

Granted, the Jags' D may make things more interesting than most might initially think; plus...the Patriots don't exactly know a whole lot about this Jaguars team just yet, even if they'll have a week to study them & come up with schemes to solve their defense & apply pressure on Bortles in the pocket. But still...experience usually prevails in the end, & the Patriots have plenty of that on the field. Anyway you look at it though, Jacksonville's management staff, led by former Giants coach Tom Coughlin, who's basically returned to his roots in Jacksonville( he was their inaugural head coach for the franchise's 1st 8 seasons in the league ), has helped make the Jags a relevant franchise again after they were in the dumps for so long...they finished 3-13 just a season ago for Pete sakes...!

But overall, this is pretty much business as usual for the Pats, while the Jags have posted their strongest showing in decades. But it's not safe at all to bet against the Patriots at home in Foxboro in January.
Thanks given by: topgun
I wonder what the opening line is on the AFC championship game?
Thanks given by:
Pats are 9 point favorites
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-14, 02:07 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-01-13, 09:32 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Gronkowski is not only a gutless asshole who blindsides and attempts to injure defenseless players,  but he's now an embellishing asshole who dives and carries on on the same level as some of the most dramatic of the European soccer players.

Did I mention he's an asshole.   Grin

Ahh poor you!  I guess you don't like the Patriots?

haha, no not really. They cheat, and the coach is a knob, and I'm tired of them winning all the time, so no, I don't like them. However have a bit of class for frack's sake.

I used to at least respect Gronk based on his ability, that is until the petulant meltdown that concussed someone on purpose for no good reason other than he was being a suck who didn't get his way.

Then in the game against the Titans I saw him throw his head back like Max Lappierre or Darcy Tucker when an opposing player brushed his helmet as he was carrying the ball. So now he's a jerkface embellisher too.

The only thing better than seeing the Jags beat the Steelers, would be seeing them beat New England. Badly.

There. Hopefully I've removed all doubt about where I'm coming from. Grin
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-15, 05:51 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2018-01-14, 02:07 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-01-13, 09:32 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Gronkowski is not only a gutless asshole who blindsides and attempts to injure defenseless players,  but he's now an embellishing asshole who dives and carries on on the same level as some of the most dramatic of the European soccer players.

Did I mention he's an asshole.   Grin

Ahh poor you!  I guess you don't like the Patriots?

haha, no not really. They cheat, and the coach is a knob, and I'm tired of them winning all the time, so no, I don't like them. However have a bit of class for frack's sake.

I used to at least respect Gronk based on his ability, that is until the petulant meltdown that concussed someone on purpose for no good reason other than he was being a suck who didn't get his way.

Then in the game against the Titans I saw him throw his head back like Max Lappierre or Darcy Tucker when an opposing player brushed his helmet as he was carrying the ball. So now he's a jerkface embellisher too.

The only thing better than seeing the Jags beat the Steelers, would be seeing them beat New England. Badly.

There. Hopefully I've removed all doubt about where I'm coming from.  Grin

It must kill you when they win all the time!!! Grin
Thanks given by:
Sad

You know what made it worse?....So last february Wifey and I decide to burn some AirMiles and VIA points and go to Montreal, grab a room on Superbowl Sunday, and enjoy some food and drink from the market in our hotel room while watching the game.

Wifey CAN'T STAND Brady and the Pats. Even more so than me.

So the game is clicking along just fine, the mood is good, the wine and booze are flowing.....Mrs Limestoner seems fully primed for some post game one on one tight coverage if you know what I mean (wink wink). I think I had a semi on starting around the end of the third quarter.

Then came the Falcons collapse. Plain

The ambiance, the vibe, (not to mention all that perfectly good booze), completely wasted.... Cry

Did I mention that I hate the Pats?
Thanks given by: ckendall
(2018-01-15, 05:21 PM)topgun Wrote: Pats are 9 point favorites

And Minnesota are 3.5 favorites on the road in Philly
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-15, 06:19 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-01-15, 05:21 PM)topgun Wrote: Pats are 9 point favorites

And Minnesota are 3.5 favorites on the road in Philly

Home field is always given 3 points. If the game was being played in Minneapolis then the Vikes would be 6.5 favorites.
Thanks given by: ckendall
I'm hoping for Philly, because there is NO WAY I could take hearing that 'Viking Horn' one more time if they make it to the Super Bowl.
Thanks given by:
I suspect they wouldn't be allowed to play that horn in the superbowl, cornie. There was an article yesterday about the nfl having measures in place to limit the home field advantage aspect if minny got all the way to the final.
Thanks given by: Cornholio
We've never really seen what it would look like if a team actually made it to the Super Bowl in their home stadium. I'd be interested in seeing it... Wink

Not to mention the last time Vikings actually played in a Super Bowl...was a month-&-a-half before I was born...did I just give away my age just then? Silly Laugh
Thanks given by: